Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone here bought from TM Engineering before?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-07, 08:09 PM
SiennaII's
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered my steering rack bushings from them and got them right on time. Quality stuff even for something as simple as the upgraded bushings.
Old 05-23-07, 04:01 PM
JspKSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SiennaII's
Ordered my steering rack bushings from them and got them right on time. Quality stuff even for something as simple as the upgraded bushings.
thats the first ive heard of being right on time. i ordered the Tein SS off of TMengineering and they lagged so much. my suspension didnt come in until a week later than it was supposed to. i ordered a camber kit with two day shipping and its been 4 days. i never got any tracking numbers for either one of my orders.
Old 05-23-07, 06:51 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

I ordered the camber kits front and rear, sway bar bushings, and steering rack bushing....all arrived together and within a week. So nothing but positive feedback!!

BTW, handles a billion times better with all the changes!
Old 05-24-07, 02:34 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I brought the bushings back in 04, had a question, and Todd e-mailed me back the same day ...actually within a few hours...and it was on a sunday! didn't expect that. Todds the man, and a very helpful guy.
Old 05-24-07, 05:42 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

TM Engineering is very reputable. Todd is a great guy. You can buy with confidence
Old 05-26-07, 08:06 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by D1GP
TM Engineering is very reputable. Todd is a great guy. You can buy with confidence
I think that guy has something against me. Everytime I order something I end up wasting my money on shipping. I pay for 2day shipping and it takes 4-5days for the product to actually arrive to my address. This has happened more than once and that is why I think it has become a problem. I dont even get my money back for the shipping either.

The only reason I buy from Todd is because he has parts that you can only get from him at a reasonable price such as Daizen bushings and Tein suspension at a low price. But he seriously needs to stop making me waste my money on shipping. Someone should really let him know.

PS I have never recieved tracking numbers and he never picks up or returns my calls. Horrible customer service. Definetly not a good person to do business with.
Old 05-27-07, 07:19 PM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I finally got my upper & lower control arm bushings in over the weekend - Daizen's from TM. I must say I'm not liking them at all. Every single little pavement gap I roll over get's telegraphed through my suspension with a THUD here, and THUD there. Maybe it's just compounded by the fact that I need some new struts, but even riding on the 14-year old, mangled bushings I just replaced I got a more comfortable ride than this.

I'm sure they're great for sporty handling, but I'm not happy at all with the non-Lexus type harshness I'm getting with these new bushings.

I've still got the steering rack and sway br bushings to install. Guess I'll go on ahead and throw those in on Monday. Those two couldn't possibly make my ride quality any worse, right?

On a side note: When I bought all my bushings from TM (through Todd), I bought a set of inner sleeves (metal for the lower arms and alluminum for the uppers), and asked him if I could return them if I ended up not needing them - to which he said "sure". Well, I didn't need them. So I'll be sure to let you all know if they don't refund my money upon sending them back this week.