Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC300 Cross Floor stabilizing Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-06, 05:50 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
A bunch of bars that marginally do nothing but add more weight to an already heavy car
im not sure why you would try to argue with his opinion on what looks good...
Old 12-22-06, 08:40 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xirforever
im not sure why you would try to argue with his opinion on what looks good...
I'm describing that his "bunch of bars" were originally for marginal chassis stability, and yet he appreciates the worthless anesthetic value of it. And sometimes on CL, your opinion is politically incorrect.
Old 12-22-06, 11:25 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

I'm describing that his "bunch of bars" were originally for marginal chassis stability, and yet he appreciates the worthless anesthetic value of it. And sometimes on CL, your opinion is politically incorrect.
I think that everyone that has ever been insterested in cars realizes that some poeple like show over functionality. Personally i dont think its right to put him down for it, maybe thats just me. He simply likes the way it looks even if it may not surve a great deal of functionality. I cant see how someone stating their opinion would be politically incorrect, if anything, respecting the opinions of others would be politically correct.

Last edited by xirforever; 12-22-06 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-23-06, 03:50 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dose any one have a pic of the back seat area of our cars (striped).

And guys can we please keep this tread on track
Old 12-26-06, 01:09 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Do-Luck does not make one of those interior crossbars for the sc300 because the sc300 doesn't need it (unlike the targa top supras).
Old 12-26-06, 01:12 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

dejacky if you going to be disrespectful feel free NOT to post on my threads.

Last edited by $C300; 12-26-06 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-26-06, 02:12 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe you guys should just leave politics out of your signatures and just discuss it at the clubhouse? They even have their own section for political debates.
Old 12-26-06, 01:18 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by $C300
dejacky if you going to be disrespectful feel free NOT to post on my threads.
How is posting "on topic" in a thread disrespectful? Anyways, an interior rear cross-bar will not noticeably help the sc300 chassis because it's design does not flex much in that region at all. You would think if the sc300 really benefitted from an internal rear cross-bar, Do-Luck would make one. Since the sc300 shell has a hard top and that internal rear region of the car is already stiff, an internal cross bar won't significantly improve chassis rigidity. Since the targa top supras do not have a hard top to help compose the shell, it has less rigidity, thus more flex. The internal crossbar in a supra can definitely stiffen the chassis up because it flexes due to open top (less reinforcement).
Proof:

Lexus SC300 Do-Luck Products (No rear cross-bar product):
http://do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=JZZ30

mkiv Supra Do-Luck Products (There is a rear cross-bar product):
http://www.do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=JZA80-1
Old 12-26-06, 01:55 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dejacky
Since the sc300 shell has a hard top and that internal rear region of the car is already stiff, an internal cross bar won't significantly improve chassis rigidity. Since the targa top supras do not have a hard top to help compose the shell, it has less rigidity, thus more flex. The internal crossbar in a supra can definitely stiffen the chassis up because it flexes due to open top (less reinforcement).
I agree with what you have to say about the floor bar probably not doing much but your logic behind your "proof" if flawed. Just because Do-Luck makes a floor bar for the mkiv supra and not the sc300 is not proof of anything. Going off what you stated above, 300zx, mr2, nsx, and mkiii supras being t tops or targas and would probably greatly benefit form a floor bar but just because Do-Luck doesn’t make one means those cars don’t benefit from it ? Proof does not lie in what a certain company produces but actual facts and data.
Old 12-26-06, 09:22 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by 5spdSC300
I agree with what you have to say about the floor bar probably not doing much but your logic behind your "proof" if flawed. Just because Do-Luck makes a floor bar for the mkiv supra and not the sc300 is not proof of anything. Going off what you stated above, 300zx, mr2, nsx, and mkiii supras being t tops or targas and would probably greatly benefit form a floor bar but just because Do-Luck doesn’t make one means those cars don’t benefit from it ? Proof does not lie in what a certain company produces but actual facts and data.
My logic is not flawed. meh, I just made a lazy semantic error using the word "proof." It's not exactly a proof, it's just evidence showing that if there was a signicant-NOTICEABLE-TO-THE-AVERAGE-JOE improvement to be made that would GREATLY benefit all sc300's, someone would have made an internal rear cross-bar by now.
Old 12-26-06, 10:24 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

A bunch of bars that marginally do nothing but add more weight to an already heavy car
dude are you serious?

go drive a car with a cage and drive one without, the difference is night and day. you have no right to talk about other people adding weight to the car, last i checked you went with a dual exhaust

oh btw i dont think having a bunch of bars is sexy because it looks good, i think its sexy because of how stiff the chassis becomes. hopefully in the next year i plan to get a 6pt cage and have the chassis stitch welded

yea i guess i was wrong that do luck made for the sc, but back in the day on this forum there was a member by the handle turbob6, he had the supra do luck cross bar on his sc, and said it helped out quite a bit
Old 12-26-06, 10:31 PM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

how are you able to criticize me on my opinion on suspension and chassis stiffening? last i checked you were running teins, everybody who actually tracks their cars knows that teins are for posers
Old 12-26-06, 10:59 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

First off, I had some work done on my quarter panel (its fine now) but I just though it might help out a bit, I really don’t see a negative side to installing a rear floor stabilizing bar.

Btw Do-Luck makes a rear ladder bar for the SC
http://intensepower.com/dolrearladba.html

And Floor support bars
http://intensepower.com/dolfloorsupb.html

Last edited by $C300; 12-27-06 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-26-06, 11:16 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
how are you able to criticize me on my opinion on suspension and chassis stiffening? last i checked you were running teins, everybody who actually tracks their cars knows that teins are for posers

LOL.....

So True.
Old 12-30-06, 12:54 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I run DoLuck Latter bars & floor support.

Cusco cage,TRD STB, Junsei CF Harness bar and a few other suspension 'things'. And a Rear strut tower...for ****s n giggles

Ive also got a stock SC that I used to drive to work and the difference is like night and day vs the 400 with suspension work.

Quick Reply: SC300 Cross Floor stabilizing Bar