Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-07, 05:10 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PineGreen
According to these threads that I searched, the LS+ seems to do the trick.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=hks+hipermax

Post #3 by jtanoyo1 says that the softest setting are actually softer than stock.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=hks+hipermax

But I dunno if the spring rates of the LS+ are stiffer. Also, I hear that valving (not sure how it affects it) has an affect on the coilover.
WoW! Just read both posts and HKS LS+ got good reviews. The issue with the mounts on the Tein CS compared to the HKS LS+ may have me swayed.
Old 08-07-07, 08:08 PM
2FiVE8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the hks hipermax rs on my 2000 gs and i live in los angeles, with some of the worst freeways and streets in the US. I have found them to be almost like stock, i am riding on 19s and my car is tucking all the way around, so i know it could be better if i raise it a little, but i have to say even with my car being slammed it rides like stock and the bumps get handle very very well, i havent really played with the adjustability yet (soft or hard settings) but i have had them for over two months and my car rides better than my friends stock acura tsx, so i am a big fan of these coilovers and i highly recommend them to all, oh yeah i bought mine from steve at carson toyota if you guys are interested.
Old 08-07-07, 08:43 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2FiVE8
i have the hks hipermax rs on my 2000 gs and i live in los angeles, with some of the worst freeways and streets in the US. I have found them to be almost like stock, i am riding on 19s and my car is tucking all the way around, so i know it could be better if i raise it a little, but i have to say even with my car being slammed it rides like stock and the bumps get handle very very well, i havent really played with the adjustability yet (soft or hard settings) but i have had them for over two months and my car rides better than my friends stock acura tsx, so i am a big fan of these coilovers and i highly recommend them to all, oh yeah i bought mine from steve at carson toyota if you guys are interested.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look into those.
Old 08-07-07, 10:00 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2FiVE8
Thanks for the post. Are you having any noises or creeks from the solid upper mounts? Does it seem harsh at all in the ride due to those solid mounts? I'm very interested in these but that solid mount has been worried. Any more info you could give would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-07, 09:43 PM
JLAM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have HKS Hipermax LS on my GS400 but I haven't tried Tein CS on my cars so I can't really compare the two. I had Tein HA on my old GS300. I like the HKS more in comparison to the tein. But don't get me wrong...the Tein weren't bad. I actually don't have many complaints about the Tein. I had Tein on other cars also and I would buy them again. I'm actually thinking about Tein CS for my wife's IS300. Also...keep in mind that the HKS cost a little more.
Old 08-08-07, 10:12 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JLAM
I have HKS Hipermax LS on my GS400 but I haven't tried Tein CS on my cars so I can't really compare the two. I had Tein HA on my old GS300. I like the HKS more in comparison to the tein. But don't get me wrong...the Tein weren't bad. I actually don't have many complaints about the Tein. I had Tein on other cars also and I would buy them again. I'm actually thinking about Tein CS for my wife's IS300. Also...keep in mind that the HKS cost a little more.
Thanks for your inputs. I was wondering about how close the ride is on the Hipermax LS to stock. From what I hear, the tein HA is stiffer than the CS, so I am assuming that your personal preference is for a much stiffer ride??? Thanks.
Old 08-09-07, 03:46 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I have been on my Tein CS for about 3 years now and love the ride, but I am going to have to have them refurbished soon as the ride quality is starting to diminish a bit. I am either going to buy the CSv2 at the great group buy price or buy the HKS coilovers. Still trying to decide, I have heard nothing but great things about the HKS version. Keep the input coming

Last edited by GS300Rich; 08-09-07 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-09-07, 07:17 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I have been on my Tein CS for about a year now and love the ride,
I thought you've had them for a few years now Rich? shoot, I think I've had mine 2 years and you had them before me.
Old 08-09-07, 08:50 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

If it were me, i'd get the HKS solely because you can go A LOT lower on them.
Old 08-09-07, 09:34 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bighitbike
If it were me, i'd get the HKS solely because you can go A LOT lower on them.
I'd like to go lower myself too, but the wife drives my car every once and a while and it would definitely not be a good idea for me to have it too low since she wouldn't be used to driving something like that. Anyone else w/ the HKS LS set up? I'd like to hear more about hte ride quality. Thanks.
Old 08-09-07, 10:03 AM
JLAM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PineGreen
Thanks for your inputs. I was wondering about how close the ride is on the Hipermax LS to stock. From what I hear, the tein HA is stiffer than the CS, so I am assuming that your personal preference is for a much stiffer ride??? Thanks.
yes, your're right the HA is stiffer than CS. I personally used to have race/drift suspension on my previous cars(prelude, 240sx,etc)...but now that I'm older and more mature (i think, lol), I prefer to have a nice smooth ride which the HKS provide for me. It's hard for me to compare to the stock suspension because I put on the HKS right after I bought the car. It's a tad bit stiffer than stock but not unbearable. Overall I'm happy with it...nice ride and good handling. But if I had to come up with a con...I wish the front would go about .5 inch lower. (which isn't that bad, I just like my cars very low) The rears are fine, I can tuck my 19s.
Old 08-09-07, 11:16 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuckb
I thought you've had them for a few years now Rich? shoot, I think I've had mine 2 years and you had them before me.

Thanks for pointing that out chuck. I have had them for over 3 years now. Not sure why I wrote that
Old 08-09-07, 11:42 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^I thought I missed something.
Old 08-10-07, 04:01 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I went out a ordered a set of HKS LS+ today. Will have them next Friday. Japanese holiday Mon-Thur.
Old 08-10-07, 08:16 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the purchase, I have the HKS LS+ and I love them. Great handling and the ride is nice too. They can get a lot stiffer than the CS can go.

Quick Reply: HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2