Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TM Engineering!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-07, 09:23 AM
mk3kid-1jz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KidPandJ
So, you talked to him...told him what the problem with your order was...and he didn't do anything about it?
correct. he said he was gonna give me a call back, but, didnt say when?
Old 01-31-07, 02:17 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

he sold me some auto dimming mirrors from a newer SC and assured me they are plug and play for my 93 SC, low and behold they are not plug and play. he responded by saying he would send me the wire harness free of charge. months went by with vague responses about how busy he was. needless to say i'm trying to sell the mirrors in the marketplace because they do not plug in to my stock harness.
Old 01-31-07, 07:02 PM
mk3kid-1jz
Rookie

Originally Posted by CleanCL
he sold me some auto dimming mirrors from a newer SC and assured me they are plug and play for my 93 SC, low and behold they are not plug and play. he responded by saying he would send me the wire harness free of charge. months went by with vague responses about how busy he was. needless to say i'm trying to sell the mirrors in the marketplace because they do not plug in to my stock harness.
damn! i thought i was the only one getting the bad end of the stick here i guess not! sorry to hear that. is thier any legal action we can take on this. because this is just plain riddiculous. im trying my best to compose my anger!!!
Old 01-31-07, 08:03 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

strangely enough, i ordered ALL of the daizen bushing sets, upper,lower,front, rear, steering rack, and like i said, mechanic made no mention of them being missing parts. the bags were sealed shut if i remember correctly. maybe try to contact daizen, they might be able to send you the parts you need for now just to get you back up in proper shape.
Old 02-16-07, 03:02 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They helped me out -- I had a siezed sleeve/bolt that had to be cut out, the rear sleeve/cam bolt to be exact.

I got a new Supra cam bolt from the Toyota dealer for $19 with nut-- and TM hooked me up with a sleeve for shipping only--

Very awesome guys, and super products.

It's also very easy to reuse the sleeves you have if they arent seized to the bolts-- Just heat the inner sleeve with a plumbing torch until you hear the rubber begin to pop/sizzle and see smoke.. Then use channel lock pliers to pull them out while twisting back and forth at the same time-- pure easy.
Old 02-16-07, 11:04 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Question

I've tried calling EVERYDAY this week, and left messages earlier on, I guess this was not the week to contact them. Oddly enough I need those sleeves as well, I ordered new LCA's from Aliga with much lower miles than mine.

Also on another note, I now want to ask about the harness for the newer dimming mirrors.
Old 02-16-07, 11:42 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you got LCA's -- you already have the sleeves-- if you're installing Daizen's, all you need are the bushings themselves-- no need for new sleeves unless yours had to be cut -- which is not likely that Aliga shipped you damaged sleeves in low mileage arms.

I don't think people really understand how easy they are to remove from the factory bushings-- it literally takes 15 min to remove all 4 of them. And at the cost of a $15 propane torch instead of the extra $90 --