Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Finally installed Tein CS V2

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-07, 06:19 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally installed Tein CS V2

Ok, I finally got my Tein CS V2 installed with the EDFC over this weekend. Now I'm wondering is the EDFC supposed to stay on ALL the time to keep the memory or is the light supposed to turn off while the rest is still on. Also, if it turns off and turns back on, the motor turns for like 20+ clicks each time. Is this going to blow the coilovers? And how come it doesn't feel as hard as I thought it should feel? I could still bounce the car up and down on the hardest setting of 0, 0.

On a second note, my rear passenger back still rubs but not the driver's rear. I've changed the camber to the MAX it could camber inward. Goodness it still rubs when I turn right slightly. Could anyone please give me some SUPER suggestions. Thanks.

John

P.S. The tires aren't even tucked. About one finger height all around.
Old 06-25-07, 09:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Congrats on the new suspension!

Yes, the EDFC is supposed to stay powered all the time to keep the settings in memory. However the display does go off, but the unit itself has auxiliary power just like the clock for example.

Yes, on my EDFC for my Tein Flex, when it starts up, it cycles through the hard to soft settings. No idea if it will blow the shocks, but I don't see why that would happen. It is just adjusting them up and down normally. Increasing the air pressure and then reducing it.

So you find it too soft even on the hardest setting?

How is the handling though? Does it ride like stock in terms of bump absorption and at the same time offer that magical combination of reduced body roll in corners?

BTW, please post some pics of your car now with the new suspension.

Edit: I just edited your thread title so that it is more descriptive.

Last edited by Hameed; 06-25-07 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-25-07, 09:52 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Thanks

Thanks Hameed.

I guess I wired the accessory to the constant power as well so the system doesn't turn off with the car. I could adjust it with no keys in. lol

As for the step motors, I just spoke with Paul at Tein and he told me that it doesn't have enough torque to tighten the coilovers more then it should. It does however just turn clockwise to the hardest setting and stays there.

As for me, I found it soft even in the hardest setting maybe because I was expecting ZERO bounce. I had a friend with a civic and it had Tein coilovers. When he turned it to the firmest setting I couldn't even rock the car. Man, it's like he had no suspension at all! I'm thinking about changing out the stock CST springs and going with a much more firmer spring from Tein. Paul gave me some information to work with.

The ride is excellent though. So much like stock. There is a bit difference but I can't make super fast turn b/c the car rolls and my wheels rub up on the plastic moulding. The back rubs on the fender. Sucks for now. I'm going to get an alignment at lunch today.

I'm sure going to post pictures when it's perfect. lol

Thanks again man. This first time experience was sure a good lesson for doing it yourself. =)
Old 06-25-07, 10:21 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingLuxury
Thanks Hameed.

I guess I wired the accessory to the constant power as well so the system doesn't turn off with the car. I could adjust it with no keys in. lol
Isn't there something you can get to make it turn off with the car? what is powering the unit when the car is off?
Old 06-25-07, 02:07 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

It's wired into the lighting fuse so the system could be adjusted at any time. But I have it wrong. I'm going to run the accessory wire to the radio fuse and the illumination wire to the ignition fuse. The power wire will be on my light fuse.