Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BG racing Coilover installed...initial set up and reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-07, 08:51 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great with th oem kit and wheels
Old 06-05-07, 06:13 PM
jet119
Rookie

Originally Posted by sincityIS
How much were those BGs?
Where can I get a set?

Thanks for the help, I am trying to figure out what suspensino to put on my car, but I don't want to break the bank.
I have made a mistake in the name of these coilovers. it called BC racing coilovers. they are available at www.GTSpec.com contact Mark at GTspec for all the details.
Old 06-05-07, 06:15 PM
jet119
Rookie

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Looks great with th oem kit and wheels
the car is missing some carbon fiber pieces, a hood and a rear spoiler ***cough....cough***
Old 06-06-07, 06:00 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So Jet, I imagine by now you have got them adjusted to your liking. How do they work? Are worth looking into or should I just be safe and get the Teins? The reason I seem to like the BCs better is because they are powder coated and Teins are not, hence why they are prone to rusting.
Old 06-07-07, 07:53 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.bcec.com.tw/

I did a search on Google for "BC coilovers" and came up with a few hits. Supposedly these are in the same range as Megan's, K-Sports, etc.
Old 06-07-07, 07:54 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Old 06-07-07, 11:28 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I would put tein in that category as well. Tein seem to be very low quality for the price. I like the BCs better than the teins because they are powder coated which will prevent rust. The Teins have tendency to rust which means they aren't coated properly and are made of low grade material. I wish KW or Bilstein made coilovers for our cars, at least they are nickel plated. Maybe I will just have to settle for eibachs or get a set of Zeals. That is what I have pretty much narrowed it down to, from one extreme to the other.
Old 06-07-07, 11:31 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

go with the Zeals
Old 06-07-07, 03:15 PM
jet119
Rookie

So Jet, I imagine by now you have got them adjusted to your liking. How do they work? Are worth looking into or should I just be safe and get the Teins? The reason I seem to like the BCs better is because they are powder coated and Teins are not, hence why they are prone to rusting.
The BC's works pretty well, the quality and finish are all very good. I took the car to poconos running the north course with PDA this past sunday, with the front damper set to 25 hard and rear to 30 hard, the car handled pretty good with advan a048's. but the car felt to me like it needed a bit more spring rate for the front and rear, i am think about bump it up to 8 kg front and 10kg rear and probalby lower the car another 1/2 inch or so. i held off on corner balancing the car because i was not sure if this spring rate was going to do it for me.

This current set up is pretty good for street use, i set it to 18 towards hard and it is a slight bit firmer ride than the regular sport suspension that came with the car. I think zeals and teins both are really good, but eventually i would like to upgrade it to Ohlins when they become avaliable.
Old 06-08-07, 04:04 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Well, Ohlins is in a league of its own.
Old 06-11-07, 12:07 AM
pylee257
Lead Lap

BC = Buddy Club??
Old 06-23-07, 02:14 PM
jet119
Rookie

GTspec developed this set, its going into final production as we speak so i think it should be available very soon. i am still working on a more aggressive spring rate for track use on the IS250, maybe 12 kg front and 8 kg rear. but for street the springs that came with it is fine. just a bit firmer but not harsh. great fitment and quality.
Old 06-23-07, 11:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,065 Likes on 2,462 Posts

Well, Ohlins is in a league of its own.
Ohlins, Moton, and Penske are all head to head competitors and produce products of very similar very high quality.

If someone were seriously competing with a 2IS, we would have seen at least one of them in a 2IS fitment.
Old 06-24-07, 11:22 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I have asked several times about the BC coilovers and some have said they are comparable to Ksport and Meagan. I know they are the manufacturer and they cost about $400-$500 more than Meagan or Ksport so I assume the responses I got were wrong. I may pick up a set of BC coilovers when I get a few more bucks together.
Old 07-05-07, 02:58 PM
jkwonsays
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pylee257
BC = Buddy Club??
asking the same question. i doubt it though...the logo is different and on the websites we would've seen "buddy club" at least a few times. i have the buddy club n+ coilovers on my dc5 and the websites/logos/ads look different.

Quick Reply: BG racing Coilover installed...initial set up and reviews.