Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein SS Vs. Tein CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-06, 09:01 AM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dejacky
Bilstein coilovers (using Hypercoil springs) FTW ....and yes there is a guy that makes a penske style Bilstein coilover for the supras and sc300s .
Do you have any contact info?
Old 11-27-06, 09:09 AM
Okcomputer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like my tein cs. They are very nice if you are looking for a near factory ride with less body roll, but they are not as adjustable as i would like. They are also a little bit too soft for me. Good coil over, I just picked out the wrong one for my liking. On the other hand, i would reccomend Tein still as my tein HE's were very nice
Old 12-18-06, 02:04 AM
sdsupra
Driver

if you don't like your tein cs coilovers would you be willing to sell?
Old 12-19-06, 06:14 PM
sc300tim5
Rookie

Originally Posted by sdsupra
if you don't like your tein cs coilovers would you be willing to sell?

id like to know also?
Old 12-20-06, 08:55 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Tein Flex, and EDFC, and love them...They are comfortable, adjustable and adjust dampening on the fly.... They are not bouncy at all, and the only time they are painful is when driving over extremely bumpy roads, or bad dirt roads...But, I noticed this problem as soon as I changed from the stock wheels to 18's and low profile tires, which have a whole lot to do with ride comfort as well...

I am quite surprised about the Tein bashing on this thread....

In my book, Tein is excellent....

Ryan
Old 12-21-06, 11:52 PM
Jarrett H
Rookie

Tein does make excellent suspension. I have HKS hipermax coilovers and i really liked the tein better. More money doesn't mean a better product. Flex system is nasty because u can adjust the height without moving the spring ftw.
Old 12-27-06, 07:07 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by Okcomputer
I dont like my tein cs. They are very nice if you are looking for a near factory ride with less body roll, but they are not as adjustable as i would like. They are also a little bit too soft for me. Good coil over, I just picked out the wrong one for my liking. On the other hand, i would reccomend Tein still as my tein HE's were very nice
Do you have the newer Tein CS (black colored with micro-speed valving and steel body) or the older Tein CS (gold colored, needle valving with aluminum body)?
Old 12-27-06, 07:38 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCoupe
I really don't understand your broad brush Tein bash and don't think its a common assessment. Tein is very popular in this forum and by far and away on SupraForums. I understood them to have a great street and track reputation. "Bouncy" ?
To be truley honest, and kinda broad, Lexus owners usually do not know wut good coilovers are. I'm not bashing on lexus owners, it's just our cars were not meant to handle competitively. People buy teins because they are a VERY cheap coilover system. When it comes to street use, teins will do fine for awhile, but when it comes to true performance, tein cannot compete. I'm not looking for arguments or anything, i know some people on this forum that knows alot when it comes to suspension, but majority dont. So my advice, when sum1 says tein is really good, ask them wut prior experience they have when it comes to suspension.
Old 12-27-06, 07:43 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I know Tein came out eith a newer version of the CS. My question is, how much of a drop did the CS provide? I'm looking for around 1.5"
Old 12-27-06, 11:23 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
To be truley honest, and kinda broad, Lexus owners usually do not know wut good coilovers are. I'm not bashing on lexus owners, it's just our cars were not meant to handle competitively. People buy teins because they are a VERY cheap coilover system. When it comes to street use, teins will do fine for awhile, but when it comes to true performance, tein cannot compete. I'm not looking for arguments or anything, i know some people on this forum that knows alot when it comes to suspension, but majority dont. So my advice, when sum1 says tein is really good, ask them wut prior experience they have when it comes to suspension.
That's going to hurt some ego's...

Yet... I agree with you on the fact that when someone purchases a Lexus they are looking for a quiet, soft, and hushed ride. Hearing everyone talk about what is the "best" coilovers for the SC is so very vague, when what they are really referring to is "what can I get that mimics my stock ride quality and doesn't empty my wallet"

To me that doesn't describe "best"... Its simply settling for less.

Ask members of RX7 Club what are the best coilovers, and you will find people that buy them to use on track cars...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is quality.
Old 05-17-07, 07:48 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Bump- I would like to see some more input from people who have these before I put money down on a CS/SS set.
Old 05-17-07, 08:46 PM
T-Time24
Pole Position

Im running a set of Tein SS's and there alil too soft for my liking but thats just me....im use to stiff suspension since 2 of my friends have Rx7s and alot more have supras.

if your looking for a nice drop and still have a failry nice ride comfort SS's are good for the money.
Old 05-18-07, 02:16 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

I was sold on Tein before I found out about these

www.poweredbymax.net

http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_plu...oduct=10&cat=1

Made in Japan

10 way adjustable
Front and rear pillow ball mounts
Custom spring rate option
Great value for the cost
Old 05-18-07, 06:54 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

check out my thread with pictures on my Tein CS install (newer black style).

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274250
Old 05-19-07, 12:50 AM
jimmyXthai
Lead Lap

i have tien cs the gold ones, they are perfect for daily driving, i dont understand why people dont like em, they are great