Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC300 Cross Floor stabilizing Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 02:23 PM
Solarian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From looking at these 3 products, the ladder bar and floor support bar (longtitudinal, not the lateral one the original poster was talking about) are the only ones that seem to do much of anything.
The floor stabilizing bar in the first picture, seems to tie into the rocker panel, and as such not do a whole lot. It's like running a metal bar in between two sheets of paper, and hoping it'll support them.
The other two bars tie into strong mounting points and prevent relative motion of the two points, and as such are effective.
Old 12-30-06, 04:05 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

like everyone says driving in a car with a roll cage and non roll cage is like night and day but we are talking about floor supports.... not roll cages.... ok so i just got back from talking with 2 of my engineers and they stated that with the sc300 you need to support the area from teh sunroof forward. just like ueno's cage doesnt go into the trunk because it doesnt need to. the weakest parts of our cars is the width of the doors a 10 pt roll cage that goes through the dash is just what the doctor ordered if you want good rigidity.
Old 01-04-07, 10:05 PM
slo86
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, the weakest part of an sc is generally between the A AND B pillars. why? because that's where the thinest sections of an sc are. you want chassis rigidity? connect rear section of the car to the front section. 6point cage would do the trick. imo 10point is overkill, but if its a track only car

and the rear cross bar would be a waste of money. instead get a harness bar or floor support bar.

Last edited by slo86; 01-04-07 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-04-07, 10:23 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Do they even make a harness bar for the SC? or do supra ones fit?
Old 01-05-07, 05:50 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

for something a little more streetable, could you weld some oem steel plates in there like the Opera House guys did to their S2K time attack car?
Old 01-08-07, 04:20 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boostshakalaka
how are you able to criticize me on my opinion on suspension and chassis stiffening? last i checked you were running teins, everybody who actually tracks their cars knows that teins are for posers
why are teins for posers
everyone on the site has recommended them to me...

whats the best coilover then? im not doubting ur opinion just confused now is all
Old 01-08-07, 04:32 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky SC
why are teins for posers
everyone on the site has recommended them to me...

whats the best coilover then? im not doubting ur opinion just confused now is all
I would do your research on which coilover setup is best for your application. I chose the Tein CS because they were the most comfortable even at a slammed height...

I've had the Flex and they handle great but would give my passengers a bumpy ride...

Check the spring rates, etc. and see the differences between all the setups out there...
Old 01-08-07, 04:39 PM
Lucky SC
Lexus Test Driver

well im not asking for a full in depth evaluation
but ty for info acleansc4

i just simply want to know why he thinks this, cuz u say you have tein and u love it, and im lookin for exactly what you described, something with a lot of comfort but improved handling

majority of people here like tein, i jus wanna hear why he disagrees
Old 01-08-07, 06:59 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Its only ones opinion that decides whats good and whats not. just go with what you prefer.

Originally Posted by xirforever
Do they even make a harness bar for the SC? or do supra ones fit?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=seats

scroll down on the first page to the one w/ the black sparcos. if you look in the back in the 4th one dow you can just make out a sparco harness bar behind it. i asked that same question in that forum, bt no answer yet. maybe this thread can help...if you guys could stop arguing
Old 01-08-07, 11:01 PM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

luckysc: teins arent that great because they have had a huge problem with corrosion and reliability issues along with valving not being the best for circuit driving... the type of driving tein focus' their coilovers for. their springs tend to sag and the coilovers leak and sieze. in other words they work fine but for the price you can get a much better coilover that will last longer and do exactly what you want, but better.... look into d2 coilover for an example.
Old 01-09-07, 12:39 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slo86
yep, the weakest part of an sc is generally between the A AND B pillars. why? because that's where the thinest sections of an sc are. you want chassis rigidity? connect rear section of the car to the front section. 6point cage would do the trick. imo 10point is overkill, but if its a track only car

and the rear cross bar would be a waste of money. instead get a harness bar or floor support bar.

i think do luck has a bar that covers that.
Old 01-09-07, 03:09 PM
Solarian
Driver School Candidate

Don't look into d2 coilovers. There are some serious horror stories associated with those. Flimsy construction, bad valving, lousy springs... Megan or Stance is where it's at if you're on a budget.