Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

results from tein coilovers on IS250AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 04:21 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Default results from tein coilovers on IS250AWD

Ok, plain and simple. No go! It looks like we have to wait. All i had to do was look underneath

My set of TEIN CS are now for sale if anyone is interested. Of coarse they haven't been used.

Last edited by r1lee; 04-03-07 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 04:29 PM
PureZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I ask why you decided not to go with the coilovers? Also how much are you selling for?
Old 04-03-07, 04:29 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur Teins dont work on the awd? ew that sucks.

i guess no coils for me neither =(
Old 04-03-07, 04:36 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PureZ
Can I ask why you decided not to go with the coilovers? Also how much are you selling for?
they dont fit. i had to make sure that the pic from lubuxracer was correct.
It is.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265919
Old 04-03-07, 04:41 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Indeed, I'd also like to know how much you're selling for
Old 04-03-07, 05:15 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

Are you waiting, and for what/how long or going the springs route?
Old 04-03-07, 06:25 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

I'm sure sometime a company will step out and address the need for the 2IS AWD owners.
Old 04-03-07, 09:23 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by totalstu
Are you waiting, and for what/how long or going the springs route?
Well i found out today when i took my car in to get the WORK Emotions XT7's on. I looked underneath and bam, I couldn't use the Tein's. Right now, the car sits high, and I'm not liking it, but I'm totally liking the rims.

Currently my wife will be driving the IS, as we're waiting for her rims for her RX330 to come in. That will be in 2-3 weeks. After that, the IS will sit in the garage until I figure something out. Lucky, I still have the Z3 to drive.

I probably won't drive the car, until i figure something out with the suspension.
Old 04-04-07, 03:46 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Why are the Tein S-tech Springs for the 350 working on the AWD? & The Tanabe NF's springs alot of us are running are the ones for the 350 as well. Dunno why some springs will work, but take a brand like Eibach & it wont.
Old 04-04-07, 09:43 AM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r1lee
Well i found out today when i took my car in to get the WORK Emotions XT7's on. I looked underneath and bam, I couldn't use the Tein's. Right now, the car sits high, and I'm not liking it, but I'm totally liking the rims.

Currently my wife will be driving the IS, as we're waiting for her rims for her RX330 to come in. That will be in 2-3 weeks. After that, the IS will sit in the garage until I figure something out. Lucky, I still have the Z3 to drive.

I probably won't drive the car, until i figure something out with the suspension.
Keep us posted!
Old 04-04-07, 03:48 PM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Hey R1Lee, I know that Road Magnet have awd specific springs for our cars. It'll lower the car about 2" all around, so I'll be going that route. Which part of Ontario are you in? I'd like to check out those works you have there, awesome rims.
Old 04-04-07, 05:53 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSE25
Hey R1Lee, I know that Road Magnet have awd specific springs for our cars. It'll lower the car about 2" all around, so I'll be going that route. Which part of Ontario are you in? I'd like to check out those works you have there, awesome rims.
Where are you getting RM springs up here and where do you see awd specific springs? I just checked their website and only see springs for the 250

Thanks
Old 04-04-07, 09:40 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GSE25
I posted some pic's of the rims on the other part of this forum. Check it out.

I'm not looking for a 2 inch drop. As this car is supposed to be a winter specific car with the likelihood of me driving it every so now and then in the summer. I don't want to be plowing snow :P

WIth the coilovers, I was only looking for a 1-1.2"Front and 0.8-1"Rears. While runnign soft settings so I can get the stock ride with less roll.

I was hoping to maybe throw the TEIN H-TECH springs as that's ony a 1" drop, I will call TEIN tomorrow to find out if they will work. I was told by ExclusivIS that the TEIN S-TECH works fine, so maybe the H-tech's will work.

Will call tomorrow and update.
Old 04-11-07, 09:40 PM
shox
Pole Position

Hey Lee, did you try the JIC Magic FLT-A2 for the IS250 RWD yet?? To my understanding, these should fit according to diagrams and printouts from Lexus of the suspension assembly. I looked over the diagrams, the assembly of the 350 and 250 is completely different. But there are no difference between the 250AWD and 250RWD. The only difference is probably the spring rate but even in that case, the two cars weigh a difference of, if I remember right, 100-200 lbs which is basically having one extra passenger in the vehicle.

I know in the diagram that lobuxracer provided show a difference in the shock assembly in the front, I personally didn't see this in the diagram Lexus provided between the 250AWD and 250RWD, only between the 250 and 350. So I think the assembly for the front, for both the 250AWD and 250RWD is the same, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-12-07, 07:28 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shox
Hey Lee, did you try the JIC Magic FLT-A2 for the IS250 RWD yet?? To my understanding, these should fit according to diagrams and printouts from Lexus of the suspension assembly. I looked over the diagrams, the assembly of the 350 and 250 is completely different. But there are no difference between the 250AWD and 250RWD. The only difference is probably the spring rate but even in that case, the two cars weigh a difference of, if I remember right, 100-200 lbs which is basically having one extra passenger in the vehicle.

I know in the diagram that lobuxracer provided show a difference in the shock assembly in the front, I personally didn't see this in the diagram Lexus provided between the 250AWD and 250RWD, only between the 250 and 350. So I think the assembly for the front, for both the 250AWD and 250RWD is the same, but I could be wrong.

The diagram that lobuxracer provided is correct. RWD and AWD cars have different front Shocks.

I went through all the part #'s and it stated that the IS250 & IS350 parts were interchangeable, but AWD parts were not.

Quick Reply: results from tein coilovers on IS250AWD