Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings Squeek.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 02:27 AM
WillieGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any solution to this problem? Can we use spray lubricant what type? Any suggestion?
Old 12-04-06, 03:39 AM
WillieGS3
Driver

Default FYI- Front Upper Control Arm with Daizen Bushing.

Replaced my Flex to CS last Saturday and inspect, clean and lubricate my Daizen bushing. Noticed that noised I was hearing inside the car is coming from FRONT CONTROL ARM. I was wondering if this is torque issues? Re-torque my 17mm bolts back down to 80 ft.lbs plus silicon lube noise when away. This is not recommended torque for this upper control arm. Just did this for experimental.
Old 12-30-06, 02:35 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am leaning toward the temperature being a major factor, I had no squeaking in warm weather but in cold weather I get some squeaks. It is kind of annoying but I've had alot of performance cars before and there is almost always a trade off when switching to performance pieces. I think if we wait until spring the sound will be gone.
Old 12-30-06, 07:55 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
I am leaning toward the temperature being a major factor, I had no squeaking in warm weather but in cold weather I get some squeaks. It is kind of annoying but I've had alot of performance cars before and there is almost always a trade off when switching to performance pieces. I think if we wait until spring the sound will be gone.
This is the first winter I have had my Daizen sways and when it got cold here several weeks ago they started squeaking like a wild west stage coach. When it warmed up the squeaking lessened but was still there. When it got into the 70's the squeaking stopped. I really think these bushings are very temperature sensative. Oh, yea I did check to make sure all the grease I put on was still there and it sure was. My rears never did squeak though
Old 01-02-07, 06:16 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Any thought that it might be something other than the Daizens?

My car had been making noise for the past month or so. I just had the Daizen bushings put on last week and during the process it was discovered that my spring/shock combo was actually making the noise. It was retightened and I haven't heard a peep since the bushings were put in last week.

Old 01-02-07, 08:05 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys - i don't know if these daizen bushings are the culprit. i don't have the bushings (only on my sways) and I have the squeak - but so does my dad and he has a completely stock GS.

i bet it's something else.
Old 01-02-07, 08:09 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR
Any thought that it might be something other than the Daizens?

My car had been making noise for the past month or so. I just had the Daizen bushings put on last week and during the process it was discovered that my spring/shock combo was actually making the noise. It was retightened and I haven't heard a peep since the bushings were put in last week.

I will have to try tightening up my shocks and see if it helps.
Old 01-11-07, 04:20 AM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had the Daizen bushings replaced in my 98 GS300, and sure enough, about a month ago when it got real cold it started squeaking like crazy over any dips / railroad track crossings. What's the fix here? I can't sell this car like this!
Shawn
Old 01-11-07, 08:22 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

I have same issue. It was 55 outside yesterday. On any dips or bumps this car squeaks really bad. We need someone to chime in on this preferably TM Engineering. What do we do? This is a problem. I read that this poly material always squeaks in cold weather on other forums. Why can't lexus do bushings like BMW so we do not have to mod them and they are stiff from factory.. Can some one tell us if the upper control arm bushings are the ones squeaking or the big caster arm lower bushing, which one. if it is the upper one I will consider replacing my upper control arms with OEM and be done wit it.. Do we have nyone from Daizen on this forum to chime in!!! That would be helpful..
Old 01-11-07, 09:45 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys, most of you are worried about the sway bar busing squeek. You can easily fix that by drilling the mount, along with the bushing, then threading in a Zerk fitting ( http://www.interstatebolt.com/grease.htm ). Then you can grease them on the fly, any time you want. I have done this in the past, and will do it when I install my sway bar bushings. I usually have a buddy tack weld them for me too. You will never have to take anything off to re-grease them.
Old 01-11-07, 10:35 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

my control arm bushings are squeaking, they were squeaking before my sway bar bushings were installed. They were fine for 3 months, and then when temp dropped to 60 one day and it was raining, they started to squeak on passanger side, and now on both.. I do not have lower control arm bushings, I have oem. I only have upper control arm bushings and caster (big) bishings switched to Daizen.. I have a feeling that upper ones are the ones squeaking, because they are the ones that are moving the most on bumps and dips.. Plus Lexforlife said that switching caster bushings would fix 80% of the slop in front end, I might just get OEM upper control arms from junkyard and just have them swapped and just leave castor arm Daizen bushings.. Anyone know of goof junkyards for Lexus parts?!
Old 01-11-07, 10:42 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

is getting junkyard arms a good idea? you might end up with a set with worn out bushings again
Old 01-22-07, 03:57 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Default My Daizen bushings squeak really bad, check this out!

After driving my car everyday and my Dazien control arm bushings squeaking like crazy, I started to regret that I ever did this mod, can anyone from TM engineering or anyone that is car savy PM to let me know how to fix this? I am thinking of buying a set of used upper control arms from ebay for like $250, dealer wants $360 for each!! and be done with it. Sine caster arm bushings would fix 80% of the slop anyway, I would just leave those caster arm bushings and replace the upper ones to OEM with OEM rubber bushings, are the upper bushings making all the squeaking or the castor arm bushings? I would think the upper ones, since they move up and down over the bumps?! Anyway, I found this article on the net from a pretty good source, these people are engineers and here is what they have to say about poly bushings, if I knew I would never waste my time and money and now waste more money to get OEM control arms back:

here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/acarnut99/bushings.htm
Old 01-22-07, 08:23 PM
pardo
Pole Position

My car squeaks front and rear...
I have TEIN CS, Daizen Control Arms Bushings, Daizen Sways...

When it gets colder like 40F it squeaks more.
Old 01-22-07, 08:39 PM
pavster
Driver

I feel your pain, man! I guess the poly bushings are not made for the street, no matter how much the sales folk will try to convince you otherwise. The whole re-grease them every 10k thing is getting annoying, and all I have are the swaybar and castor arm bushings. If you can find a used set of upper control arms from a totaled car (as long as they are not damaged, of course), and they don't have too many miles on them, you should be good. Be careful not to buy them from someone who just replaced his 100k+ mile ones with new and is trying to dump his junk.

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
After driving my car everyday and my Dazien control arm bushings squeaking like crazy, I started to regret that I ever did this mod, can anyone from TM engineering or anyone that is car savy PM to let me know how to fix this? I am thinking of buying a set of used upper control arms from ebay for like $250, dealer wants $360 for each!! and be done with it. Sine caster arm bushings would fix 80% of the slop anyway, I would just leave those caster arm bushings and replace the upper ones to OEM with OEM rubber bushings, are the upper bushings making all the squeaking or the castor arm bushings? I would think the upper ones, since they move up and down over the bumps?! Anyway, I found this article on the net from a pretty good source, these people are engineers and here is what they have to say about poly bushings, if I knew I would never waste my time and money and now waste more money to get OEM control arms back:

here is the link:

http://www.geocities.com/acarnut99/bushings.htm

Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings Squeek.