Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Baracudas + Tein H-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-07, 10:32 PM
since5oh
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Baracudas + Tein H-Tech

Hello everyone...bought an IS350 w/ X-Package a few weeks ago w/ no plans to mod...well, that didn't last long. I just lowered my car w/ H-Tech and added a set of G-Games Baracuda 99B (19x8.5 w/ 235-35 & 19x9.5 w/ 275-30). Overall, I'm happy w/ the stance & ride quality of the car. Anyhow, here are the obligatory pics...

Old 01-14-07, 10:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks good.

Offset of the wheels please
Old 01-14-07, 10:51 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Love the wheels, a friend of mine has those and they look fantastic... One question though - is that picture from before you installed the springs, or after? The drop is pretty conservative, no? Or maybe they haven't settled yet... Either way, car looks great!

Javier
Old 01-14-07, 10:55 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, is that a picture of the vehicle dropped on the Tein H-Techs or is that stock height?
Old 01-14-07, 11:16 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea Tein H-Techs were even available already! Looks like a nice, mild drop!
Old 01-15-07, 07:55 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long have you had the H-tech's on? Did you measure before & after? Is the drop relatively even all the way around? I've had H-techs on my 350 for about a week and a half. The whole left side of my car has lowered close to the rated drop of 1"f/.6"r, but the right side is about 1/4" higher still. I did have a problem with an incorrectly rotated spring on the right front that has since been fixed. If it doesn't settle out within a few weeks, I won't be satisfied and may switch out the fronts for S-tech springs.

From your pics, I'd say mine looks a bit lower in back and about the same up front. I agree the ride is good. I can't tell a difference from stock.
Old 01-15-07, 09:52 AM
since5oh
Rookie

Originally Posted by BNR34
Looks good.

Offset of the wheels please
+40mm offset front & rear.

these pics were taken a few hours after install. the springs have settled a bit more since. i agree that it's a very conservative drop, but that was what i wanted.
Old 01-15-07, 10:14 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If i were to go with springs, these would probably be it. I think Tein advertises 1" and .6" drops f and r. With the inevitable settling, it'll probably be more like 1.2" and .8 or so, which will even out the gaps a little.

With that kind of drop, you shouldn't have a huge issue with getting the alignments back in to spec. You might not be able to get it back to nominal but it should be close.
Old 01-15-07, 10:22 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really like the Barracudas/99B, tempted to buy them myself. Drop looks great to me. Slammed is not practical for daily use, a mild drop is.
Old 01-15-07, 10:29 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
I've had H-techs on my 350 for about a week and a half. The whole left side of my car has lowered close to the rated drop of 1"f/.6"r, but the right side is about 1/4" higher still. I did have a problem with an incorrectly rotated spring on the right front that has since been fixed. If it doesn't settle out within a few weeks, I won't be satisfied and may switch out the fronts for S-tech springs.
It may be your suspension and not your springs. I had the same issue in my G. The left side was about 3/4" lower than the right. I thought the springs on the left side settled more because of my weight. So, I swapped the springs left to right and the height remained the same. There are more than a few z/g owners with the same issueand it's not really noticeable if the car is not lowered and/or you have lower offset aftermarket wheels that are flush with the fender.
Old 01-15-07, 11:25 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Looks great!! I will be getting the 99Bs on mine when it is time for new tires.

Any PS gurus that can turn since5oh's pics into Matador color?
Old 01-15-07, 11:29 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks great...it'll definitely look better when the springs have settled a bit
Old 01-15-07, 03:10 PM
since5oh
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
How long have you had the H-tech's on? Did you measure before & after? Is the drop relatively even all the way around? I've had H-techs on my 350 for about a week and a half. The whole left side of my car has lowered close to the rated drop of 1"f/.6"r, but the right side is about 1/4" higher still. I did have a problem with an incorrectly rotated spring on the right front that has since been fixed. If it doesn't settle out within a few weeks, I won't be satisfied and may switch out the fronts for S-tech springs.

From your pics, I'd say mine looks a bit lower in back and about the same up front. I agree the ride is good. I can't tell a difference from stock.
i've only had the springs on for about 48 hours now. i noticed that the passenger front is about 1/4 of an inch higher than the driver front. i'm taking it in tomorrow for them to take a closer look. other than that the other 3 corners looks great. the wheel gap between front and rear looks pretty even now.
Old 01-15-07, 03:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In case you all haven't noticed, and it seems you haven't, all Lexus cars are higher on the right/passenger side. Lowering won't change that unless you use coilovers. That's why I have them on my SC but not on the G35. The technicians don't know why Lexus does this. I asked a few times. It's funny how some will try to make up something to sound like they know their stuff.
Old 01-15-07, 03:36 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
I really like the Barracudas/99B, tempted to buy them myself. Drop looks great to me. Slammed is not practical for daily use, a mild drop is.
That's why slammed is sooo much cooler, man.

Looks good though, I just found those wheels recently, and I like them, especially for the price point.

Quick Reply: Baracudas + Tein H-Tech