Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

supra lca's!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 05:49 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just compared the dazian bushings with the bushings in the oem supra control arms, and the bushings in the supra control arms are larger, so the dazians will not work in the supra control arms! however the bushings in the supra control arms feel and look alot harder than stock sc bushings.
Old 09-25-06, 05:52 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by B1TEM3
would this be cheaper to replace OEM lexus with daizen bushing, and not ordering supras' lca? I heard supras' are the same.
it would probably be cheaper to buy the supra control arms and have a shop install and perform an alignment. the process of burning out old bushings and replacing them in the stock lexus arms will most likely cost more. i got my control arms from carson toyota 460.00 shipped!
Old 10-19-06, 08:02 AM
bluesharp
Driver School Candidate

The other reason to buy new Toyota LCAs instead of just replacing the bushings is that you also get a brand new ball joint with the LCAs.
Old 10-19-06, 10:09 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluesharp
The other reason to buy new Toyota LCAs instead of just replacing the bushings is that you also get a brand new ball joint with the LCAs.
Bingo. Give this man the blue ribbon.

If your car has over 150k then the ball joints are most likely shot, replacing the bushings will only be a temporary fix and you'll end up doing that same labor again in less than a year. Just save yourself the hassle and replace the lca completely. How do I know this you might wonder?....ahh yes, how do I know this...
Old 10-19-06, 11:48 AM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I tried to tell you two years ago...
After I replaced mine.
Old 10-19-06, 09:49 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

got the new upper bushings installed, along with the new control arms. theres quite a diffrence in the handling of the car now.
Old 10-21-06, 02:07 AM
B1TEM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by audi2nr
just compared the dazian bushings with the bushings in the oem supra control arms, and the bushings in the supra control arms are larger, so the dazians will not work in the supra control arms! however the bushings in the supra control arms feel and look alot harder than stock sc bushings.
You had me at Larger control arm :-)

I was just speculating that it would be cheaper to have daizen bushing installed on your SC's LCA (+ new ball joint) compare to brand new supra LCA assembly from dealer. Thanks for the explanation. :-)

I work in a speed shop so labor is free. yes I would torch the rubber than use Snap On hammer to tap it out.