Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brakes Issue 06' 350 Help Dealer problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-06, 05:31 PM
Axvel
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes Issue 06' 350 Help Dealer problem

So my brakes started to squeak, and it annoys me, i owned the car for 2 months only, and there is only 2.5k miles on it. I took it to the dealer and he said that they'll clean them since the brakes are new....I said ok, so after that i took it home and it was fine, 2 days after it started squekkeing again, before i took the car the dealer told me that its going to squeek a little bit, which i rejected, i told him for 42K+ car i dont want it to squeek. He said the manual says that. Now i dont know what to do... It annoys the hell out of me. Any suggestions on what to do?! My friend said that they probably put some stop squeek **** on the rotors and now they wore off. Any Ideas?
Old 12-29-06, 05:39 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Try another dealer. They should be able to solve this issue. The brakes should not be squeeking on a new car.
Old 12-29-06, 05:52 PM
Ben10
Driver School Candidate

my car is only 2 months old and i realized slight squeking in my brakes after the frist couple of weeks. i just ignored it and now i have no squeking. i have about 3k miles. Hopefully yours will stop in time.
Old 12-29-06, 06:05 PM
Axvel
Driver

Originally Posted by Ben10
my car is only 2 months old and i realized slight squeking in my brakes after the frist couple of weeks. i just ignored it and now i have no squeking. i have about 3k miles. Hopefully yours will stop in time.
After taking a car to vegas and back and the squeeking is still here. thats over 600 miles in 2 days. I mean i paid 42k dollars for the car that has bad brakes?!

I hope it will go away soon, annoys the hell out of me
Old 12-29-06, 07:32 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

If you guys are light on the brakes it will cause a build up of residue. Do a couple hard stops (60-0) and it should clear up.
Old 12-29-06, 10:00 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Axvel
He said the manual says that.
the manual says it's suppose to squeak? what page is that on???
Old 12-29-06, 10:39 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,083 Likes on 2,475 Posts

...My friend said that they probably put some stop squeek **** on the rotors and now they wore off. Any Ideas?
Umm, no. Not possible. There is nothing they can put on the rotor besides brake cleaner. Nothing, ever, no way. Stop squeak is either some kind of anti-seize between the pad backing and the caliper, or it is some kind of very sticky stuff to prevent the pad from moving (and hopefully making noise.)

What you really need to do is a few hard stops to get the brakes fully bedded, then see if the problem persists. Find a place where you can make 10 stops from 60 to 5 mph (do not stop fully) in fairly rapid succession, then drive without using the brakes for at least 5 minutes to let them cool. This should resolve the squeaking. If it does not, there is something genuinely wrong with your brake setup, and it needs to be fixed by the dealer under warranty.

My IS350 makes no brake noises, even after 16k miles.
Old 12-30-06, 08:44 AM
NGG
Pole Position

So my brakes started to squeak, and it annoys me, i owned the car for 2 months only, and there is only 2.5k miles on it. I took it to the dealer and he said that they'll clean them since the brakes are new....I said ok, so after that i took it home and it was fine, 2 days after it started squekkeing again, before i took the car the dealer told me that its going to squeek a little bit, which i rejected, i told him for 42K+ car i dont want it to squeek. He said the manual says that. Now i dont know what to do... It annoys the hell out of me. Any suggestions on what to do?! My friend said that they probably put some stop squeek **** on the rotors and now they wore off. Any Ideas?
See thread " TSB2203 update brake for IS350" for possible solution. Essentially Lexus has pads to reduce brake dust...these may also resolve squeaking. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-06, 08:50 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

simple solution the car that you purchaced comes stock with high performance break pads... i work at one of the lexus dealerships.. that 42k comes with some high performance stuff.. no joke compare the is300 calipers with the is350 then look at the pads themselves... they create alot of break dust also for that same reason...
Old 12-30-06, 08:51 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

oh and if you want them to stop sqealing there is a gel that they coat the breaks .. they do it here at this dealership for no added cost i belive... i might be wrong but im pretty sure...
Old 12-30-06, 09:07 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdbrandon
Try another dealer. They should be able to solve this issue. The brakes should not be squeaking on a new car.
Not true........if you don't break in the pads correctly ANY car's brakes will squeak. Once screwed up there not much you can do but replace them. Hard stops in a new car with under 500 miles is one quick way to trash your pads.

There are many ways to break in new pads......to many to list here. Check around.......once your brakes have been replaced cause what you have now are shot and try to be a little easier on them this time.....
Old 12-30-06, 10:57 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtidan
Not true........if you don't break in the pads correctly ANY car's brakes will squeak. Once screwed up there not much you can do but replace them. Hard stops in a new car with under 500 miles is one quick way to trash your pads.

There are many ways to break in new pads......to many to list here. Check around.......once your brakes have been replaced cause what you have now are shot and try to be a little easier on them this time.....
Brakes have to be heated and cooled to bed them. It's pretty simple. Hard stops will NOT trash pads, if done properly with adequate cool down...
Old 12-30-06, 11:00 AM
Axvel
Driver

So let me get this right, I need to do 5 hard stops Not FULL but up until 5 mph, then drive a little without using brakes to cool them off.. and that should do it?
Old 12-30-06, 11:59 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,083 Likes on 2,475 Posts

At least 5. Stoptech recommends 10. There are other ways, but this is repeatable and consistent. It was one of the first things I did when I took delivery of the car and I do this with any new car I buy. I don't agree with the manufacturer's recommendations for brake bedding, I've got too many years of using high performance brakes on the street and the track to believe going easy on the brakes for a few hundred miles is a good idea. I've never had a wear problem or a squeaking problem with any of my cars or bikes.
Old 12-30-06, 04:06 PM
Ben10
Driver School Candidate

AXVEL wait before you do any hard brakes. if your cars new DONT do it. Its really bad to do hard braking in a car thats hasnt been broken in yet.

Quick Reply: Brakes Issue 06' 350 Help Dealer problem