Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

OEM Lexus SC shocks vc KYB GR-2

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 04:00 PM
ccotenj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

timely topic for me...

i recently acquired my sc300...

my previous ride was an e36 bmw with bilstein sports, short springs, different sway bars and camber plates ("old school" dinan stage 3 to bimmerheads) and a few other "goodies" massaged in...

i understand that i'm not going to be able to make the sc like the bimmer was (and frankly, don't want to, as i got older, it got tedious on our "well maintained new jersey roads" ) but i WOULD like to tighten it up and lower it a "bit" (not slammed)...

open to suggestions... i'm not looking to build an autocrosser, but i want to make it "better"... i really like this car, but the "WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!" factor isn't very high....
Old 06-07-07, 04:12 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ccotenj
timely topic for me...

i recently acquired my sc300...

my previous ride was an e36 bmw with bilstein sports, short springs, different sway bars and camber plates ("old school" dinan stage 3 to bimmerheads) and a few other "goodies" massaged in...

i understand that i'm not going to be able to make the sc like the bimmer was (and frankly, don't want to, as i got older, it got tedious on our "well maintained new jersey roads" ) but i WOULD like to tighten it up and lower it a "bit" (not slammed)...

open to suggestions... i'm not looking to build an autocrosser, but i want to make it "better"... i really like this car, but the "WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!" factor isn't very high....
supra shocks and your choice of supra springs, or any aftermarket supra springs... the shocks are valved tighter than Lexus, and they are a half inch lower even with stock springs... then, if you want a little more - some lowering springs for the Supra will lower it just that much more...

the "stockness" of the shocks is awesome... or, go to the KYB GR-2's or AGX's - both reasonably priced and fit the bill as well...

I'm extremely happy with ride quality and handling of my SC400 on supra shocks with Tein 1.1" lowering springs...
Old 06-07-07, 09:33 PM
ViciousSoa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check This Out !

I think my way replace the shocks/ springs set up is CHEAPER and CONVENIENCE and either you want to be stiff or floating ride, here is my thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286222 on the SUPRA KYB AGXs there is a screw on top of each shock to adjust the levels of the damper so ......... have fun with it. (sorry.. i took with my cellphone, not so clear).
Personally I like handling, real STIFF so I throw in TANABE GF210 springs ( I think EIBACH does custom spring rate) hopefully my ride will be like a race car, I will let you guys know how its feel on the soft adjustment, my KYB mounts are on the way here, so check back with the thread for updates later on.
Attached Thumbnails OEM Lexus SC shocks vc KYB GR-2-adjscrew.jpg  
Old 06-10-07, 12:10 AM
kratos
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced my GR-2's today with Tein SS's and I like them a a lot.
When I did drive with the GR-2's however, I was very pleased with the performance - moreso than my old stock shocks.
Old 06-11-07, 10:12 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iv had KYB-GR2 and Espelir springs on my car for over 6 months, i love them, they were better than i expected.