Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front brake noise - help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 06:18 PM
JohnnySpag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front brake noise - help?

Tonight, I heard a noise coming from the front brakes. I was getting gas, and once it was done filling and I was ready to go, I put the car in reverse, then in drive, tapped the brakes lightly and heard a clanking noise as I stepped on the brakes. I got home about to pull in the garage - didnt hear it, but once I put the car in reverse, back up a foot, then go forward, the first time I step on the brake it makes this noise. Sounds like the front caliper...not sure. Any advice? It only does it as I put the car in reverse, then go forward and step on the brake (at a low speed). It will do it once and thats it.....
Old 08-30-06, 07:40 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a known issue and while i cannot tell you exactly why it is happening (something to do about the brake pad seating properly) and if a remedy is available, i can tell you that there is another earlier thread that talked about it extensively. it's happening to me, too. whenever i go into reverse and then into drive, i brake regardless to get the noise "out of the way" so i don't have to heard it in front of the public. i'll try to search for that old thread.