Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

slamming car on tein cs

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 09:12 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default slamming car on tein cs

is thier anything wrong with slamming the car all the way down with the Tein CS v2? Just wondering because I want to see what it was like but to lazy to lift it up til this weekend. I have it set to about a 1/4 in left of thread left. and set to soft. Will this cause any damage to the Teins?

Old 03-20-07, 11:03 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ed,
Tein designs the drop allowance into their coilovers. The CS has less drop capability than say a Flex, because of the softer spring rates, so they limit the drop for that very reason.

You should be good, but you can always bump up the settings to full stiff, if you expect to be going over rough roads.

Even at full stiff, the CS is still very comfortable to me.
Old 03-27-07, 02:50 PM
Dr. VIP
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pics of the car from the side. I am trying to decide weather i want to go with the SS becuz they cant drop slightly lower. but it would be awesome to compare them side by side. Maybe a before and after if you have one
Old 04-10-07, 03:01 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

here is a pic of my gs on tein ss , i can lower the car lower then this with no problem
Old 04-10-07, 05:35 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Slammed...I like the look of your ride on the SS; hot! Regarding your drop, would you say that you are on the "middle setting"; have a lot more to go as far as lowering or are you more towards max adjustment (i.e. lowest drop)?

Also, I am really contemplating getting either the CS or the SS. I'm from NY, I think Jersey has the same type of poor road conditions...how does the SS perform? Is it a little too harsh for these roads even on the softest dampening setting? Sorry for all the questions...thanks for the advice.
Old 04-10-07, 10:36 AM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the thread settings on coilovers, I'm trying to adjust the ride height so it's even on both sides in the front 2, but I have more threads on my driver side than passenger side, is that normal, or should they be threaded the same on both sides?

From the looks of it right now, it seems even, or maybe the driver side is even a lil bit higher, but the driver side has more threads still than the passenger side...
Old 04-11-07, 10:19 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by o2GS43o
On the thread settings on coilovers, I'm trying to adjust the ride height so it's even on both sides in the front 2, but I have more threads on my driver side than passenger side, is that normal, or should they be threaded the same on both sides?

From the looks of it right now, it seems even, or maybe the driver side is even a lil bit higher, but the driver side has more threads still than the passenger side...
Your last paragraph grabbed my attention. This is EXACTLY how my setup is also. My installer had to actually leave a little more thread on my drivers side in order for my camber adjustment. I basically dropped my car as low as it will go without cambering(w/ Tein CS V.2), that was my requirement. It seems like the front drivers side had more of an issue w/ cambering, thus couldnt drop as low as the passenger side. Iunno if this is typical for all 2GS, but it happened in mine.
Old 04-13-07, 04:33 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Default Hey Slammed GS

What sizes are your wheels and what offsets did you go with? I have Tein's and looking to upgrade my 19's to 20's. BTW, your ride looks great!
Old 04-27-07, 10:56 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Your last paragraph grabbed my attention. This is EXACTLY how my setup is also. My installer had to actually leave a little more thread on my drivers side in order for my camber adjustment. I basically dropped my car as low as it will go without cambering(w/ Tein CS V.2), that was my requirement. It seems like the front drivers side had more of an issue w/ cambering, thus couldnt drop as low as the passenger side. Iunno if this is typical for all 2GS, but it happened in mine.
it might be to compensate for the driver being in the car. Thats why the driver side has more thread to raise the car up a little bit. It usually for people that do a 4 wheel corner balance with the driver in the car. You would adjust all the wheel until you have a even number of weight per wheel. Just might thoughts on why tein made it that way
Old 04-27-07, 11:14 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Here is mine on CSv2's

Could go down a little more, you can get the wheels to tuck just a little bit at all the way down.
Old 04-29-07, 08:15 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

heres mine os Tein CS V1 almost all the way down

Old 04-29-07, 09:50 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Oh, we kind of missed the question, lol...He has them just wants to know if running them all the way down is ok. Well....I think it's fine to run them all the way down BUT take care if you have a few people in your car and want to turn into a steep driveway etc...I learned the hard way and am now shopping for 2 new fenders because the tire caught them and creased them on both sides.
Old 04-29-07, 08:15 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

ouch.. show the damage.... yea u gotta take it easy once i had to let a few ppl out to get into a parking garage lol

P.S. no lowering it all the way wont hurt the suspension itself
Old 05-01-07, 09:44 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am thinking about going the CS route. How low can you guys go until the tires start showing camber wear?
Old 05-01-07, 10:11 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

I would say about 1". Lol...slamming your car is for people who arent too worried about camber wear, especially as there arent any camber kits for our cars that I recall, scondly if you did put a camber kit on your car you may run into another problem of now rubbing the fenders, it's kind of a no win situation.

Quick Reply: slamming car on tein cs