Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Springs Question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 10:36 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs Question???

I want to install eibach springs or tanabe and i like the way a lot of members have their car drop but my question is this: after the car settle to the specified drop which in more cases is 1" to 1.5", will the car keep droping after the year let's say after 5 year of springs installation am i be able to keep the same drop or the car will drop more and more after the years?
The reason i ask this is because i want to keep a gap of two fingers between tire and fender and i dont want my car to almost touch the rims after the years.

thanks in advance for your comments!

Also which spring have the better drop - eibach or tanabe, my AWD is very high but i just want a decent drop not slam.
Old 01-22-07, 11:22 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good springs should not sag. most manufacturers have guarantees for this. However adding weight might change the hieght a bit. things like adding a subwoofer box, my old subwoofer box weighed around 100 some pounds. so the back of my old car got a bit lower then expected probably cuz of that
Old 01-23-07, 09:13 AM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

which springs where you using?
Old 01-23-07, 09:45 AM
KMRIS350
Driver

I’m using Tanabe NF210s and they lowered the car almost an inch in the front and a little over an inch in the rear. This should give you about 2 fingers in the front and about 1 finger in the rear with the stock 18inch wheels. They never had to settle and they haven’t changed since the install.
Old 01-23-07, 10:58 AM
VutIS250
Driver School Candidate

I want to drop my car too. However this is my first Lexus and I know diddly poop about cars. Does this void Lexus warranty? Will this hurt the car in any way? My dealer said dropping the car can result to problems...
Old 01-23-07, 12:50 PM
KMRIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by VutIS250
I want to drop my car too. However this is my first Lexus and I know diddly poop about cars. Does this void Lexus warranty? Will this hurt the car in any way? My dealer said dropping the car can result to problems...
I have never had any issues using performance springs to lower a cars stance. Some people replace the shocks when switching out the springs but I personal don’t think its necessary. I think with how minimal these springs lower our cars I don’t think we will see many issues. As far as warranty this is mostly going to be up to your dealer servicing your car. I have had dealers “FORD” that wouldn’t warranty an ignition problem because of an after market intake. But in most cases you should be fine. It’s really if aftermarket product is causing the problem for warranty. Check the modification link and you can read more about this. I personal had my Lexus dealer install my springs and they said It was going to be covered under warranty. But I’m assuming they will try and stick it to me if they can. Just my $.02
Old 01-23-07, 02:06 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

the only difference here is that your car is an IS350 and ours is 250AWD, but i really want my car to have the drop that yours has.
Old 01-23-07, 02:08 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KMRIS350
I have never had any issues using performance springs to lower a cars stance. Some people replace the shocks when switching out the springs but I personal don’t think its necessary. I think with how minimal these springs lower our cars I don’t think we will see many issues. As far as warranty this is mostly going to be up to your dealer servicing your car. I have had dealers “FORD” that wouldn’t warranty an ignition problem because of an after market intake. But in most cases you should be fine. It’s really if aftermarket product is causing the problem for warranty. Check the modification link and you can read more about this. I personal had my Lexus dealer install my springs and they said It was going to be covered under warranty. But I’m assuming they will try and stick it to me if they can. Just my $.02

the only difference here is that your car is an IS350 and ours is 250AWD, but ireally want my car to have the drop that yours has.