Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Vibrates like H**l

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-02, 05:06 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had similar vibration problems. I brought the car to Lexus two times. They did not fix it properly. Then I took the car to Town Fair Tire for balancing. The vibration was gone.

Mark
Old 06-17-02, 04:36 PM
miko400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad VIBE

I will also have the front brakes check. You could have a possiable warp rotor. I think Lexus should have put cross drilled and slotted Rotors on from the Factory. I think because the car is so big and heavy, when drive fast only daily bases it cause the Rotors wear faster. But this is just another thing you might want to check along with Tire balancing or a bad Rim..

I also have a bad vibration but I think it's the rotors that are causing my some of my issues. Then also maybe I need to start driving like normal people <funny> not I.. Have a nice one...
Old 06-21-02, 04:00 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My steer wheel shake like hell when braking from 70-50.
Wrap roter? I just had TRD brake upgrade about 2 month ago? already wrap? Dealer was telling me that I need the roter resurface... what? only two month....
Old 06-21-02, 05:52 AM
miko400
Driver

Default Brake

Are they the Cross Drilled and slotted Rotors? They should not have warp that fast. They should not need to be resurfaced that fast. Unless you drive over 130mph everyday. Did you order the rotors from TRD?
Old 06-21-02, 06:01 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

They are slotted purchased from Steve. My wife drive the car in the weekdays.. I drive it in the weekend with wife and kid.. no 130.. just 80...
Old 06-21-02, 06:05 AM
miko400
Driver

Default Brakes

Is this setup part of the group buy that is going on now by CL?
I just order those this week from Steve. I thought they were slotted and cross drilled? I would send them back. Well my car is doing the same thing right now. But I figured I needed to but the rotors and new pads on. What pads did he set you up with?
Old 06-21-02, 06:13 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

No.. its just sloted roter and trd sport pad. I think the current GB is the supra brake upgrade.. that is diff.
Send back to Steve? hmm...I don't even have the stock one to replace.. so I might have to get them resurface to see what is going on....
Old 06-21-02, 06:18 AM
miko400
Driver

Default Brakes

I just sent Steve an email I want to see what his responses is going to be? Well try re-surfacing the rotors an keep us posted. But you should not have to had that done for at least 6 months. Put It really depends on how you and the misses drive. But it don't sound like you drive fast at all.
Old 06-28-02, 11:01 AM
vroman13
Driver School Candidate

Default Update on my vibration

Well, here is an update on my noise and vibration problem. I took it back to tire shop to have tires rotated and have alignment checked again. Front alignment was way out and shop said that back was a little out but he could not get it back in but that rear tire wear was not bad. I left and noted that the steering wheel was not straight when the car was going straight. I immediately took it back and explained to the alignment guy what I noticed and he immediately realized that the problem was the rear alignment. He put car back up on the rack and he had to work with the right rear wheel for nearly an hour before being able to get it in-line. Car drives fine. Much of the tire nose is gone. There is still a high pitched howl which seems to resonate in the front end at around 15-30 mph but I can accept that this is "tire noise". I am running Yoko AVS-dB.

I still think there is a problem with the front end design that amplifies tire noise.

Vince
Old 06-28-02, 07:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Congrats vroman on getting some improvement and thanks for the update.

I do think the GS alignment is very sensitive.
Old 06-29-02, 01:58 AM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Default Michelins ruleeeee

**** bridgestones and many other tire makes. Michelins rule!!!!! Look into new Pilot Sport All weathers i think or somethin...????
Old 07-02-02, 09:35 PM
Seattle IS300
Driver School Candidate

For those of you who are experiencing excessive vibration/shimming problems. Please consider having your tires/wheels checked by any dependent tire shop that may have the following:

Hunter GSP9700 Vibration Control System

Using the Hunter GSP9700, may resolve some of those vibration/shimming problems. As the GS suspension is sensitive to incorrectly balanced tire/wheels.
Old 07-11-02, 05:31 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Over the last weekend.. I was soooo sick of my bad vib when I brake from high speed, the whole car would shake.. so I rotate the front wheel to the back.

Stupid move... now I feel the shake not only when I brake.. but when I drive on highway.

I think I may have combination problem.

1st: my new TRD roter might be wrap? (Vib on Brake?)
2st: the back wheel are not balanced correctly?

my dealer was telling me that I need to roter re-surface to fix the vib on Braking?

I am going to get the tire re-balance and allign tomorrow or sat.

Do you guys think the re-blanace + Allign will fix all my problem? or I have to find someone to re-surface my 3 month old TRD rotor?
Old 07-11-02, 11:40 AM
JacobT

I bought new set of rotors plus new rims/tires to fix the problem:eek:
Old 12-23-06, 12:37 AM
400 Degrez
Driver

where can i find this tsb on the vibration I just purchased an gs 400 Will I have to pay for it?

Quick Reply: Vibrates like H**l