Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings Squeek.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 08:31 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes they do come with small grease packets. but it doesn't seem to do the job. you used all of the packet it came with when i got the control arm bushings and it still squeeked. it only stoped when i used hydrolic oil.
Old 01-29-07, 09:57 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes. me and my mech used the grease that came with Dazien bushings but maybe we did not put a lot or while putting the bushings in the control arms, not enough grease got inside, so after few months, they started to squeak, so after reading few posts on other forums decided to get white lithium grease in spray can and spray the hell out of them, and it worked, the squeaking is gone.. I guess by spraying the grease it into places as it soaked up.. but so far, so good, I am not sure how long it would last, I hope long time, as people had no problems for 6 months after they sprayed theirs.. so will see.. i hope this helps..
Old 01-30-07, 04:57 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlomonosov
yes. me and my mech used the grease that came with Dazien bushings but maybe we did not put a lot or while putting the bushings in the control arms, not enough grease got inside, so after few months, they started to squeak, so after reading few posts on other forums decided to get white lithium grease in spray can and spray the hell out of them, and it worked, the squeaking is gone.. I guess by spraying the grease it into places as it soaked up.. but so far, so good, I am not sure how long it would last, I hope long time, as people had no problems for 6 months after they sprayed theirs.. so will see.. i hope this helps..
Did you un-install the bushings and re-grease them? Or did you simply spray the bushings and control arms with th lithium grease while they were still attached to the car?

Thanks,
Fernando
Old 01-30-07, 06:24 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

no.. i just sprayed the hell out of them by just jacking the car up..
Old 01-30-07, 06:51 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
Fernando
Old 01-30-07, 02:20 PM
luciano
Pole Position

Hmmm, have you tried them in DRY weather? when driving in the rain, the squeek goes away anyway.

I have a slight update of my own, ever since it turned -10c and lower here in Toronto my bushings have stopped squeeking... Im not sure what happened but I have not heard a squeek in almost a month without adding any lube.

They also got noticebly tighter.. maybe the material stiffened up

Ok guys.. Problem with Daizen control arm bushings I think is fixed!!!

After reading few forums, I went to Autozone and got White Lithium Grease in the spray can that comes with a little straw.. Me and my mech sprayed the hell out of those bushings with almost the whole can last night. Today in the morning it was 47 degrees and raining, nasty! And my bushings did not squeak when I was going over same bumps and dips I usually go over going to work! Usually they would squeak like hell espacially if it is cold like today. Usually they would squeak a little in 80-90 degree weather, but if it goes down below 70 they would squeak more. So in todays weather they should have squeaked pretty bad, but they did not! Everyone please try this! I don't know if this is temporary for now, since it has only been one day, but I have a good feeling about it. I will spray more tonight when I change my ATF, change HID bulbs, and try to fix my god damn steering problem that is driving me insane since the car was purchased, thats another story. I will post this in other threads related..

-Dennis
Old 02-08-07, 02:37 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Update on my squeeky sway bars. My car has been squeeking more and more every day and the last few days it has been real bad. So, today I took everything apart and my bushings had zero grease on them and the paint on the bars was getting warn. So, I greased them up real good and it is now squeek free. If any of you have the squeek, I would suggest this.
Old 04-07-07, 11:32 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

no.. i just sprayed the hell out of them by just jacking the car up..
Hey,

Has your squeaking come back or is it still gone? Also - when you sparyed your bushings did you push the little red staw into them from th edge or just squirt the bushings head on?

One more thing! Did you squirt all of your Daizen bushings? I didn't install them myself - so can I get to all the bushings by just jacking up the car, or do you need to take stuff off to get to all the bushings?

And how are you liking your Tein CS v2's?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-07, 07:51 AM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

I love the Teins. They are great. But the steering sucks. And there is nothing to be done to get this steering precise like the BMW or even MB. Yes I sprayed the grease with a straw and you can get to all of them and spray alot of it on all the bushings, I used almost the whole can and sqeaking did not come back yet.. good luck

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Hey,

Has your squeaking come back or is it still gone? Also - when you sparyed your bushings did you push the little red staw into them from th edge or just squirt the bushings head on?

One more thing! Did you squirt all of your Daizen bushings? I didn't install them myself - so can I get to all the bushings by just jacking up the car, or do you need to take stuff off to get to all the bushings?

And how are you liking your Tein CS v2's?

Thanks!
Old 04-08-07, 09:26 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

I love the Teins. They are great. But the steering sucks. And there is nothing to be done to get this steering precise like the BMW or even MB. Yes I sprayed the grease with a straw and you can get to all of them and spray alot of it on all the bushings, I used almost the whole can and sqeaking did not come back yet.. good luck
Thanks for the info! I need to spray my bushings - they are speaking and it's dring me nuts. Any certain brand of White Lithium Grease? Or any will do?

What is it that you love about the Teins? Please list!

On the Teins - is the steering any different than with the stock mounts? Or are you saying the steering just sucks on the GS in general and no reflection on the Teins?

Also - how are the teins comparted to say stock or just doing the Bilstein HD shocks with the stock springs?

Last edited by Scott1258; 04-08-07 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-21-07, 12:40 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

bump for updates. i have the bushings sitting in a box here and i don't know whether i should do it or not
Old 08-21-07, 02:08 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Ben,
If I had to do it again, I would not. Too much work for the mech, pricy and the ride is bumpy after that. I am selling my GS now, so today I took out my Tein CS and put origionals back, the ride is a bit boaty like it was before I put Tein CS and Daizen bushing at the same time. So the big Daizen caster bushings make the car more firm and front end more stable but then it is bumpy. So now the stock GS is bumpy, stiff on the front when I hit a bump or crack on the road and at the same time a bit boaty. Thats my experience..
Old 08-21-07, 05:27 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
bump for updates. i have the bushings sitting in a box here and i don't know whether i should do it or not
I just got my sway bar bushings Today... Does the grease that comes with the bushings work? Seems like there have been alot of issues with squeaks...
Old 08-21-07, 05:33 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
Most of the comments here are about multiple issues with polyurethane bushings. Temperature and climate in general can make things unpleasant with straight lubricated polyurethane which is the reason why some people use polyurethane impregnated with lubricant such as polygraphite. Moisture and heat (either weather or friction generated) can be a problem for lubricants causing them to thin and run out. Temperature can cause small changes in the poly dimensions that can either cause or eliminate squeaks. Plastic dashboards in many cars often undergo the opposite reaction, squeaky in the winter when the plastic gets hard and contracts and quiet in the summer when the plastic expands and is softer.

You need to ask yourself if the handling improvement you may or may not feel is worth the aggravation of the squeaking or the need, and hassle, for the occasional lubrication. I don't think you will ever see an OEM using poly bushings whether it be Lexus or BMW and you can read into that what you will but an OEM is not going to make the squeaking handling tradeoff for a product with a warranty that they stand behind. There are other ways to engineer compliance in bushings for the street but it requires some smarts and volume manufacturing to be cost effective. So the aftermarket peddles polyurethane bushings because they can cost effectively make them in lower volumes and the advertising claims for the handling with the hard bushings are real, they just don't bother to mention the squeaking, maintenance, and wear. That is why the TRD sways, whether blue or Sportivo, come with the correct size rubber bushings and not machined poly. If you are going to put zerk fittings in to lubricate, you might as well have somebody machine a set from bronze bushing material and get something that is a lot more temperature stable and longer wearing. Oh, and the one comment about welding the brackets in should be taken with a grain of salt unless you have convinced yourself that all maintenance that might be requried on the suspension can be accomplished by just letting the bar hang and not require removal in which case welded brackets are so not fun to have.
Old 08-21-07, 06:10 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

tmf,
I had the sway bar Daizen bushings put in and I did feel better cornering response, but control arm bushings tightened up the front end a bit, but ride became harsh and bumpy as I explained earlier in the thread.

Guys my bushings started to squeak after 3 months, so what I did is I sprayed the whole can of lithium grease in the can on and and in them and it never came back, so if you are dying to replace the control arm bushings you need to do this!!

For some reason the grease provided by Daizen did not work longer then 3 months, maybe it was my mechs fault. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings Squeek.