Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

After Reading Racing Aristo's Review On Tein HA...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-01, 08:50 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After Reading Racing Aristo's Review On Tein HA...

like i wasn't set on it enough before!!!

no i am so sure im going to get it adn want it its not even funny!!!!! i am going to first start by lowering it 1.5" and have it on 1 - 0 setting when i first get it so my mom doesn't think the ride is too harsh, since we have the stock 16's im sure it will be just fine, then when the winter comes i will change it to stock height at 3 - 3 setting, stiffer yes but there is less chance of bottoming out on things and also you want more road grip since the tires are gripping less, maybe even 5 - 5 depending on the feel, then the next year since my mom will be used to 3 - 3 or 5 - 5 i will leave it at that or even raise it one and lower it from 1.5" lower to 1.7" lower in the front and 1.5" lower in the rear so that the majority of the wheel gap is gone. Next winter same as first winter, and then finally when spring comes again it will be time for me to own this car i will se it on 14 - 14 and lower it to 2.2" lower in the front and 2" lower in the rear. Call me crazy but im still young
Old 10-21-01, 08:53 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: After Reading Racing Aristo's Review On Tein HA...

Originally posted by LexusRules
like i wasn't set on it enough before!!!

no i am so sure im going to get it adn want it its not even funny!!!!! i am going to first start by lowering it 1.5" and have it on 1 - 0 setting when i first get it so my mom doesn't think the ride is too harsh, since we have the stock 16's im sure it will be just fine, then when the winter comes i will change it to stock height at 3 - 3 setting, stiffer yes but there is less chance of bottoming out on things and also you want more road grip since the tires are gripping less, maybe even 5 - 5 depending on the feel, then the next year since my mom will be used to 3 - 3 or 5 - 5 i will leave it at that or even raise it one and lower it from 1.5" lower to 1.7" lower in the front and 1.5" lower in the rear so that the majority of the wheel gap is gone. Next winter same as first winter, and then finally when spring comes again it will be time for me to own this car i will se it on 14 - 14 and lower it to 2.2" lower in the front and 2" lower in the rear. Call me crazy but im still young
hahaha

one advice:

no moms like coilovers.
Old 10-21-01, 09:26 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is raising/lowering going to effect grip?
Old 10-22-01, 04:43 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

globe - no moms like GReddy exhauts, i think i can get this one by

CSHFLW - i think if i stiffen the suspension there will be more balence of weight distrabution equally to the inside and outide so that the inside tires will grip better not letting the car slip into a drift or spin
Old 10-22-01, 08:26 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Your suspension wont effect weight balance......
Old 10-22-01, 09:51 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sasha, you know that when you lower the car, your camber and stuff changes (I don't know all the translation from dutch to english so I call it stuff). You will need to get the camber and stuff checked out and corrected after you change the ride height every time to get the optimal grip.
Old 10-22-01, 10:18 AM
RacingAristo

As long as you set 4 front, 0 back, your mom wouldn't notice. Right now I'm on 8 levels back at front, 10 levels back at rear. The ride is perfect IMO. By the way, that's the recommended setting for JSZ161 from TEIN Japan. I luv their customer service.
Old 10-22-01, 11:10 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Everytime you adjust the height you need to get an alinement.....plus I have 20's and lowered 1" and there is TONS of room left......and with stock wheels tires you must have a huge gap to fill...