Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake TSIB story

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 12:51 AM
hojin4eva
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to print out TSIB and show to them,
anyway I got a RX400h as a loaner car
Old 07-17-07, 06:04 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Same here. Didn't have to show them the TSIB number. Good service. Could of get a loaner of course but decided to wait 40 minutes.
Old 07-17-07, 06:06 AM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phntsm
I brought my car in for the TSIB regarding the brakes and the manager told me Lexus is about to come out with an update to the TSIB to have the rotors changed. He said the new brakes helps, but isn't good enough. I will call the manager back to see if it's updated. Just thought you guys should know so you can verify for me if this is true. When you come in, please ask them about this.

Note:
If you got the brakes replaced, you can't use the TSIB for the rotors if it's true...
Perhaps the new rotors will be because the new brakes pads are harder and eating the old rotors to fast?
Old 07-17-07, 08:03 AM
MJB_LEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
Just had mine done @ 30k. No problema. Milk the pads then go in for the TSIB.
haha Good idea, I thought about that, but realized that I just could not stand the black dust anymore, so I had it done as soon as I could after I found out the TSB was extended to the IS250.

McGrath Lexus Chicago was great. I just told them what I wanted, they set me up with a loaner and called me when they were finished. The service advisor even noted that it was time for an oil change and I told him that I was planning to do it myself on the weekend. No problem. Great service.
Old 07-17-07, 09:58 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PMok
I just dropped off my IS this morning for the brake TSIB, and an oil change. as well as complained about the front seat creaking, which I think has another TSIB. Didn't give me any problems at all, except that I got a Camry as a loaner. It's a nice car but it doesn't even come close to my IS.

They just called me and said the oil change and brakes are done, but they need to order another part to fix the seat, AND they said they found a small oil leak near the timing belt cover. So I will need to bring it back for those to get fixed. Everything is covered under warranty except the oil change, so no complaints from me except for the oil leak thing has me a little worried. They said it was dripping down and landing in the plastic gravel shields/undertrays so I never saw any oil dripping in my garage. I will have to keep a close eye on that.

There is an oil leak tsib. Sounds like you might have it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=266540
Old 07-17-07, 10:39 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the seat creak I just removed the bolt covers and tightened the seat track floor bolts myself,..........no more seat creak!
Old 07-17-07, 10:50 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phatboyc
Perhaps the new rotors will be because the new brakes pads are harder and eating the old rotors to fast?
Would the stock high friction pads be harder and harder on the rotors?
Keep us posted on this, how sweet would it be to go in complaining about dust at about 20k and walking out of there with new rotors and pads for free!
Old 07-17-07, 11:06 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

Easy install. Got mine done at 30K miles. ha ha, the brake pads were squeeking meaning it needed done anyways. Less dust, less performance, but oh well, free is good. Took a week to get the pads ordered.
Old 07-17-07, 12:29 PM
acsan
Driver

I scheduled mine through my dealer's website (Servco) and included a link to the TSB...no questions, hassles, or whatsoever. I just had to wait for the part to come in. That was almost two months ago.
Old 07-17-07, 12:31 PM
acsan
Driver

Oh almost forgot...they gave me a 2008 RX that they just got days earlier!
Old 07-17-07, 12:40 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ours was easy, drove in for the 10k service, they noticed the 'blackened' rims in front and before I could even ask, told us that they were going to change the pads to eliminate the eyesore - cool! Brake performance is as good as, if not slightly better than before, and no more dust!
Old 07-17-07, 01:59 PM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Mine was easy too...I requested a loner (which i got a es350, brand new) and hes like ok we will have it ready for you. I LOVE South Bay Lexus service dept....They just got a brand new state of the art service dept maybe like 2 miles away from the dealership (Skypark and Crenshaw) which is cool because I work in the LOWES right down the street from it.
Old 07-17-07, 05:21 PM
sam
Driver School Candidate

took mine in to lexus of edmonton (canada) for the brakes and oil change at 19K miles... they refused to change the pads claiming i am down to 5% on the pads and that i could opt to replace the pads with the oem is350 replacements first then come back to complain about the dust then they would replace with the gs pads under the service bulletin. at 19k miles they are telling me i need pads and rotors and are charging me $900 to replace otherwise they can't honor future warranty claims on the brakes. i find it hard to believe since most of my driving is hwy so why would i be down to 5% when i didn't even hear the squeaking from the indicator tabs? i'm not going to **** around with them cause they are the only lexus dealership here and i don't want to screw myself on the warranty.
Old 07-17-07, 06:29 PM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phntsm
I brought my car in for the TSIB regarding the brakes and the manager told me Lexus is about to come out with an update to the TSIB to have the rotors changed. He said the new brakes helps, but isn't good enough. I will call the manager back to see if it's updated. Just thought you guys should know so you can verify for me if this is true. When you come in, please ask them about this.

Note:
If you got the brakes replaced, you can't use the TSIB for the rotors if it's true...
they changed my rotors as well
Old 07-17-07, 09:42 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sam
took mine in to lexus of edmonton (canada) for the brakes and oil change at 19K miles... they refused to change the pads claiming i am down to 5% on the pads and that i could opt to replace the pads with the oem is350 replacements first then come back to complain about the dust then they would replace with the gs pads under the service bulletin. at 19k miles they are telling me i need pads and rotors and are charging me $900 to replace otherwise they can't honor future warranty claims on the brakes. i find it hard to believe since most of my driving is hwy so why would i be down to 5% when i didn't even hear the squeaking from the indicator tabs? i'm not going to **** around with them cause they are the only lexus dealership here and i don't want to screw myself on the warranty.
This is pure garbage. They just want to be able to get the paid service work for the first set of pads. Speak to the service manager and quote from the TSB. In fact get him to access it from the Lexus web site and read it together.It is TSB2203, dated june 02, 2006. It states "For customers who find this objectionable (a large volume of brake dust on the wheels), an alternative brake material has been developed which reduces brake dust generation". It goes on to say that "This repair is covered under Lexus Basic Warrantee. This warrantee is in effect for 48 months or 80000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's warranty registration date." No where does it impose wear limitations on the pads that need replacement.

If that does not work call Lexus Corporate and complain loudly. Can't believe this short sighted attitude. I guess I can believe when they are the only dealer in town. That is what lack of competition does for the customer.

Quick Reply: Brake TSIB story