Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my complete suspension set-up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 11:59 PM
scfourhun
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
awesome.
......ummm yeah

Originally Posted by DHBomber
In the end you're still stuck with a single shock adjustment!
so very true
Old 10-27-06, 01:34 AM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait i didnt even notice this the first time i read this thread, you want to corner flat, but your plan is to run factory sway bars from another car? you havent even poted anything about tires or rims, sidewall roll must be a turn on for you.

for someone who does scca, that is a pretty incomplete suspension setup list. you said you rolled on alot of different types of suspension i saw that jic tein and hks are what you've experienced. there is a huge difference between the jic sf1's and the flt a2's, i rode the a2's, they're nice, but nothing to brag about, all teins suck, they are valved crappy, i had the ra's on one of my other cars, and it was horrible, the old hks's were good for street, but crappy on the track, have you ever rode on hks properformers?

you cant go and say coilovers suck based on only trying the entry level stuff. and since you scca, you must also know that suspension can only take you so far, i know guys will cage, nice coilovers, full multilink, crazy sways that still understeer sometimes when they mess up.

anyways if i was gonna build my suspension, i'd probaly do this, silkroad rma64(new not released but they have external resevor), tms sways for supra, custom supra endlinks with heim joints, multilink(BV traction link, BV toe link, jic tie rod), trd fstb, daizen bushings and a cusco 4pt rollbar

in no way am i even saying that setup is anywhere near complete but i'm not in the scca, i dont drive fast on the freeway offramps ond onramps, heck i'm not even that into suspension. that setup is what i'd like to run in my daily driver, maybe if i wanted to build a track car, i'd stitch weld the chassis or do something crazy.
Old 10-27-06, 09:26 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
wait i didnt even notice this the first time i read this thread, you want to corner flat, but your plan is to run factory sway bars from another car? you havent even poted anything about tires or rims, sidewall roll must be a turn on for you.

for someone who does scca, that is a pretty incomplete suspension setup list. you said you rolled on alot of different types of suspension i saw that jic tein and hks are what you've experienced. there is a huge difference between the jic sf1's and the flt a2's, i rode the a2's, they're nice, but nothing to brag about, all teins suck, they are valved crappy, i had the ra's on one of my other cars, and it was horrible, the old hks's were good for street, but crappy on the track, have you ever rode on hks properformers?

you cant go and say coilovers suck based on only trying the entry level stuff. and since you scca, you must also know that suspension can only take you so far, i know guys will cage, nice coilovers, full multilink, crazy sways that still understeer sometimes when they mess up.

anyways if i was gonna build my suspension, i'd probaly do this, silkroad rma64(new not released but they have external resevor), tms sways for supra, custom supra endlinks with heim joints, multilink(BV traction link, BV toe link, jic tie rod), trd fstb, daizen bushings and a cusco 4pt rollbar

in no way am i even saying that setup is anywhere near complete but i'm not in the scca, i dont drive fast on the freeway offramps ond onramps, heck i'm not even that into suspension. that setup is what i'd like to run in my daily driver, maybe if i wanted to build a track car, i'd stitch weld the chassis or do something crazy.
damn dude, goin all crazy with your suspension mod list. I think that stuff wouldnt be too fun on the street though. Wut are the specs on the silkroads? sound pretty promising, they come w/ a helper spring? Go w/ the carbing STB, much better imo especially w/ the Master cylinder stopper. For the street all i want are the hks hiper2's and daizen sways. i dont need bushings yet, i only got 33,000 miles on my car. Good post man.
Old 10-27-06, 09:28 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

holy crap, i just saw the specs on the rma8's 18kg/10kg Deffinately not gonna be fun on the streets.
Old 10-27-06, 02:55 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

i have the rma8's right now and they ROCK its too bad i have zero patience and didnt wait for the rma64's to come out
Old 10-27-06, 05:42 PM
DHBomber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Boostshakalaka;2206196]wait i didnt even notice this the first time i read this thread, you want to corner flat, but your plan is to run factory sway bars from another car? you havent even poted anything about tires or rims, sidewall roll must be a turn on for you.

QUOTE]

The SC is tuned for luxury, and is high enough to allow grandma to roll over any speed bump. The supra was tuned as a sportscar with nice wide meats (235/255) that give great traction. As a result there is alot of potential there when switching over. For someone who wants more of a sportier suspension will not be dissapointed with the switchover to basic supra upgrade parts. There are no fitment/sound/quality issues, parts are easy to find, and very cost effective. While the AGX, Koni, Bilstein shocks will work with stock springs just fine, they are strong enough to keep aftermarket springs in check. You don't have to go extreme to get great results (ya know... motion, ocean... n/m).
If you are planning on racing however (without spending $4K+ on Motons/Penske etc.)... the Konis really stand out. You can go with off the shelf parts with an already huge amount of adjustments and when you're ready you can take advantage of the suspension gods.
http://www.propartsusa.com/information.php?info_id=15
http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ze/8055_fs.jpg

But in the end it's your money and your choice... and there are alot of choices... ain't it great .

scfourhun... hurry up and install em!
Old 10-27-06, 08:06 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

it is great, and there are a million options out there for a million different tastes, but the whole disagreement part was scfourhun saying the spring strut combo in will ultimately outperform a decent full coilover system