Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone have the Tein h-tech springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-06, 01:00 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the Tein h-tech springs?

Anyone? Are you happy with the drop & ride? Please post pics if you got 'em. They don't seem to be as popular on here because of the moderate drop, I assume.

After much back and forth, I think I'm going to give the Tein h-tech a try first. They only lower it 1" front/.6" rear. I really want to lower it more in the front, but my problem is my wheels are pushed out to very flush in the back and I don't want rubbing issues there by lowering it too much. If I could even the gaps out front to back that would be ideal. The minimum drop with coilovers is slightly over 1" front and rear so that won't work for me. I actually thought about putting s-tech springs up front (1.6" drop), and h-tech springs in the rear. Tein thought it could be done, the spring rate difference from s-tech to h-tech is only 20lbs. That might give it too much of an aggresive rake, so I'd rather proceed cautiously.
Old 12-22-06, 05:46 AM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Hey i'm also looking to drop my car in the front, but just the front. If you get the H-tech and and decide you don't like it. I'll buy the front springs from you. I don't need the springs for the rear. I have my system in the back and it's drop my car about 1/2" already. I just have to do something about the front. This is what it looks like right now.....
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the Tein h-tech springs?-dsc03151.jpg  
Old 12-22-06, 06:36 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have an IS but I have the h-techs on my g35. I like them. I didn't want a big drop. Curbs and dips are not friendly on lowered cars. I'm tired of driving so careful you can't enjoy the sportiness. With the h-techs, the car looks fine and I can enjoy driving.
Old 12-22-06, 06:50 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Yeah I have them on my Accord, love em! The drop on the Accord is almost about 2 inches. But they are NOT installed on stock shocks either.