Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 05:20 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).

After a long week of putting everything together at once. It is finally here. My first ever on any car suspension upgrade. As some of you might already know from me bothering them with questions, lol, I always was not satisfied with GS boat like, sloppy ride, plus I have 100k miles and this car I realize now was not pampered at all. So, I ended up doing regular maint. service of spark plugs from Lexus, timing belt with water pump, then I had very bad steering feel, it was very loose, we thought it was a rack pinion, after getting new one, it turned out to be bad rack shaft, then we tightened the pre-tentioner, most of loose feel went away, also changed out tie rods. Before that I also had problem with my tilt motor, so I ended up buying the whole column from one of the members here and replacing it all together. So now finally I decided not to get rid of the car, since I did so much to bring it back to life, I decided to mod the suspension. I got new Tein CS V2, Daizen control arm bushing kit and new ball joints fro M Todd at TM Engineering and had my mechanic friend to this job for only $200!! Then I ended up giving him $90 more after he spend 12 hours pressing out the 7 bushings. We left the straight lower control arm off after reading some post that it might be the one to wear out quickly and cause alignment problems. I ended up getting new control arm from Lexus, $190. So now I have all Daizen bushings in my original control arms except the 2 straight lower control arm on both sides.. One original with 100k miles, one brand new, but it seems to be ok for now.. Last night we dropped the car and left the back the way it came in the box it was in my opinion perfect drop, I did not want to have the ghetto look since I have stock 17" wheels, here are the pics of before and after:

Tein CS v2:

My car before (not washed):

After:

Old 08-29-06, 05:23 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a difference
Old 08-29-06, 05:29 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Now you need some spacers and its on
Old 08-29-06, 05:30 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Teins!

What a differece it makes in having the car lowered, even with stock wheels! I would allow it to settle awhile before adjusting again and wait until you mount new wheels before you make any more adjustments! The car is sitting nice with the stock 17's and if your thinking of going 19's or 20's I would leave it at that height for now! Keep up the good work! Nice upgrade on a beautiful color! Money well spent!
Old 08-29-06, 05:52 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very clean, i dont even think you need any upgrades. Nice ride
Old 08-29-06, 06:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice job... i bet it feels like a new car... I wouldn't change a thing... best of luck..
Old 08-29-06, 06:33 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks real good. I love the way my CS ride. I have no problem with those wheels...........except the gold centercaps
Old 08-29-06, 06:55 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

The GS looks real good, as others have stated leave as is for now until you decide to upgrade the wheels.
Old 08-29-06, 09:05 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Default Thanks everyone

thanks guys for all the comments.. I think it looks os much better and more agressive with this drop. I think it is perfect drop myself.. I know about the center caps, they are gold, I bought the car like that, the wheels were put on the car by someone, because I had to add the spoiler, I bought new center caps on ebay, they did not fit, I will refinish L logo with chrome soon. I will leave it like that for now.. I adjusted the stiffness agian just now, much better.. Each shock has 29 clicks of adjustments that I noticed, manual says 1-16 are the ones you should use within spec, mine are set now 5 clicks of the 16 softer in front and 6 clicks in the back.. Rides nice, I will let them set in.. Thanks again for the comments.. I will ask RZ tomorrow about spacers for the back and maybe for the front, I hope they are not that expensive..

As far as the wheels, I started the thread and got some wheels photoshoped on Lexforlife's GS.. I really not ready to spend money on Madulare or Maya wheels, check out the thread, almost all the wheels I had photoshoped by Seize look sick:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232973

the wheels I had in mind for my car are:

MRR HR2 20" in Brushed Aluminum:

Donz Columbo 20" Brushed Aluminum:

Axis Milano 20" Brushed Aluminum, (these are 19"):

Old 08-30-06, 03:31 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

looks much better now. I really like the Donz colombos in brushed finish
Old 08-30-06, 04:35 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Car looks great
Old 08-30-06, 05:06 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

I'm with everybody else. Looks much better.
Old 08-30-06, 06:06 AM
1wickedgs
Driver

It looks very good but I think it would look better with out the stocks my b-4
Attached Thumbnails Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).-1st-set-of-rims.jpg  
Old 08-30-06, 06:07 AM
1wickedgs
Driver

my other b-4
Attached Thumbnails Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).-kev-27n-27lex.jpg  
Old 08-30-06, 06:09 AM
1wickedgs
Driver

and my after
Attached Thumbnails Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).-img_0907.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tein CS v2, Daizen bushing kit installed, (Pics inside).