Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake TSIB story

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 05:29 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Seat Creaking

Originally Posted by PMok
I just dropped off my IS this morning for the brake TSIB, and an oil change. as well as complained about the front seat creaking, which I think has another TSIB. Didn't give me any problems at all, except that I got a Camry as a loaner. It's a nice car but it doesn't even come close to my IS.

They just called me and said the oil change and brakes are done, but they need to order another part to fix the seat, AND they said they found a small oil leak near the timing belt cover. So I will need to bring it back for those to get fixed. Everything is covered under warranty except the oil change, so no complaints from me except for the oil leak thing has me a little worried. They said it was dripping down and landing in the plastic gravel shields/undertrays so I never saw any oil dripping in my garage. I will have to keep a close eye on that.
Front Seat Creaking??? I have that problem!!! I didn't even know there was a TSIB for that. Can anyone give me a link for the TSIB, I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!
Old 07-12-07, 06:26 PM
PMok
Lead Lap

it's NV001-06 ... from what they told me over the phone, my actual problem was with the seat rail, and they needed to order a new seat rail. But the TSIB has to do with some locator pins in the seat mount that come into contact with the rail, and involves them cutting off part of the pins with a dremel. But the good news for me is that it seems they are willing to do whatever it takes to fix the creaking problem, even if it's not specifically what was in the TSIB,.
Old 07-12-07, 10:06 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

llamaboiz - that is how all 3 of my experiences have been at sewell lexus of dallas. They are great, don't screw with or give you a hard time. Heck, they even adjusted my afs for free even though I was the one that caused them to go out of wack by lowering springs. Plus they have hot chicks working the counters there
Old 07-12-07, 10:22 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i bought some clips. the kind that hold the engine covers down, when they arrived the called and asked if need to make an appointment to have them installed, and that if i needed a loaner because i would need to leave my car all day.

Im sure you can guess my reaction, i picked them up and installed them on site in under 30 seconds.
Old 07-12-07, 10:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
well, i bought some clips. the kind that hold the engine covers down, when they arrived the called and asked if need to make an appointment to have them installed, and that if i needed a loaner because i would need to leave my car all day.

Im sure you can guess my reaction, i picked them up and installed them on site in under 30 seconds.
ROFL, leave your car for clips thats funny
Old 07-12-07, 10:56 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i did the TSIB along w/ my 15k service. my service advisor said i didn't need it, but would do it at my request.
Old 07-12-07, 11:20 PM
oliveryo
Driver

Lucky you guys. I printed out the TSIB and gave it to the lexus dealership near me in Taiwan. They had no clue about it whatsoever. I gave them a copy and they called corporate, and guess what, they said that so many people complained about this in the States that they made it for the States.
They also said that I was the only person in Taiwan that complained about the brake dust. Wish more peeps over here would complain because i really can't stand dirty **** rims. Oh well, what can i do. Do you think the dealer was BS'ing me?

Last edited by oliveryo; 07-12-07 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-12-07, 11:51 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oliveryo
Lucky you guys. I printed out the TSIB and gave it to the lexus dealership near me in Taiwan. They had no clue about it whatsoever. I gave them a copy and they called corporate, and guess what, they said that so many people complained about this in the States that they made it for the States.
They also said that I was the only person in Taiwan that complained about the brake dust. Wish more peeps over here would complain because i really can't stand dirty **** rims. Oh well, what can i do. Do you think the dealer was BS'ing me?
whaa??? the taiwan is250 club is big, you guys got alot of ppl.
Old 07-13-07, 12:36 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same story here, I walked to Ward Complex and saw a movie.

Aloha,
Larry
Old 07-13-07, 04:43 PM
dong888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oliveryo

You should call corporate and see if they can talk to your dealer and have it changed. I got mine change in California without any hassles.
Old 07-13-07, 07:56 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

No trouble here. They were so nice. They even offered me a loaner for a 2 hour job.
Old 07-13-07, 08:01 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Just had mine done @ 30k. No problema. Milk the pads then go in for the TSIB.
Old 07-13-07, 09:46 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
Just had mine done @ 30k. No problema. Milk the pads then go in for the TSIB.
LOL! That's what I plan to do with my brake pads! Have you switched out yet?
Old 07-17-07, 12:11 AM
phntsm
Driver School Candidate

Default People bringing in their cars..

I brought my car in for the TSIB regarding the brakes and the manager told me Lexus is about to come out with an update to the TSIB to have the rotors changed. He said the new brakes helps, but isn't good enough. I will call the manager back to see if it's updated. Just thought you guys should know so you can verify for me if this is true. When you come in, please ask them about this.

Note:
If you got the brakes replaced, you can't use the TSIB for the rotors if it's true...
Old 07-17-07, 12:34 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by phntsm
I brought my car in for the TSIB regarding the brakes and the manager told me Lexus is about to come out with an update to the TSIB to have the rotors changed. He said the new brakes helps, but isn't good enough. I will call the manager back to see if it's updated. Just thought you guys should know so you can verify for me if this is true. When you come in, please ask them about this.

Note:
If you got the brakes replaced, you can't use the TSIB for the rotors if it's true...
I doubt this is true. Rotors have nothing to do with the brake dust since the dust comes off the pads. Lots of ppl have done the brake TSIB and they claim to love it. What it sounds like to me is he's just BS'g to string you along.

Quick Reply: Brake TSIB story