Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC 400/300 pics on lowered springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 04:51 PM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more for you skeptics....Eibach's 2 INCH DROP.....Measured and confirmed after installation...
Attached Thumbnails SC 400/300 pics on lowered springs-picture-183.jpg  
Old 12-08-06, 05:14 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 324 Likes on 235 Posts

yeah jibbby's drop looks similar to mine, which is an Espelir setup for the SC300/400, a confirmed 2" drop after the springs settle down.

Immediately after install, no time for them to settle:

Springs settled here after about 2 months:
Old 12-08-06, 05:46 PM
jibbby

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
you guys should post ride height, measurement from ground to top of fenderwell

mine, tein s-techs (1.1" drop for supra) and supra tt struts, with very close to stock diameter tires, is 25" front, 25.25" rear
That wouldn't prove much, because rim and low profile tires change ride height...I am running 18"/10.5 rims on low profile tires...So if someone was running 20" rims with same low profile tires the car would ride one inch higher approx...Each SC is probably different because of different size rims and tires...

However, if you look at the cars bottom door lines and compare the height of the lines with the center hub of the wheels you can get a good idea just how low the car rides...Check out the bottom door lines and where they would hit the rim if they kept going...That is probably your best indicator..

PS. NYLexSC - I like your exhaust mufflers...Looks good.. Also Kratos - Your SC looks good to go..Very nice looking thru and thru...

Last edited by jibbby; 12-08-06 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-08-06, 07:16 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

My old car dropped on Espelir's. Not the best pic but oh well...

Clearance between the ground and the factory lip was about 90mm.
Attached Thumbnails SC 400/300 pics on lowered springs-reepa2.jpg  
Old 12-08-06, 09:25 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just waiting for OLT to get involved with this "searchable" thread
Old 12-09-06, 12:29 AM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

here's an oldie. Supra Eibach with Tokico Illumina = ~2" drop
Attached Thumbnails SC 400/300 pics on lowered springs-cimg175f5.jpg  
Old 12-09-06, 05:08 AM
Tony95sc4
Banned scammer

Originally Posted by jibbby
Yes the EIbach springs I used were ordered for the Supra...2" drop and is what I measered from before and after.....My experience is legit I assure you..The 1.5 drop that Eibach claims ends up being a true 2" drop....Forgot about that little detail. Exact same fit....I've been running on my Supra blue Eibach springs for over 2 years now, I should know...

Infact my car rides so low that I had to remove the backing and framing on the front spoiler so it flex's effortlessly and does not get permently damaged when going up driveways ect...
im also going w/ the supra tt struts/eibach pro combo. jus waiting for them to arrive. jibby did you need to shave your fenders? or camber kit? my wheels/tires are 19x8.5 245/35/19 +35 19x9.5 275/30/19 +38. i think imma need a fender roll. wut do you think?
Old 12-09-06, 10:34 AM
jibbby

Originally Posted by Tony95sc4
im also going w/ the supra tt struts/eibach pro combo. jus waiting for them to arrive. jibby did you need to shave your fenders? or camber kit? my wheels/tires are 19x8.5 245/35/19 +35 19x9.5 275/30/19 +38. i think imma need a fender roll. wut do you think?
No I did not need to make any alterations to fit my Eibachs lowering springs and Tokico shocks...I still want to roll the fender lips and ad 1/4 inch rear wheel spacers when I find the time...I need to install the longer wheel studs first, which I have but have been too lazy to get around too......When I first installed the Eibach springs I just barely squeezed these 10.5 rims and tires in the rear wells...If they were 11's I would of had to roll the fender lips for sure....No scraping or bottoming out going out...Just a little tire rub at full turn, just a hair...

The only mod I had to do was remove the metal framing that supports the front plastic lip spoiler...It now flex's effortlessly when scrapping the ground on driveways, and still looks great..Without the removal of the metal framing that spoiler will get trashed and shreaded within a months time.....That was the only mod I had too do...It's been 3 years now since that Eibach spring install maybe longer, the car handles on rails, suspension clearance is reduced which stinks but is doable...The ride is tight and responsive...I am happy for now...I have some dampening going on and experience no wheel hop what so ever when launching and spinning...However when I first installed all of this I was experiencing major wheel hop, stiffness of ride big time, felt every bump, etc..but after 3-6 months of constant driving everything softened up considerably or wore out...Now I am happy until I find a steal on the Tein Flex Coilovers...Most people dump the Eibachs and Tokico's before they are given a chance to break in, that is why they get such poor rating....Just my take and experience on it all....End of story
Old 12-09-06, 12:00 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Eibach's for the SC400 will drop the car 2", will be very stiff ride for the first six months then start to soften up...You will get wheel hop if you are sporting big power but that will go away in or around six months as well.... That is what happen to my ride...
No they dont. In my opinion Eibachs are a complete waste of money if you are trying to get a low drop for your SC. The spring rate is lousy. Every time I hear about people wanting to slam their SCs with Eibachs it makes me want to scream. I dont recomend Tanabe's either. I mean Eibach and Tanabe are both good companies but if you are looking to get some handling performance out of your drop then the best choice of lowering spring would be the Espelir ASD.

Ive been using those for about 2 years now and I love them. I just recently bought some 18" staggered dishes and now my SC handles like a champ. Now I just have to replace my shocks that have been blown for like the longest time. The Espelirs give you a great drop and they give your SC a really nice handle. You should try them out sometime. Best bang for your buck!
Old 12-09-06, 12:03 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony95sc4
Yes you will have to roll your fenders and no there is no need for a camber kit.
Old 12-09-06, 12:48 PM
jibbby

JspecSC2, Yes you are correct the spring rate is lousy but I would imagine that being the same with every lowering spring regardless of brand..But every thing else I disagree with you...The Eibach's are fine until you can afford coilovers...I have been running mine for three years and they aren't that bad at all once they break in...

The first six months of riding is hell but after that it get's much better...How long did you ride on your new Eibach's for?
Old 12-28-06, 07:14 AM
sliva001
Lead Lap

Anybody using vogtland springs?
Old 12-28-06, 07:53 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

That wouldn't prove much, because rim and low profile tires change ride height...I am running 18"/10.5 rims on low profile tires...So if someone was running 20" rims with same low profile tires the car would ride one inch higher approx...Each SC is probably different because of different size rims and tires...

However, if you look at the cars bottom door lines and compare the height of the lines with the center hub of the wheels you can get a good idea just how low the car rides...Check out the bottom door lines and where they would hit the rim if they kept going...That is probably your best indicator..

PS. NYLexSC - I like your exhaust mufflers...Looks good.. Also Kratos - Your SC looks good to go..Very nice looking thru and thru...
It proves how low the car really is, and is a good place to measure... Most of us should be running close to stock tire height, 25.25 to 25.75" tall tires (even with 20" wheels, this should be the case)

there are tons of tire sizes within stock specs, everywhere from 225/55-16 stock to 275/30-19, 245/30-20, 275/35-18, 275/40-17, 245/45-17, 245/40-18 are all very close to stock, and then there are variations...
Old 12-28-06, 09:02 AM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

i've heard teins are the best brand...

coilovers are better then springs, correct?

Tein Basic - 640.00$
Tein Super Street - 847.00$
Tein CS - 1347$
Tein RA - 1519.00$

which is the best bang for your buck and which is compatible with the EDFC Controller

sorry for thread jack, thanks in advance for any replies
Old 12-28-06, 10:50 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
which is the best bang for your buck and which is compatible with the EDFC Controller
Teins SS

Or Teins Basics if you just want height adjustment.

Quick Reply: SC 400/300 pics on lowered springs