Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein CS adjustment?....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 11:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by gshb
just sucks when it creaks over speed bumps or dips where the suspension becomes unloaded then loaded again. i thought it was the tires but it happens on dirt roads too.
Be sure all the bushing bolts are tightened to factory spec. If they are not, the serrations on the bushings will make noise. Supras rarely get tightened to factory spec (166 ft-lbs) and often make noises after alignment. The same is true of the ISx50, although the torque spec is not as high as the Supra.
Old 08-11-07, 02:58 AM
jurutera
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to ask this question(abt coilovers and creaking issues) a long tie ago but didnt becoz i cant afford them. Most cars with the coilovers that i rode in seems to have made a creaking noise over time and i assumed its just normal for it to do so.

Thanx to Lobux for the explanation due to torque settings and creaking.i'll tell my friends about it maybe it will help them with the noise.
Old 12-19-08, 02:33 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The rods are the part you put the nut on at the hat.
can someone explain what this does? the nut that goes on the rod?

the other day i was messing with my height adjustments and decided to play around with the dampening and looking at the Tein's Manual it says not to go past 16clicks from full stiff which may cause damage. so why in the hell is it a 32dampening system? if i cant go past 16clicks without damaging anything then whats the point of purchasing a product that says 32clicks variable?

anyhow ive come to find out that i was at 25clicks from full stiff and been like that for a good 35k and no problems that i know of. when i adjusted to 16clicks from full stiff which is recommended for full safest softness, i find my butt catching air over bumps on the freeway. i think im going to go back to 25clicks the way i had it and even that was pretty bumpy, i guess i should expect damages to these coilovers in the near future with my non-air-butt-catching settings.

what are you're guys settings at?
are the backs suppose to be stiffer than the front or vice versa?
Old 12-19-08, 03:12 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have EDFC. I change it very often. I have 2 front and 4 rear. Just as they recommended. And 12/12 for city and 14/14. I follow what they recommend.

Btw, how long are you guys?

Do you think I can go even lower than this? Like maybe all the way down where the round circle ends. Will that harm my Tein CS in any way?