Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Which sway bars would you buy?
TRD
48.00%
Daizen
49.00%
Other
3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

TRD vs. Daizen

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06 | 06:54 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Thanks. I assume you have the TRD bushings that came with them, not the Daizen bushings...correct?
Old 11-27-06 | 07:56 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile sway bushings

Well I asked on this board about using the Daizen bushings with the TRD Sways and after the laughter died down it appears that the Daizens won't fit on the TRD's

So to answer your question

I have the TRD bushings

Ivan
3dog
Old 11-27-06 | 02:44 PM
Navaz
Pole Position

That track test i did was such a long time ago, since then i had gone back to the TRD Blues because i liked the feel better but a year later i had to go back to the daizens because the rear TRD bar snapped. Do a search i posted pics when it happend. I curently still have the daizens but i will be getting another rear TRD bar. As i am tired of all the sqeekes from the bushings of the daizen bar.

Last edited by Navaz; 11-27-06 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-27-06 | 07:35 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Squeeking

Originally Posted by Navaz
That track test i did was such a long time ago, since then i had gone back to the TRD Blues because i liked the feel better but a year later i had to go back to the daizens because the rear TRD bar snapped. Do a search i posted pics when it happend. I curently still have the daizens but i will be getting another rear TRD bar. As i am tired of all the sqeekes from the bushings of the daizen bar.

My wife had her rear sway break. It was a Daizen, Daizen was great about it and replaced the sway bar. In the meantime I bought the TRD sways and ended up taking the Daizens off of mine and putting the TRD's on.

I love the TRD's and now that you mention it I remember the sqeeking was rather irritating. I had not thought about that.

I am amazed that you broke the TRD Sway as they are much beefier than the Daizens.

By the way you can pick up just the rear bar from Sewell Lexus in Dallas

Ivan
3dog
Old 12-29-06 | 03:25 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

I have Sportivo, Daizen, and TRD. I have the Sportivo on the 2k3 GS3 and the TRD on the 2k1 GS4.
Old 11-19-07 | 11:14 PM
jesod
Pole Position

TRD for me!
Old 12-05-07 | 06:35 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Is daizen still selling products?
Old 12-09-07 | 04:49 AM
exquisit
Driver School Candidate

ok so after reading the whooole thread.... my question is:
what is the every one's opinion... now that a year has passed?
has anyone tried new setups? new products? new combinations?
what is good for you and why?
=)
Old 02-26-08 | 03:59 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

lol, i know that a long time ago, people complained that their blue rear TRD sways would break after hitting a curb.

I had posted saying that it's no accident they broke, and you can't blame TRD for it. A racing sway bar is suppose to be for racing applications. Racing cars have stiff springs in the rear which takes off load from the sway bars. So all of the people who claimed to break their sway bar all had non racing spring rates in the rear, thus putting a lot of load in the bar, especially it you hit a curb.

I just felt like defending TRD since I have had mine for a while now, Road Raced with them, and still haven't broken them. And yes, I do have high spring rates.

I wanted to know if Daizen was still making bushing sets.... no word on that?
Old 03-31-08 | 10:54 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

TRD FTW!!!

But seriously, even though I bought my car with these installed, and don't know what the stock feel was like, this car handles like a dream. I work in an area with terrible roads, so I def feel the uneven roads. It's somewhat harsh I guess, but it's a small price to pay for awesome handling. I do avoid any bumps, potholes, and other crap like the plague though. Although I probably look like an **** madman on the road swerving from them, it is more fun to drive avoiding them. It becomes like a video game without the speed. Going 35mph in a car with this much performance is terribly boring anyway so why not have a little fun in trying to get the least bumps as possible? I'm rambling, lol

Now only if I could get the steering vibration cured!
Old 04-04-08 | 07:05 AM
LexChipS
Driver

Here's a question, when installing your TRD sways do you guys change out your endlinks???
Old 04-04-08 | 12:14 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Default well

I have not heard or experience any problem with the original endlinks
Old 05-06-09 | 07:38 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Do the TRD bars not squeak like the Daizens over time?
Old 05-06-09 | 09:00 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kenkaniff
TRD FTW!!!

But seriously, even though I bought my car with these installed, and don't know what the stock feel was like, this car handles like a dream. I work in an area with terrible roads, so I def feel the uneven roads. It's somewhat harsh I guess, but it's a small price to pay for awesome handling. I do avoid any bumps, potholes, and other crap like the plague though. Although I probably look like an **** madman on the road swerving from them, it is more fun to drive avoiding them. It becomes like a video game without the speed. Going 35mph in a car with this much performance is terribly boring anyway so why not have a little fun in trying to get the least bumps as possible? I'm rambling, lol

Now only if I could get the steering vibration cured!

LOL, keep rambling... it makes me laugh.
Old 05-06-09 | 09:38 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Do the TRD bars not squeak like the Daizens over time?
They dont really squeak. The bushings are rubber like OEM where as Daizen uses polyurethane bushings. I've never had squeaking in both my TRD/Daizens. Although I do wish Daizen would put some kind of vain/slit inside the bushings so it keeps its lubrication. When you have two relatively flat surface squishing against each other...lubricant will run out eventually.

Quick Reply: TRD vs. Daizen