Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TM Engineering...Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 05:54 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TM Engineering...Update

A while back, I ordered some front bushing kits from TM Engineering, including a set of UCA & LCA bushing sleeves - which I ended up not even needing because the old ones were re-usable. When I first ordered the stuff (through Todd), I told him I may end up returning those parts.

Well, I sent the sleeves back to them about three weeks ago. I even called and spoke directly to Todd - he took my card number so that he could post the credit - but still no credit to my AmEx account. Called back a second and third time - no answer.

I told you guys I'd keep you posted if something like this ended up happening, and I really didn't expect that it would - but it looks as though it DID. TM is sitting on $43 worth of goods I returned to them un-used!

Hows that for customer service
Old 07-13-07, 11:58 AM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i know he's always a really hard guy to get to.
Old 07-13-07, 12:42 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Never had a problem with TM. Just call your credit card company and have them handle it.
Old 07-13-07, 03:51 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's just a matter of time until you get your money back. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason why it's taking so long.
Old 07-13-07, 04:25 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Todd must be really busy. Believe me, he's a stand up guy and wouldn't short someone intentionally.
Old 07-13-07, 04:54 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Todd wouldn't stiff you... especially for $43 bucks.
Old 07-14-07, 07:11 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

does anyone know how long it takes to ship somethig through this company? I ordered my rack bushings(which are bad to a point i dont want to drive my car) I ordered them online on monday, i recived a confirm email about my order. I was told in the email to email sales for tracking info so i did. Two days went by and i got no answer. I called at around 2pm and no one picked up the phone over there. Wow, i own a buisness too and i know if i ran my buisness like that i would have no customers very soon. All i want to know is if my bushings have been shipped and when they are going to be here.
Old 07-14-07, 08:12 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
does anyone know how long it takes to ship somethig through this company? I ordered my rack bushings(which are bad to a point i dont want to drive my car) I ordered them online on monday, i recived a confirm email about my order. I was told in the email to email sales for tracking info so i did. Two days went by and i got no answer. I called at around 2pm and no one picked up the phone over there. Wow, i own a buisness too and i know if i ran my buisness like that i would have no customers very soon. All i want to know is if my bushings have been shipped and when they are going to be here.
I know of another company that runs their performance shop like this.... I'm actually quite good friends with him, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm sure to customers it is extremely frustrating when the phone doesn't get answered and even then when calls aren't returned... he has good intentions, just bad follow through (usually from being busy, but still)
Old 07-14-07, 11:19 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
I know of another company that runs their performance shop like this.... I'm actually quite good friends with him, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm sure to customers it is extremely frustrating when the phone doesn't get answered and even then when calls aren't returned... he has good intentions, just bad follow through (usually from being busy, but still)
i understand i know friends that run their shops like that too, i think its a joke im not saying the guy is a joke i just dont like how the bussnes is ran. Btw got my bushings in the mail today and i forgot to mention that i left a recording but no one called me back.
its cool as long as people get their stuff and its fairly price which it is, i guess thats all it matters.
Old 07-16-07, 10:19 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Well, I definately can understand how busy Todd must be right now. I'm a business owner myself. But, just as several others have posted, if I ran my business like that, I'd have no repeat customers - and even fewer new ones. Because bad press always spreads quicker than good press. I'm not trying to 'out' the guy or anything. I just think that 3+ weeks is WAY TO LONG to be waiting on a credit for goods that were returned a month ago! (heck, I haven't even gotten a return call)

Now, I don't care HOW freakin busy a shop gets - you can't be doing people that way! Customer service has to be a #1 priority. Heck, if he's THAT busy, then he should be able to afford a receptionist. Or at least a virtual receptionist or answering service - DANG!
Old 07-16-07, 12:31 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
It's just a matter of time until you get your money back. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason why it's taking so long.
yeah... he is extremely busy at times. But i still stand by his work. He is one of the few guys in the industry that can work magic on my car.
Old 07-16-07, 04:58 PM
stonewis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But one has to admit, the poor reviews he's received on this forum might sway some to not buy from him. I know that I'll be very wary of ordering something from him. Just my $.02....