Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Swaybar Bushings-- $12.99 -- Energy Suspension-- Installed and awesome--

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07 | 12:27 AM
Spitfire86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this too, easy as pie to replace them besides a little cutting and grinding. Super cheap for such great results!
Old 11-27-07 | 11:00 AM
jmwenick
Driver

Hey good thread, I just wanted to share this. It looks like they have OEM fitment, they're poly, and looks like a good price. I'm gonna order these, and the camber kit.

haha, I forgot to post the link
http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html

Last edited by jmwenick; 11-27-07 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-29-08 | 08:13 PM
itazura
Pole Position

i just got 7/8" rears (9.5158R) and TT sway bars but when i test fitted the bushing and the hole diameter seem to be a lot bigger than the diameter of the bar.

are the supra NA rear sway bars smaller in diameter?
could the guy that sold it to me not know that it was off a NA in actuality?
Old 03-01-08 | 08:08 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The same front sway is used for 93-96 na/turbo and 97-98 turbo.
For the 97-98 rears, the rear sway is the same for na and turbo.
For the 93-96 rears, the rear sway is different between na and turbo.

Also, the 97-98 rear sways might be a bit smaller in diamater from previous years.

Last edited by TheMole; 03-01-08 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-03-08 | 01:47 AM
itazura
Pole Position

ok found it.

97-98 rears are 20mm not 22mm.

so for future reference:
DO NOT BUY 97-98 SUPRA TT rear sway bars

BUY ONLY 93-96 SUPRA TT SWAY BARS

i made the mistake of purchasing 97-98.
Old 03-23-08 | 05:46 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok just installed these front bushings today but my questions are these bushings not supposed to fit perfectly or close all the way around the sway bar b/c mines didn't even when i tighten them up already, it still has a small gap on both of the bushings? will this affect anything or this is how it's supposed to be? i know i bought the 1 1/8" bushings?
Old 03-25-08 | 10:58 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got back from AutoZone and ordered my bushings for the front & rear. I orderd them for a Supra since I'll be installing those at the same time. I also got some brand new Supra TRD subframe mounts, and a new endlink for the rear because one is busted.

My front and rear Supra bars are off a 1993, so I shouldnt encounter any problems. I've heard mixed opinions on whether or not the front sway bar is the same between the Supra and SC300. I guess I can look at the SC's more closely when I get under there.
Old 05-07-08 | 06:34 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I got front ones today for $23 bucks from my local autoparts store.

Energy Suspension part number 9.5664GC are the black 1 1/8 bushings.

Which is equivalent to 28.5mm when our stock front sway bar is ~30mm. It's a nice tight fit. With 180K miles my stock ones were toast. Car feels tighter now. Turn in feels more solid.

My symptom is a rapid fire popping noise when hitting the brakes while turning the car. We're talking in a parking lot, parallel parking, or comming to a stop sign. If I brake hard it pops. Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop. When I unload the suspension it recoil pops. Same Pop Pop Pop Pop Pop.

It's hard to explain but I think if you have heard the symptoms I'm describing you'd understand.

New Sway bar bushings didn't fix the problem.
I have new Supra LCAs.

Could be upper control arm bushings, Strut top mounts, Steering rack bushings, sway bar end links.

Next order of business is Stance Coilovers. If it doesn't go away, steering rack bushings, if it still doesn't go away, upper control arm bushings.
Old 05-13-08 | 04:13 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

I have new lower control arms, daizen steering rack bushings, sway bar bushings, daizen camber kit...all that stuff, and I STILL have the annoying "CLANK" sound when I hit the brakes....

I'm guessing it has to be the endlinks as I'm not sure where else the noise could come from. It has made this same stupid noise since I bought the car four years ago; when going to TT Brakes, the noise didn't go away, so it cannot be the brake pads.

What else besides endlinks should I check?
Old 05-13-08 | 05:49 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How hard were the LCA bushings to replace. Any tips? I am guessing your ball joint was good.
Old 05-13-08 | 06:45 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Mark,

I'm with you. I've got all new end links coming. Diazen steering rack bushings, new upper control arms. Are you running TT brakes and TT struts? I am and thats when all this started happening. I also do not think that it is the brakes directly. Seems like it's something loading up and binding in the suspension.

I was talking to a guy who mentioned loosening and retightening all the control arm bolts and strut mount bolts while the wheels of the car are on the ground.
It might help. Pull the car up on ramps and loosen everything up and then re tighten.

Give it a shot....
Old 05-13-08 | 07:25 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Have you replaced the transmission mount?
Old 05-13-08 | 07:37 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Yep. I did that one when I replaced both motor mounts.
Old 05-13-08 | 07:55 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmmmm. Maybe could it be the struts or strut mounts? It sounds like you guys have changed out just about anything that could cause that clunking. Good luck, I know that stuff can be really annoying.
Old 05-13-08 | 09:18 PM
32SC
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UpInTheLex
Mark,

I'm with you. I've got all new end links coming. Diazen steering rack bushings, new upper control arms. Are you running TT brakes and TT struts? I am and thats when all this started happening. I also do not think that it is the brakes directly. Seems like it's something loading up and binding in the suspension.

I was talking to a guy who mentioned loosening and retightening all the control arm bolts and strut mount bolts while the wheels of the car are on the ground.
It might help. Pull the car up on ramps and loosen everything up and then re tighten.

Give it a shot....
Same thing happened to me. It happened right after I installed shocks/springs but before I installed TT brakes, so i suspect the suspension as well. All of my bushings are in good condition so I'm stumped. The only solution i could come up with were the endlinks (just ordered some yesterday).

Quick Reply: Swaybar Bushings-- $12.99 -- Energy Suspension-- Installed and awesome--