Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my complete suspension set-up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 10:30 PM
scfourhun
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my complete suspension set-up.

is this a good set-up?
-tt kyb agx 4 way adjustable
-tt eibach pro kit
-tt cusco carbon fiber strut bar
-prothane polyurethane front & rear upper/lower control arm and steering rack bushings
-tt front and rear sways

im really looking for a more solid flat leveled and firm feel. really dont like the soft bouncy ride on my car. i have all these parts and just saving for the intall. anyone have something similar to what i have?
Old 10-16-06, 10:37 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

I have Eibach TT on the way, i'm looking to purchase TT Tokico Illumina within the next month. Strut bar after my 1jz install and so on.
-hass
Old 10-17-06, 03:27 AM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want flat and firm, get some coilovers
Old 10-17-06, 04:57 AM
JKAG
Driver

Its a fine setup (even for the raod track) so long as you are NA. If you get boost you will want stiffer springs and should go with coilovers.

Again, this is for road race. For street you should be fine with your proposed setup
Old 10-17-06, 09:43 AM
scfourhun
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
if you want flat and firm, get some coilovers
everybody over rates coilovers, and from experience, coilovers are not the best suspension set-up out. i had the jic and hks and rode on some teins, and honestly, i dint notice much difference from strut spring combo, and even at times dint feel as predictable and agile. i drive my cars hard 60% of the times and when turning at speeds and uneven pavement, the advantage was to my friends sc3tt with kyb agx and tanabe coils against another with hks coilovers. the only truly amazing and incredible suspension i rode and drove was on a bpu supra with moton suspension. but not a lot of folks can't cash out $4k on their suspension.
Old 10-17-06, 10:50 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scfourhun
everybody over rates coilovers, and from experience, coilovers are not the best suspension set-up out. i had the jic and hks and rode on some teins, and honestly, i dint notice much difference from strut spring combo, and even at times dint feel as predictable and agile. i drive my cars hard 60% of the times and when turning at speeds and uneven pavement, the advantage was to my friends sc3tt with kyb agx and tanabe coils against another with hks coilovers. the only truly amazing and incredible suspension i rode and drove was on a bpu supra with moton suspension. but not a lot of folks can't cash out $4k on their suspension.

no way the KYBAGXw/ tanabe coils can out perform the HKS hipermax2s Tanabe's coils are decent, and kyb's are decent. HKS is freaking crazy, they use custom built swift springs, and their dampers and high quality. HKS was probably not set up properly. If you had teh AGX at the hardest and the HKS at the softest settings, you'll deff think the AGX's are better. Having a stiffer ride doesnt always mean you'll handle better.
Old 10-17-06, 01:12 PM
scfourhun
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
no way the KYBAGXw/ tanabe coils can out perform the HKS hipermax2s Tanabe's coils are decent, and kyb's are decent. HKS is freaking crazy, they use custom built swift springs, and their dampers and high quality. HKS was probably not set up properly. If you had teh AGX at the hardest and the HKS at the softest settings, you'll deff think the AGX's are better. Having a stiffer ride doesnt always mean you'll handle better.
i never said having a stiffer ride means better handling, what i did said was that the tanabe/agx were comparable to the hks c/o, and i gave advantange to the tanabe/agx because of quality but more because of price over the hks. i drove both set-up and were very similar in ride quality and handling.
Old 10-23-06, 03:07 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

maybe you're just not driving hard enough to be able to tell a difference
Old 10-23-06, 09:59 PM
scfourhun
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
maybe you're just not driving hard enough to be able to tell a difference
me not driving hard is like saying i hate speed. i take 25 mph exit turns nearly double the posted limit, i always stay 15-20 over the freeway limit. and this is me cruising, not including having fun while teaching someone a lesson in toyota performance.

case in point...i drive my cars hard man, but i also dont beat on them neither.
Old 10-23-06, 11:19 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

please dont take this offensively, but maybe u dont have the experience to tell wut's good and wut is bad.
Old 10-24-06, 01:12 PM
Durrr
Lead Lap

please dont take this offensively, but maybe u dont have the experience to tell wut's good and wut is bad.

wut's up!
Old 10-24-06, 02:28 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

the extra money of the coilovers is not only for a just a spring and well engineered shock, but the level of adjustability that will come into good use with different race tracks, corner balancing, etc, that the traditional limited adjustable shock and spring combo can not offer.
Old 10-24-06, 02:51 PM
scfourhun
Rookie

oo not a problem, thats fine, your opinion is your own and not mine, and by no means will cause offense. i have six years of track time under my belt as i am a member of the sports club of america since 2000. my passion are cars, and i take full appreciation of their purpose, so dont worry, you do not offend me, and i hope i do not offend you but i care less what you think
Old 10-24-06, 03:30 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scfourhun
oo not a problem, thats fine, your opinion is your own and not mine, and by no means will cause offense. i have six years of track time under my belt as i am a member of the sports club of america since 2000. my passion are cars, and i take full appreciation of their purpose, so dont worry, you do not offend me, and i hope i do not offend you but i care less what you think

awesome.

dont you mean the sports car club of america?

Wut kind of racing do you do?
Old 10-24-06, 05:12 PM
DHBomber
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xirforever
the extra money of the coilovers is not only for a just a spring and well engineered shock, but the level of adjustability that will come into good use with different race tracks, corner balancing, etc, that the traditional limited adjustable shock and spring combo can not offer.
I say this is a mixed blessing! I'm guessing that most coil-over buyers don't corner weight their cars, and don't change their spring rates according to tire grip anyways. In the end you're still stuck with a single shock adjustment!

Quick Reply: my complete suspension set-up.