Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-09, 03:21 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce4469
In regards to the TSIB for the 2007 Lexus IS250 and the front brake dust problem I just had mine taken care of by Longo Lexus with 24000 miles on the car.
Mine was done on 07 IS350 at 29K miles by Fremont Lexus, no problem, no cost.
Old 10-31-09, 05:11 PM
bruce4469
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Mine was done on 07 IS350 at 29K miles by Fremont Lexus, no problem, no cost.
IS, were your rotors worn out like mine was? Just curious. The rotors looked like they had 124000 instead of 24000.
Old 10-31-09, 06:52 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bruce4469
IS, were your rotors worn out like mine was? Just curious. The rotors looked like they had 124000 instead of 24000.
No, rotors were fine.
Old 10-31-09, 07:07 PM
lexus ASM
Driver

Hope you guys know the dust reducing pad make more noise... buncha friggin whiners.

IMO, I've driven cars before and after the TSB. The cars that have the original pads brake much better than the TSB pads.

I think you guys just like finding a way to get free pads so you dont have to pay for a brake job... at least that seems to be a commonality between IS owners. By the way you can only perform the TSB once under warranty, and you cant make a brake noise complaint after having the pads switched.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lexus ASM; 10-31-09 at 07:09 PM. Reason: poor taste
Old 10-31-09, 07:14 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

wtf ^...........

Last edited by IS-SV; 10-31-09 at 07:21 PM. Reason: why ask why
Old 10-31-09, 08:19 PM
PJStyles
Driver School Candidate

Am I the only one that doesn't notice an improvement in the amount of brake dust after having the TSIB performed? I swear I don't notice a difference but I did have it done and they even had to replace my rotors along with the brake pads at no extra cost.

But 2-3 days after a washed vehicle, the rims are just as bad as they were under the old brake pads. I'm going back in for my next oil change next week and have brought this up to them... hopefully they will do something about this.

PJStyles
Old 10-31-09, 11:01 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus ASM
Hope you guys know the dust reducing pad make more noise... buncha friggin whiners.
My brakes are just as quiet before and after the TSB

Originally Posted by lexus ASM
IMO, I've driven cars before and after the TSB. The cars that have the original pads brake much better than the TSB pads.
Your opinion is wrong then. They brake exactly the same, just as physics requires. They change the feel of the brakes, an improvement too since engagement is far more linear, but you'll have identical stopping distance in both cases. The pads have no impact on stopping distance.

Originally Posted by PJStyles
Am I the only one that doesn't notice an improvement in the amount of brake dust after having the TSIB performed? I swear I don't notice a difference but I did have it done and they even had to replace my rotors along with the brake pads at no extra cost.

But 2-3 days after a washed vehicle, the rims are just as bad as they were under the old brake pads. I'm going back in for my next oil change next week and have brought this up to them... hopefully they will do something about this.

PJStyles

If you notice no difference then they used the wrong pads. The difference is very obvious. You wouldn't be the first this has happened to. The good news is you'll be getting yet another free set of pads once you point this out to them and provide them with the correct part number to use. I'd also hit em up for a free oil change for making you bring the car in twice for them to get something so simple right.
Old 10-31-09, 11:30 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

That's what I experienced with low dust front pads installed in the summer (much less dust, slightly better and more linear brake feel, no noise).

For those that did not experience less dust after the pad change, check the part numbers on the invoice against the TSIB.
Old 11-01-09, 03:57 AM
PJStyles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The good news is you'll be getting yet another free set of pads once you point this out to them and provide them with the correct part number to use. I'd also hit em up for a free oil change for making you bring the car in twice for them to get something so simple right.
Would you happen to have the correct part number for the newer brake pads? so I can provide the dealership with them?

Thanks

PJStyles
Old 11-01-09, 04:44 AM
RKElks
Rookie

Originally Posted by OC 335i
Just to save people some trouble, TSIB PDF is on post #99, Page #7 for me. It would be nice if someone updated the first post with this information.
Does anyone know where the TSIB info on 2008 IS250 is? If so, please post a link or PDF which includes the '08 models. The PDF on post #99 only goes up to 2007. Thanks!
Old 11-01-09, 08:28 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RKElks
Does anyone know where the TSIB info on 2008 IS250 is? If so, please post a link or PDF which includes the '08 models. The PDF on post #99 only goes up to 2007. Thanks!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3896137-post1.html

Would you happen to have the correct part number for the newer brake pads? so I can provide the dealership with them?

Thanks

PJStyles
Alternative Low Dust Pad Part# is: 04465-30400
Old 11-01-09, 09:04 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

PJStyles
You got the same pads you had before, not the low dust. They did the same to mine and after checking paper work I had to go back. So far no dust, but I've only driven a day and no noise.
Old 11-01-09, 01:03 PM
RKElks
Rookie

Awesome!! Thanks Kurtz!!
Old 11-04-09, 03:03 PM
RKElks
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Alternative Low Dust Pad Part# is: 04465-30400
K, I just got this done yesterday and here is the part # and description that is on my invoice "04465-53030 PAD KIT, DISC BREAK". Does the part number suffix change depending on year or something?

I do notice quite a bit of a difference on the feel. I also can noticably tell by looking that these are not the stock breaks that were on the car before. The calipers are completely different (see pic below). They look a little bigger and have almost a "C" shape to them... odd. I thought that this TSB was the pads only, not the entire assembly?

I'm happy to get updated pads but actually a little dissapointed about the odd shapped calipers because I just ordered the white "Lexus" caliper stickers and had planned on painting once I get my new 19" WORKs. It looks like I won't be able to put the stickers on with that huge hole in the middle of the caliper.
Attached Thumbnails Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads-dsc03571.jpg   Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads-dsc03572.jpg  
Old 11-04-09, 09:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RKElks
K, I just got this done yesterday and here is the part # and description that is on my invoice "04465-53030 PAD KIT, DISC BREAK". Does the part number suffix change depending on year or something?

I do notice quite a bit of a difference on the feel. I also can noticably tell by looking that these are not the stock breaks that were on the car before. The calipers are completely different (see pic below). They look a little bigger and have almost a "C" shape to them... odd. I thought that this TSB was the pads only, not the entire assembly?

I'm happy to get updated pads but actually a little dissapointed about the odd shapped calipers because I just ordered the white "Lexus" caliper stickers and had planned on painting once I get my new 19" WORKs. It looks like I won't be able to put the stickers on with that huge hole in the middle of the caliper.

Sorry, should've clarified 250 and 350 don't use the same pads-

For the IS250 the old pads are 04465-53020 and the new ones are 04465-53030

For the IS350 the old pads are 04465-30410 and the new ones are 04465-30400

The change shouldn't have done anything at all to your calipers, pads only.

Quick Reply: Brake dust TSB for is250 owners (TSB now released, attached) merged threads