Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Squealing Brakes 06 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-07, 05:46 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing Brakes 06 IS350

Hey everyone, I tried doing a search, but really couldn't find anything about this problem for the 350, mainly found noise/squealing on the 250's. But here's my situation:

My car has about 25k miles on the odometer. I had my pads and rotors replaced at about 20k. Had no squeals, noises, or problems whatsoever except until when I had to replace since they were worn down. At about 21,500 or so I developed a slight squeal when I came close to a full stop. Took it in, but couldn't get it to duplicate the problem (my appointment was early in the morning so weather was a little cold). This problem continued and actually got worse. I tried letting it go hoping it would go away, but just took it in last week when the problem wouldn't go away. I bring it in and speak to the service manager at the dealership. I begin telling him about my situation, and before I finish, he immediately cuts me off and tells me that "All the IS's do this, and there is nothing that we (Lexus) can do. This is the #1 complaint with the car, and unfortunately nothing can be done". At this point tell him that the pads/rotors that I had that came on the car from the factory had no problems, and this started happening after I had them replaced. He tells me "wow thats odd, you were probably lucky then, but unfortunately I still cant do anything for you". He offers to do a brake inspection for $55, but I told him I'm not paying for something that should be under warranty. He smiled and again said sorry but nothing he can do, the IS's come with sportier ceramic pads and are prone to making more noise, and started comparing the brakes to the cross drilled brakes that come on the M6. I told him if all the IS's have this problem, lets take one off the lot for a test drive to see if they do it, but of course, he tells me that the brakes have to get some wear in them to start having that problem, which I threw in again that my first set of brakes never had this issue, but he just sat there and smiled again and shrugged his shoulders. He then tells me that I can give corporate lexus a call to file a complaint, and hopefully if they get enough complaints they will come out with a fix in the future. He even has the nerve to offer me a car wash since my car was a little dirty. I politely said no, told him after receiving this type of customer service, they're not going to touch my car again.

Sorry for the long story, but just had to vent. I called corporate Lexus, but they will have a rep call me within the next few days or so. Just trying to get some input from the rest of you guys, is this really a real common problem, or am I just getting the run around. Also, should I try another dealership to see if I get any help? Any help would be appreciated. Flaming is also welcome if anybody thinks I'm over reacting lol. Thanks

-Richard
Old 05-14-07, 06:59 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine have squeals too... pisses me off.
Old 05-14-07, 08:04 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cspec
Mine have squeals too... pisses me off.
20K on my is350 and no noise... lets hope they don't start after my break are changed.