Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hyper Red Bulbs for Trunk Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01, 07:43 AM
VistaIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hyper Red Bulbs for Trunk Brake Lights

I cannot seem to find these anywhere. I have the clear trunk brake lights and the bulbs that came with them are very pink. Is there a replacement that is more red and will stay red. I really like the look of the clears but I really don't like the PINK!
If anyone knows where I can find these please post a link or phone number along with Bulb Specs like size and so on.

Thanks in Advance...
Old 10-30-01, 09:43 AM
TK288
Driver School Candidate

One cheap way to get around it is to go to your local hobby shop and get some transparent red or light red paint and paint your bulb.....hope this helps...
Old 10-30-01, 02:35 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

ive tried "cherrying" and it does work..matches the color perfectly! then it starts fading after a month...maybe i should of used two coats...but then i found this site...
http://store.yahoo.com/dpstore/dp-lb20220.html
perfect size led's...thank auralxtc...bought mines already
Old 10-30-01, 08:57 PM
VistaIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by LexyISherName
ive tried "cherrying" and it does work..matches the color perfectly! then it starts fading after a month...maybe i should of used two coats...but then i found this site...
http://store.yahoo.com/dpstore/dp-lb20220.html
perfect size led's...thank auralxtc...bought mines already
Which bulbs fit? The 7440 or the 7443? I don't want to get the wrong ones so let me know asap so I can get them ordered... Thanks for the link and the info LexyISherName!!!!
Old 10-30-01, 11:31 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

7443...its in your owners manual
Old 11-01-01, 12:34 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Default red led's

ack posted in the wrong place..ignore this
Old 11-05-01, 05:29 PM
VistaIS300
Driver School Candidate

Hey LexyISherName I purchased the 7443's and installed them. Looks good when I hit the brakes but they don't light up with the headlights... Do yours??? I thought they were dual filament like the stock ones. Let me know if yours do this or if mine are just FOCKED UP! Also the brake light symbol on the dash is illuminated. I guess that is just due to the LED's having more resistance... let me know about the lights being on with the headlights or not...

Thanks
Old 11-05-01, 06:30 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

no, the dash is lit up becuz your LEDS are wrong..
i had LEDs before in another car, and u need 2 filaments.
one for on, and one for brake..
otherwise , you better take them out before you short circut the cars electrical system!!!!
personally, i think you should stick with a color coated bulb, and cherry it for more red. DONt use LEDS..work with the bulbs that are suppose to go there..(same type of bulbs)
Old 11-05-01, 10:34 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

sorry about that...mine have not arrived yet because my card bounced and i had to use another one so it will take longer...really? i did not know this and the guy that gave me this info said it works fine on his car if i remember right..hmm i still gotta try them out anyways i dont feel like re-cherrying my bulbs every month or so...damn i thought these were going to be perfect
Old 11-05-01, 10:42 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where'd you get the clear lenses? Do you have the clear lenses for the brake/driving/reverse lights as well?
Old 11-06-01, 07:43 AM
VistaIS300
Driver School Candidate

I just emailed the Direct Part about the bulbs and am awaiting an answer about why the bulbs do not work like a dual filament. He said they should come on with the regular lights and get 40% brighter when the brakes are depressed... if that is the case they do not work.

dpatterson069
I know I purchased the right LED's because as LexyISherName said it is in your owners manual. The bulbs are supposed to function like a dual filament but are not working correctly. As for the dash indicator the LED's create more resistance than the stock bulbs which makes the cpu think the bulb is burnt out. You can bypass the bulb with a resistor to make the cpu think the bulb is fine, you would just have to match the resistance of a good bulb.

0260n5.7
I got my clear lenses from Ebay and they are the trunk brake lights. "brake/driving/reverse lights" I'm not sure what your talking about since our lights are clear from the factory.

Bottom line is if this does not work I guess "cherrying" is our only other option. I talked to a guy at a performance shop and he said he cherries his bulbs once a month. That seems like an awful lot of work. There has got to be an easier way!!!
Old 11-06-01, 01:36 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

well i just got mines and it is the exact same thing these are not dual filament it just says filament. well i emailed them and asked if they have the 7443 dual filament led's. you know in daytime driving, it would be the same thing but at nitetime you wont see the two inner circles until you brake. plus that annoying engine light...hmm...
Old 11-06-01, 02:16 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

well i found two more sites that says they have DUAL filament 7443 led bulbs and says they are new(they are also from APC)..

http://www.nextcollection.com/html/O...-4660-none.cfm

http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Light...60-1-1-1-1.cfm

but these are almost $18 each! anyone wanna do the honors and test em' out?
Old 11-06-01, 02:21 PM
LexyISherName
Driver School Candidate

ok i think they are the same...they have the same part number as the current led bulbs i have which are single filament...hmm
Old 11-06-01, 04:38 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

yeah basically the burnt out bulb signal is caused by the low resistance of the led bulbs. but i dont understand what u guys are saying about it being single fillament. i got a set a few days ago from them, and it was dual fillament. but i used it for my turn signals (i have a gs300). but yeah it was dual fillament. it has 4 metal pieces on the part that plugs in. two are for low wattage, and the other two or for higher wattage. if its not working for you guys, im assuming the metal pieces just arent lining up properly...something to do with the socket size. but i ordered another set today for my break lights and ill try it out for myself.

i called up dpstore, and told the guy about the incident you guys are having..he said alot of people did call in about the led's and lexus's (im assuming its all of us from clublexus). he said its fixable. just need a different resister and to to make some adjustments with the socket. he said i could email the tech crew and they will come out with a step by step fix for us..but yeah since vistal already emailed them ill just wait to see what they say..dont wanna comsume there time with double emails..

vistal let us know what happens..and ill let you guys know what happens with my break light led install (should install em by thursday).

hopefully all works out.

Quick Reply: Hyper Red Bulbs for Trunk Brake Lights