Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Car still sits uneven after springs/shock change. help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 11:15 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car still sits uneven after springs/shock change. help!

Hey you all,
My car sits uneven. Driver side front and rears are 1inch lower than the passenger side. until today, they had stock suspension on.The passenger side ride height was the "normal" height rather than the driver side. It seemed like driver side front and rears have been sagged.
So,today I changed the shocks to KYB TT supra shocks with TT supra springs.
The result? .5inches lower all around. Which means the suspension lowers while maintaining the uneven height.

The rears aren't that noticeable. but the fronts are so noticeable. when you look at the car from the front or rear, you can definately tell that it's sagging on the driver side.

So here's my question.........what OTHER things could affect 1" of un-evenness?
I know many people had rears uneven, and you can fix that by fiddling with the endlinks but I don't think the fronts will work this way.

The top control arm bushing is busted. taht's the ONLY thing that wasn't identical to the passenger side. could this make 1" of difference in height?
someone please help.
thanks
JP
Old 08-28-06, 11:24 PM
Maeve
Instructor

It could be the bushing or the sway bar.

Check this out: My drivers side was over 1" lower than the passenger side (SOLUTION)

Please read the entire thread, then you would get the idea of what to check and why.

Hope it helps.
Old 08-28-06, 11:31 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maeve
It could be the bushing or the sway bar.

Check this out: My drivers side was over 1" lower than the passenger side (SOLUTION)

Please read the entire thread, then you would get the idea of what to check and why.

Hope it helps.

as far as I know, that's for the rears only. I am having problems with the front gap. the endlinks on the front can't be lopsided since one side bolts right up on the place where the shock mounts to. correct me if i am wrong?
Old 08-28-06, 11:50 PM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

i checked all four just now anyways.
Every single End links are upwards(correctly)
Old 09-29-10, 10:18 PM
exotic84
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i am late. Anyone find out the problem why driver's front and rear is lower then passenger's side? Mine IS have same problem, but only 1/2 inch difference. It really bother me. Personally I think its the vehicle height sensor that is located by driver's rear lower control arm. Noticed a sensor I have to removed bolts to get to the rear spring. What strange it did not have that problem when the car is lowered until a year later. Raised the car to factory height and remains same way. Replace shocks and still same problem. Any clue?
Old 10-05-10, 05:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have just checked and read the same link mentioned above. All of my sway bar links are in the up position. I did notice that the LR one was kinda bent, and the RR was definately bent, it was curved. The front two are straight because I replaced them with all of my bushings, front and rear, with TM Engineering ones or Daizan. I also did this along with new rack and pinion bushings and Tokico Blue struts, all at the same time.

My sits also uneven, but I was thinking it was the way the factory springs have settled over the years, but since reading alot of problems with the same thing, I am thinking something else. My 1992 sits lower on the driver side, at least 3/4 of an inch in the front, and at least a 1/2 lower in the rear, compared to the passenger side.

I too, also want to know if the sway bar links being bent in the rear will cause, before I order ones, or something else we can check?