Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

before and after shots eibach pro kit install

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 07:31 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you take a picture from the back so I can see the camber. Lowering kits bother me sometimes becasue of camber issues (I hate the look of tilted tires). Is there camber kits available for the IS when lowered???
Old 12-27-06, 07:38 PM
gassman
Pole Position

you da man, "drop it likes its.....like it should be"
Old 12-27-06, 10:24 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony59blue
Looks good, but like you said either drop it more on the front or put your factory springs on the rear. It would be great if you could have gotten the 1.6 in the front. Who installed your springs and how much did they charge you?
A place called "low inc" here in arlington. It cost 150.00 Jotech in dallas wanted 350.00

also I didn't need a re-alignment after it was done. alignment was perfect.
Old 12-27-06, 10:27 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Belmont
Do you still have a reasonable amount of clearance?

How is it going over speed bumps and the like?
so far it's been great. goes over speed bumps just fine. I drove it around a lot today and love how it firmed up the ride. Feels real freaking sporty now, but not all like bouncy like a go cart. Perfect feeling spring. tight, but not too tight.
Old 12-27-06, 10:30 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Congratulations Troy! Your springs will settle a bit, so wait on passing judgement for at least a couple of weeks. Car looks great!

Javier
Thanks Javier. You were the reason why I got them. That day at the strip, looking at yours next to mine i was like "jesus i got to get the kit".

intake should be here this next week!

Then it's exhaust time. I am going to wait for the borla. I also wish we could have a good size texas meet so i can hear some other exhaust. I love the way your tanabe sounded and love the tips.
Old 12-27-06, 10:31 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Can you take a picture from the back so I can see the camber. Lowering kits bother me sometimes becasue of camber issues (I hate the look of tilted tires). Is there camber kits available for the IS when lowered???
I will try to do it tomorrow at lunch at work. I'll post them up for you later that night. I am not sure if i have any before pics from the rear though.
Old 12-27-06, 10:47 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Belmont
Do you still have a reasonable amount of clearance?

How is it going over speed bumps and the like?
I have the same kit and the drop is conservative compared to coilcovers. I've gone over speed bumps, steep driveways, and dips with no scraping. As everyone has been saying, you must attack steep driveways on an angle.
Old 12-27-06, 11:02 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
Actually, it will look even after a couple of weeks. I've had the same kit for months now and the front is not higher than the rear.

+1

you have to drive it awhile and let the springs loosen in the front since most the weight in there will bring it down over time
Old 12-27-06, 11:03 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

question... does it butterfly at all? the wheels? does it still look even with the floor? even wear on the tires?
Old 12-27-06, 11:08 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racinghart
question... does it butterfly at all? the wheels? does it still look even with the floor? even wear on the tires?
With the Eibach pro Kit, it looks even, they don't look slanted. As long as toe is adjusted back, there shouldn't be any premature tire wear.
Old 12-28-06, 12:24 AM
MYIS350
Rookie

Question here! How is the ride quality comparing to the stock? Is it worse or better? Is it comfortable? Thanks!
Old 12-28-06, 08:55 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

I think the ride quality is more "sporty" and firm. Still smooth with the shocks.

racinghart: There is no bowing of the wheels. The alignment seems perfect. I am going to run by NTB and have them check the alignment just in case. They check alignments for free. I am going to have them check the Toe.

I also have an update:
-my afs light blinks on and off now. there are some threads on here about this problem. I am going to try to fix it myself when i get back in town. Looks like its a fairly simple fix as long as you have a nice floor jack.
- I also notice that on the rear spring when i went over a speed bump in my parking garage today a weird squeek. this squeek is also talked about in other threads about the eibach kit. I will update you guys about the fix for this as soon i read the threads.

Either I am really dumb, or the advanced search on CL kind of stinks. When I do a key word search for AFS it comes up with nothing. I have to do a search for the users that i knew already ran into this problem. IE like lobuxracer
Old 12-28-06, 12:45 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Hey Troy man your gonna have to take me for a ride.. That's probably the only thing that will easy my concern about the ride quality.. I'm so wanting them now that you say it handles better. So when you get a chance hit me up lol
Old 12-28-06, 12:58 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
Either I am really dumb, or the advanced search on CL kind of stinks. When I do a key word search for AFS it comes up with nothing. I have to do a search for the users that i knew already ran into this problem. IE like lobuxracer
I've noticed this too - I think doing a three character search (like AFS, or k&n) is too short and the software rejects it. I'd also like to know the answer to this question... Sorry for the OT post.

Javier
Old 12-28-06, 02:59 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07Txlex
Hey Troy man your gonna have to take me for a ride.. That's probably the only thing that will easy my concern about the ride quality.. I'm so wanting them now that you say it handles better. So when you get a chance hit me up lol
i'll ping you when i get back in town from snowboarding I'll let you take it around green oaks (arlington) on a lot of those turns. After you drive it for 5min you will see what I am talking about. Perfect ride enhancment.

Quick Reply: before and after shots eibach pro kit install