Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Any GS owners using Energy Sway bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-07, 02:58 PM
jbw
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any GS owners using Energy Sway bushings?

The Energy Suspension sway bushings, like the Daizen, are supposed to be a big improvement over stock. Many LS guys are using them. Any GS owners using these?
Old 05-01-07, 03:01 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

DO you have link or pics? DO they make them for the GS...I know these are popular on the mustang..
Old 05-01-07, 07:22 PM
jbw
Driver

Here is link. My search revealed that there was a lot of positive feedback on this mod among Lexus LS owners.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html
Old 05-01-07, 07:36 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Not sure why you would want to use Energy when there is already the Daizen set for $30. That is unless you want polyurethane for your TRD sway bars

In fact, Daizen probably uses Energy as their manufactor. Dont quote me on that though. There are only a few makers of bushings and I doubt Daizen has their own tooling to make bushings.
Old 05-04-07, 09:34 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Energy are awesome. If do decide to get some, you will not be disappointed. I have used many of their products. I am in the process of changing out all the bushings on my z
Old 05-04-07, 02:18 PM
jbw
Driver

I'm picking up Energy tomorrow. I researched a LOT of threads and a number of owners compared the Daizen to Energy and said the Energy are thinner and a harder compound. Several owners said they felt the Energy provided less lean.

I'm sure there isn't a big difference. I also like the fact that they have a greaseable port. Will pick mine up tomorrow and hopefully install over the weekend. This is probably a temporary holdover until I have $$ for sways.
Old 03-04-09, 10:17 PM
rnsand6kds
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How did these babys work out? Been looking into fitting them over the Daizen sways front and rear. Looks like I would need part # 9.5166 front and # 9.5156 rear. I want the greasible ones to keep off the poly squeaks down the road. Am I correct on the part numbers? I'd consider mod'ing the Daizen's with fittings from a store like suggested in another thread but have never done it before.
Old 03-05-09, 12:30 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ Yep ...greasable ones seems to be the best route. If I go this route, then I may purchase the Daizen Sway in the future.
Old 03-10-09, 09:10 AM
rnsand6kds
Rookie

Well, no help from the forum I guess. Other searches don't turn up much.

I'm going to buy these and install them myself. I'll post after all the smoke clears whether the "Universal" fits or not.

I looked at the Daizen bushings that come with their sway bar with the hopes of being able to install a zerk fitting on there myself, but I would need to dremmel channels into the bushing for the grease to spread and at $20/pair shipped from Summit Racing, the Polyurethane Energy Suspensions are all ready to go with the zerk fitting already.

I see plenty of DIYs on the fronts already but I'll try to remember the camera for doing the rear.
Old 03-10-09, 02:02 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

ive used the Energy on my SC400.

feels better than stock. Had to trim the mounts tho. Just remember to lube it since they dont provide lube.. or well they didnt provide me grease... i used White lith Grease.
Old 03-10-09, 02:28 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you list the parts# ... I've decided to go with daizen. I will purchase it in a few months and would go this route.
Old 03-10-09, 09:52 PM
rnsand6kds
Rookie

Part numbers are above that I ordered based on what Daizen said their bar diameters are. Bought from Summit, add an ENS before the number and dashes, no periods. These are "universal" so I will confirm their fit within a couple to a few weeks depending on time allowed by my schedule to put all this stuff on.
Old 03-15-09, 09:21 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

it looks like the zerk fitting aka the nipple on the metal sway bar bushing mount, only allows you to grease where the bushing meets the mount and not where the bushing meets the sway bar? am i correct at making that assumption?
Old 03-16-09, 01:02 PM
rnsand6kds
Rookie

Negative. I just got them this week and there is a 2mm hole through the bushing under the zerk fitting. From this hole the channels will feed the grease all the way around the inside of the bushing. I should have this installed within a couple of weeks, time permitting.
Old 03-16-09, 09:43 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rnsand6kds
Negative. I just got them this week and there is a 2mm hole through the bushing under the zerk fitting. From this hole the channels will feed the grease all the way around the inside of the bushing. I should have this installed within a couple of weeks, time permitting.
thanks for the details rnsand6kds. were the part numbers you posted earlier correct for our cars? and are you on your stock sways or an aftermarket set like daizen? i have the daizen sways and would like to replace the daizen sway bar bushings with something that i don't have to take off to grease.

part # 9.5166 front and # 9.5156 rear

Last edited by gsCrazy; 03-16-09 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Any GS owners using Energy Sway bushings?