Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 09:16 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrewGS300
I heard they are no longer available in the States. There are here! (Japan). I saw them l-tunedparts for $1629. Wonder what their best price would be? Will ask.
Hey guys, just saw this thread and wanted to let you know that we have already sent an inquiry to see what the cost and availabilty is for this set up.
As always we will see what the best price we can do for our CL members, but I wanted to see how many are interested in this setup? The more people we have interested, we might be able to get a better price with a qty price.
Old 08-10-07, 09:22 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I went out a ordered a set of HKS LS+ today. Will have them next Friday. Japanese holiday Mon-Thur.
Please keep us updated. I'd really like to hear your inputs on them since it seems that we are both trying to achieve the same goal for ride. Thanks
Old 08-10-07, 09:25 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Congrats on the purchase, I have the HKS LS+ and I love them. Great handling and the ride is nice too. They can get a lot stiffer than the CS can go.
BC-GS430...I understand that you say the LS+ can go a lot stiffer than the CS, but can it go softer also? I was wondering if it can go as soft as stock? Thanks. Also, I PM'd you w/ a question. It'd be very appreciated if you could give any info on that too (didn't want to tie this thread up w/ anything else). Thanks for your time.
Old 08-11-07, 06:04 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Well, I went out a ordered a set of HKS LS+ today. Will have them next Friday. Japanese holiday Mon-Thur.
Drew is getting me a set of the HKS LS+ coilovers too! Thanks for all your help Drew. It's really great when CL members help each other out. This is a big one - Buying and shipping a set of coilovers to the states for another member. Drew's just been awesome in helping me get a set. I'm looking forward to getting these, putting them on, and writing a review for all of you. Huge 's for Drew!!!

Scott
Old 08-12-07, 04:51 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PineGreen
Please keep us updated. I'd really like to hear your inputs on them since it seems that we are both trying to achieve the same goal for ride. Thanks
It won't be until Nov/Dec at best before I get to install; won't be back until Oct, but will let you know.
Old 08-12-07, 04:53 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Drew is getting me a set of the HKS LS+ coilovers too! Thanks for all your help Drew. It's really great when CL members help each other out. This is a big one - Buying and shipping a set of coilovers to the states for another member. Drew's just been awesome in helping me get a set. I'm looking forward to getting these, putting them on, and writing a review for all of you. Huge 's for Drew!!!

Scott
Scott,
No problem! Glad I am able to help. You will have yours on long before I return so I look forward to your review.
Old 08-12-07, 09:06 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PineGreen
BC-GS430...I understand that you say the LS+ can go a lot stiffer than the CS, but can it go softer also? I was wondering if it can go as soft as stock? Thanks. Also, I PM'd you w/ a question. It'd be very appreciated if you could give any info on that too (didn't want to tie this thread up w/ anything else). Thanks for your time.
I've never had it set at the softest setting, I've gone from 5 - 10 clicks from the softest and the ride is fine. If you drive over some bad roads though you will notice thats its stiffer, however 98% of the time it rides like stock. Cornering in these are a blast!
Old 08-13-07, 10:28 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i am on the phone with the local HKS distributor here in canada, and they are telling me that the LS+ is discountinued from the north american lineup, and that the current one is the RS, which is a rebadge of the old LS2?

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1991&rsku=6089

also, what is the shock body made out of? steel or aluminum? don't want steel because it's heavy and is guaranteed to rust no matter what coating they use from past experience

so confused...

Last edited by Benjamin T; 08-13-07 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-13-07, 10:29 AM
Kuroikaze
Pole Position

Ride seems to be on par with what I'm looking for. I've tried searching but does anyone have pics of their hks on the lowest setting? Another member had mentioned that the front doesn't tuck?
Old 08-13-07, 10:45 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i've been digging and found the new hipermax III:

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/...x/lll/lll.html
Old 08-13-07, 05:08 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the LS+ and i have them pretty close to stock ride comfort. you can slam your ride pretty low and the shock is made out of aluminum. as an added plus, they don't make noise like some teins.

i found a past post that has LS+ and it's slammed pretty low. check out the pics..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104740

Last edited by corkycal; 08-13-07 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 11:29 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corkycal
i have the LS+ and i have them pretty close to stock ride comfort. you can slam your ride pretty low and the shock is made out of aluminum. as an added plus, they don't make noise like some teins.

i found a past post that has LS+ and it's slammed pretty low. check out the pics..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104740
Just wondering (since it's 30 way adjustable), where you are at w/ your setting. Thanks
Old 08-14-07, 06:28 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since i wanted comfort, i have 8 clicks(clockwise) from the softest setting for both front and rear.
Old 08-17-07, 05:08 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Default Look what came today!!

Had to wait a week but it was well worth it!
Attached Thumbnails HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2-hks-ls-.jpg  

Last edited by DrewGS350; 08-17-07 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 05:12 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Will have to wait till I get back... Will post pics once she is installed.
Attached Thumbnails HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2-drew-hks-ls-.jpg  

Last edited by DrewGS350; 08-17-07 at 05:17 AM.

Quick Reply: HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2