Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

would you reccomend KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-06, 07:35 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would you reccomend KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

I'm tryin to find a christmas present for myself from my parents lol. but it would be my first mod for my sc400. found them here. http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...061&SearchYN=N
would they lower my car at all, or improve my cornering? i would like to lower the car some but performance comes first. would this be a good first mod? i suck at search so please just help me. what would you say is the best thing to start with and where could i find it?
thanks
Old 12-17-06, 10:13 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New shocks always help handling, braking, and ride quality. A very necessary repair. They will not however change your ride height.

You can get that done at the ride height changement shop. Right next to the making your car go faster shop.
Old 12-17-06, 11:13 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You would only be able to fit the AGX's on the front. You would need supra springs to put them on the rear.
Old 12-18-06, 06:27 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

haha thanks, where could i find supra springs and are they cheap. i looked on supraforums and couldnt find any. this could be the stupidest question ever put do i need two, just for the back, or do i need all four springs?
thanks
Old 12-19-06, 08:42 AM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

the same place you found the shocks. That link is misleading by the way. even though it says its for the sc300/sc400 its actually the part number for a supra tt. So just look in the suspension section for supra tt. Might as get springs when you get the shocks. You could research over at supraforums to see what springs they recomend.
Old 12-29-06, 12:22 AM
erollinc
Driver

they are good struts but honestly having been there done that... ill keep buying full coilovers as long as i live ... by the time your done buying springs and agxs your spending what you can get a set of used coilovers for .... i had bout agxs new for my 240 with some springs i sold em to buy a used set of tein HR coilovers and it was the best move i ever made.... just my 2 cents save for coilovers... you wont regret it
Old 12-29-06, 12:23 AM
erollinc
Driver

but out of em all i would suggest a koni yellow setup if ur choosing strut spring combo... ( if they even make em for a supra) pops has them on his STI and they are very nice... adjustable damper too.... but the agxs are second
Old 12-29-06, 12:22 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by erollinc
they are good struts but honestly having been there done that... ill keep buying full coilovers as long as i live ... by the time your done buying springs and agxs your spending what you can get a set of used coilovers for .... i had bout agxs new for my 240 with some springs i sold em to buy a used set of tein HR coilovers and it was the best move i ever made.... just my 2 cents save for coilovers... you wont regret it
whats a good deal on used c/o's? $ wise, which models are good for city/urban driving, I'm in LA, alot of bad roads, and pot holes.

I have eibach and tokiko blues, not loving the ride, little rough, will c/o's be worse?