Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach VS Tanabe

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 05:14 PM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eibach VS Tanabe

I hope i didnt open up a can of worms here...

First off, i'd like to thank everyone in advance for their input. I am a new
IS250 owner and im LOVING the car. I went from a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 to a new 2007 IS250 GFM w/ navi. The difference is UNREAL. Even though i miss my SRT-4, i love my 2IS. Not to mention that my SRT-4 had 406whp 404wtq. but thats a different story. I can't have a car long before i start modding it.
enough with the intro... now the question...

I'm looking to order some springs for my car soon. I want to have it dropped so when i put some rims on, i won't be looking like a 4x4 .

Anyways, i see two reputable companies being mentioned over and over for springs. I have yet to read anything negative about either one. I would like to get comparisons, pics, problems, differences, or any info from owners of both brand springs. Looking to make up my mind and place my order soon.

Once again, thanks in advance for any info.

Hope to see you guys around the forum!

Alex
Old 01-19-07, 06:50 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget about Tein, also a high quality spring/suspension company. Nothing wrong with Eibach or Tanabe. However, the Tanabe springs for the IS350 actually lower the car slightly more in the back than front. Makes it look like you're hauling something heavy (a body?) in the trunk. The Tanabe springs seem to be less popular on here from my perception. On preview, I see you have an IS250. Tanabe may not make springs for it.

I've heard the Eibachs are a little more performance oriented, i.e. stiffer, but look good nonetheless.

Tein offers a couple of different drops/springs rates. S-techs are stiffer and more aggressive drops. H-techs are moderate drops and closer to stock spring rates. Tein and others also offer coilovers if you want adjustable ride height/damping rate but they are a little spendy.

I have H-techs on my ride, so I have a preference for them. Others will no doubt weigh in with their opinion.
Old 01-19-07, 09:27 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

i want to buy the eibachs but i want to see pictures of a is250 dropped on the eibachs made for the is250, not the 350, the drop in inches according to the eibach site says its different from the 250 and 350. anyone got pics before i order them?
Old 01-20-07, 09:13 AM
Got PSI
Driver

thanks for your input. Tein is definately another option. i need to do some more reading...

as far as the tanabe not making springs for the IS250, i see people on the forums with them on their 250's all the time. example Cathafer. She has them on her IS250.

Alex
Old 01-20-07, 10:28 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

A few pics from Tanabe's site

IS250 on Tanabe DF210's

Looks good to me
Old 01-20-07, 11:05 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

^ I think the Eibach is higher in the back.
Old 01-20-07, 11:55 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
However, the Tanabe springs for the IS350 actually lower the car slightly more in the back than front. Makes it look like you're hauling something heavy (a body?)
Not a big fan of the Tanabe springs for this exact reason.
Old 01-20-07, 12:25 PM
Tony59blue
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
I have H-techs on my ride, so I have a preference for them. Others will no doubt weigh in with their opinion.
Do you have a picture of the H-tech on your car?
Old 02-05-07, 05:25 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

where is the best place to buy the Eibach springs?
Old 01-18-08, 12:45 PM
tshek
Pole Position

Sorry to bring this old dead thread back up. But I am in the same situation now. want a set of springs, and debating between Eibach, Tanabe NF210, DF210 and Tein H-techs.

I am looking for about an inch drop and I don't want to lose the stock smooth riding feel after the drop. Which one is my best bet? Thank you very much.
Old 01-18-08, 01:15 PM
Electric
Pole Position

I just installed the Eibach IS250 springs on my IS250 AWD. The drop is perfect. The ride is still good, definitely a little more stiff, but in a very good way. Handling is dramatically improved, most likely due to the ridiculous body roll which is now gone! I will get some pics tomorrow as long as its nice out.
Old 01-18-08, 01:24 PM
tshek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Electric
I just installed the Eibach IS250 springs on my IS250 AWD. The drop is perfect. The ride is still good, definitely a little more stiff, but in a very good way. Handling is dramatically improved, most likely due to the ridiculous body roll which is now gone! I will get some pics tomorrow as long as its nice out.
yes, picture will be absolutely appreciate.
Old 01-21-08, 08:35 PM
tmag
Pole Position

Bump! on the same boat thanks in advance for the pics.
Old 01-21-08, 10:52 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know why people dont pay more attention to Hotchkis. They offer the perfect drop and are probably higher quality than any of the others listed. I had eibachs and didn't like them the front sat too low compared to the rear and my car looked like a stink bug. I then got coilovers to set it where I wanted it.
The Hotchkis springs come with new bump stops as well, this way they are the perfect size for the springs and if you ever want to return the car to stock you can reuse you factory ones since they have not been cut.
Old 01-22-08, 12:47 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tshek
yes, picture will be absolutely appreciate.
Pictures are coming guys, just been real busy and the weather has been crappy! I can tell you though, the drop is perfect (even and not too low or too high). Very happy.

Quick Reply: Eibach VS Tanabe