Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein SS Vs. Tein CS

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-06, 10:14 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Tein SS Vs. Tein CS

thinking about getting coilovers soon, but dont know which one to get, i want ok ride comfort, good hadling, not bouncy, and good ride height adj. i know the CS's ride soft, but how well do they handle compred to stock? i know the SS are a little harsh but they handle great. any adviece from people who have them on their ride?
Old 11-23-06, 10:30 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CS probably handle a lot better than the SS. Even at the hardest setting on the SS you will still get a good amount of body roll and the SS feel a little bouncy and squishy.

If you have the money for the CS get them. You won't regret it.
Old 11-23-06, 11:08 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

If u want a suspension that isnt bouncy, do not buy tein. Tein is a cheap coilover system. NB if on a budget, but everything that you want in a coilover, tein wont have. Save up for a better system like zeal, HKS, possibly the blitz.
Old 11-23-06, 11:47 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Tein CS 1200-1450
great ride comfort
handles well
bouncy? yea probably
good ride height adjustability? NOPE
handle compared to stock? of course handles better and rides softer than stock.

Tein SS - 800-1100
it's basically below the CS' performance in every field you wanted to know about but has better ride height adjustability, a little stiffer and little less bouncier.

I personally went for the Tein CS because I love comfort (nothing is more important to me, yes even handling...yes I drive slow ) but I sold it for air.
Old 11-24-06, 06:58 AM
Tony95sc4
Banned scammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Tein CS 1200-1450

I personally went for the Tein CS because I love comfort (nothing is more important to me, yes even handling...yes I drive slow ) but I sold it for air.
doesnt air suspension make the ride quality horrible. i had air shocks on my other car and when it was slammed it looked sick. But i hated driving it,was so bouncy and uncomfortable.
Old 11-24-06, 11:04 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Bilstein coilovers (using Hypercoil springs) FTW ....and yes there is a guy that makes a penske style Bilstein coilover for the supras and sc300s .
Old 11-24-06, 12:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

if the teins are so bad why is everyone running them?
Old 11-24-06, 01:06 PM
eHIGH
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
if the teins are so bad why is everyone running them?
Kinda wondering the same thing. I want Coilovers with a controller like the edfc. Daily driver, occasionaly track use
Old 11-24-06, 01:17 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony95sc4
doesnt air suspension make the ride quality horrible. i had air shocks on my other car and when it was slammed it looked sick. But i hated driving it,was so bouncy and uncomfortable.
They don't make em like they used to. Everything is always being improved, and air suspension is one of them.
Old 11-25-06, 08:45 PM
skjohnson
Rookie

what do you guys think of eibach?

my cousin says that tein are the best...but now that i got to read bout this stuff...im starting to hear some negative stuff bout them...
Old 11-26-06, 08:57 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

I cant speak for Eibach in Lexus terms but the company is SUPER solid and their springs are top level aftermarket goods. I've used 3 sets (albeit on a Z24) in my life and each was EXACTLY what they were supposed to be in every category. I personally loved them wrapped on Koni Reds and Yellows. But there again, I'm talking Z24 setups and not SC (I own a SC400 now).
Old 11-26-06, 09:42 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sly Guy Yu
If u want a suspension that isnt bouncy, do not buy tein. Tein is a cheap coilover system. NB if on a budget, but everything that you want in a coilover, tein wont have. Save up for a better system like zeal, HKS, possibly the blitz.
I really don't understand your broad brush Tein bash and don't think its a common assessment. Tein is very popular in this forum and by far and away on SupraForums. I understood them to have a great street and track reputation. "Bouncy" ?
Old 11-27-06, 12:44 AM
poser714
Pole Position

I have the CS's and they are fine. not too hard and not too soft. the car handles great and still is comfortable. Ive gotten nothing but complaments from passengers in my car.
Old 11-27-06, 03:14 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by poser714
I have the CS's and they are fine. not too hard and not too soft. the car handles great and still is comfortable. Ive gotten nothing but complaments from passengers in my car.
At what speeds on the streets and what dampening setting do you notice your tein CS suspension is floaty?
Old 11-27-06, 06:54 AM
poser714
Pole Position

i dont remember the exact settings and i havent changed them since the first week or two after the install. but i think the CS's are something like 16-24 way adjustable i dont remember. but i am somewhere around 3/4 to the hardest setting. the front is set a little stiffer than the rears. FYI im from nyc and the streets really stink around here especially in the city but even with the CS's im able to drive around comfortable in the city without having to bounce around and avoid every bump in the road and i hardly ever bottom out if anyones wondering.

Quick Reply: Tein SS Vs. Tein CS