Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Question about Eibach settling time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 04:17 PM
Xelvic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Eibach settling time?

Hey guys,

I just got the Eibach pro kit put on my car. My question is about settling time before I get it aligned. Is it the actual miles on the springs going up and down or the time of the springs under just the weight of the car? I asked this because I don’t drive the car except for on the weekends and need to know when to get aligned. Thanks.
Old 09-21-06, 04:47 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

mine took a about week to settle. i think it's just dependent on how long theyve been on for, regardless of whether or not it's sitting there or youre driving around. of course driving around would probably help it settle faster but probably marginally.

is allignment that important? i thought i read somewhere that the 2IS has no +/- camber so the wheels are pretty much perpindicular with the ground no matter what. is that correct? or am i completely missing it....
Old 09-21-06, 05:05 PM
ExKoukiS14
Rookie

yeah...i also heard that camber plates would have no effect either.
that's strange to me to hear that. I've been lazy to actually get under the car and in the wheel wells.

Could someone confirm the type of suspension that is in the front and rear? Are they mcpherson type or double wish bone?
Old 09-21-06, 08:24 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Eibach Pro Kit was installed 2 weeks ago. I felt the bumps more after a week. Also, I noticed it sat lower ( 1 week later) compared to the day it was installed. I waited another week (about 500 miles after installation) just to be sure before I had it aligned. To this day it still drives straight. No pulling to the left or right whatsoever. For some reason, on the second week, it's not as bumpy anymore...who knows, maybe it's just me being too sensitive about the ride quality. Tomorrow, I have an appointment for alignment. Yes, the only thing that can be adjusted is toe. Yes, I believe it's a double wish bone suspension. I was told eventhough it drives straight, check the toe and adjust if needed.
Old 09-21-06, 10:17 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

my car has always driven straight, even after the springs... so is allignment still necessary? anyone?
Old 09-22-06, 03:43 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you guys said bumps means bounce? I wanna to know compare the stock springs to the Eibach pro kit...can you accept the increased bounces?
Old 09-22-06, 04:12 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It will take about a good month and half, untill you start noticing a more boucing effect. As far as Toe alighment, wait a week or so.
Old 09-22-06, 01:28 PM
Xelvic
Driver

Originally Posted by t0e
It will take about a good month and half, untill you start noticing a more boucing effect. As far as Toe alighment, wait a week or so.
Damn! My car is going to start to bounce like those riced out civic's? I don't want that. I thought Eibach kept the factory ride quality except when you get on them like in a turn or something. I thought that was the big deal about progressive springs. I'll tell ya one thing right now, if my car starts to bounce they will be coming off my car and going up Mr. Eibach's butt!!
Old 09-22-06, 02:19 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Eibachs were installed months ago, and it still rides like stock to me. There aren't any alignment ajustmest that can be made to fix a 2IS that drifts left or right since caster and camber aren't adjustable. Well, I guess you could screw up the rear toe enough that it would drift due to "dog tracking", but that wouldn't be a side effect of lowering springs. From the before / after aligment specs I've seen on CL after installing Eibachs, there is just a slight change in front and rear toe. Getting it aligned will just extend tire life a bit, but shouldn't effect handling or ride quality at all.
Old 09-25-06, 12:47 PM
TangoC
Driver School Candidate

Why isn't caster and camber adjustable on the 2IS?
Old 09-25-06, 01:37 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoC
Why isn't caster and camber adjustable on the 2IS?
Lexus just didn't think it was important enough. I've only had 1 car in my life that had adjustable caster and camber, and that was a Honda S2000.
Old 09-25-06, 02:18 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
My Eibachs were installed months ago, and it still rides like stock to me. There aren't any alignment ajustmest that can be made to fix a 2IS that drifts left or right since caster and camber aren't adjustable. Well, I guess you could screw up the rear toe enough that it would drift due to "dog tracking", but that wouldn't be a side effect of lowering springs. From the before / after aligment specs I've seen on CL after installing Eibachs, there is just a slight change in front and rear toe. Getting it aligned will just extend tire life a bit, but shouldn't effect handling or ride quality at all.
I agree with Gernby 110%. I had the regular (non-sport) suspension, and my car's ride is exactly the same. I was very, very surprised to experience this, as I was already expecting a bouncier suspension.

Javier