Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone else with Eibachs get a little clunking over hard bumps?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-07, 10:26 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else with Eibachs get a little clunking over hard bumps?

A bit more noticeable when its cold out, as expected, but just wondering if anyone else hears/feels this. Just a little clunky over larger breaks in road. Rather wait and see what others here say than take it back to the shop for nothing. Cant wait till I can get a more sport based shock for the car.
Old 04-20-07, 11:16 AM
Zyoxx
Rookie

I have the Eibach Pro Kit on my IS350, I dont have any noise coming from it. You might want to take it back to the shop and have them double check all the bolts and make sure the spring is sitting correctly.
Old 04-20-07, 11:47 AM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

yes usually hard awkward bumps like going over tall speed bumps at an angle and on an incline. i guess you gotta learn to live with it. o yea i have an IS350
Old 04-20-07, 12:10 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

like expansion joints and stuff going down the hwy is no problem but irregular larger than normal stuff at lower speeds makes some noise. shop does tons of work, good work, so im not sure if its nothing or i should take it back. install looks fine.. i dunno.
Old 04-22-07, 06:40 PM
IS350PRO
Driver School Candidate

I am happy with the eibach's and have not had any issues with knocking ect. You should double check the wheel wells for rubbing with thosed big 19's and look at the exhaust mounting as well. My LMS set up had one contact point I had to insulate that knocked while going over the right kind of bump's. Good luck.
Old 04-24-07, 07:49 PM
mog79
Rookie

Default yea

i just had eibach springs put in and there was some clunking sound coming from the back when the car would bounce a little. i dont know a lot about these things so wasnt sure what it was and the plastic guard underneath front left wheel was scratching at the slightest bumps and the tires rubbed when i turned. i took it back and they said they fixed it and i just got it back today. i think they said they had to remove a part of the fender wall on the front? on the way home, it seemed alot better, heard the clunk once or twice but it still scratches the left on left turns and bumps but doesnt do that when i right turn. at least it doesnt scratch at the slightly bump now. the rubbing is less noticeable, only when i turn hard. could it be cause im the only one in the car so it tilts a lil to the front left?? the right guard has never scratched once yet so i dunno if its slanted slightly to the left or if its just when im the only one in the car...? any help? i dont know if this is to be expected or the job wasnt done well on my car? but whatever they did do it is better than when i first got it.

Last edited by mog79; 04-24-07 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 12:17 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, all these stories keep me convinced that these shops don't know jack about putting on the right wheel/tire combo. Those guys were trying to sell me a set of wheels today as well. The bad part is you got 18" rims and they still rubbed the fender. I would think the guys at 702 could get that right.
Old 04-25-07, 03:44 AM
mog79
Rookie

Default Individual experiences

Originally Posted by SilverBull
Damn, all these stories keep me convinced that these shops don't know jack about putting on the right wheel/tire combo. Those guys were trying to sell me a set of wheels today as well. The bad part is you got 18" rims and they still rubbed the fender. I would think the guys at 702 could get that right.
Well I wouldn't consider myself knowledgeable in stuff like this, some of my friends would know more than I. All I know is how it rides. Like the guy said it still will rub a little and scratch over harsher bumps which it does. Don't get me wrong, whatever they did, it is improved from what it was earlier. But the car still seems a little biased toward the left. The plastic guard on the left will still scratch going into left turns but not on every little bump in the street. The right turn is fine. It still scratches when you hit the small rises on newer sections of road from the old road. But from reading various suspension posts on here some people said their cars seems biased to the left and some it came out fine w/ Eibach. I don't know if my weight has something with the car slanting left cause i've never driven it w/ other people in it yet. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask if this is as best as it gets w/ Eibach or if it can be adjusted(diff. size tires or whatnot). I can live w/ how it is now but I'm afraid how low it'll go if the car is full tho. Figure worse comes to worse I'll just have them put back in the stock springs. I forgot to tell you when I saw you but I knew the guy waiting there w/ his gf. He had gotten all this stuff(sounds, dvd, monitors) on the inside of his gf's silverado for her birthday. It took all day Friday n he needed it Saturday for the party. He was told to pick it up 2pm on Sat. and said when his gf tried the stuff, none of it even came on at all. So he was a lil ticked off cause he couldnt do nothing about it til Mon. He says 702 is a lil more pricey than other places but he gives them business cause he knows the owner and they're posed to be real good. But for sure if he has to go back again after today he said he's complaining to the owner. More to come.
Old 04-25-07, 06:03 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

I'm surprised at how many of you are having problems with the Eibach springs. I've had mine now for about a year and have absolutely no issues. I did get an alignment a few weeks after.
Old 04-27-07, 08:41 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I don't have any knocking. How many of you guys that are experiencing the knocking also have AFS?
Old 04-27-07, 03:59 PM
Xelvic
Driver

Originally Posted by clubfoot
I'm surprised at how many of you are having problems with the Eibach springs. I've had mine now for about a year and have absolutely no issues. I did get an alignment a few weeks after.
Same here.
Old 04-27-07, 07:56 PM
LEXCESS
Driver School Candidate

I just had my 350 sport pack lowered with the eibach pro-kit tonite. I have no issues at all, the car should have come this way with a sport package in the first place. Thanks Clubfoot.
Old 04-28-07, 02:04 PM
andoy
Driver

u guys are all lucky *sigh*
Old 04-28-07, 03:04 PM
Marwar80
Driver School Candidate

You guys with the IS350, Which of the kits are you getting installed the 1.4/1.0 drop or the 1.0/.8 drop? I have heard of some installing the IS250RWD (1.4/1.0) on their IS350's. This maybe a reason as to why some are rubbing and some are not.
Old 04-28-07, 08:32 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

1" & .8" drop.