Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 05:15 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For JZS 161 year 97-05
Attached Thumbnails HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2-drew-hks-ls-jzs-161.jpg  
Old 08-17-07, 07:22 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it worth waiting for the new hipermax 3? or just get this?
Old 08-17-07, 08:41 AM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
is it worth waiting for the new hipermax 3? or just get this?
Yes, I actually did see those but they are very $$$. The Hipermax II LS+ will give me what I am looking for in a suspension; quality product, stock ride with hight adjustability improved handeling and at a good price.

Last edited by DrewGS350; 08-18-07 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 08:52 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=297639

i'm just worried that this new model will result in the discontinuation of the current models, meaning fire sale prices in the future or difficulty in getting parts?
Old 08-17-07, 09:15 AM
mpsarmi
Driver

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey guys, just saw this thread and wanted to let you know that we have already sent an inquiry to see what the cost and availabilty is for this set up.
As always we will see what the best price we can do for our CL members, but I wanted to see how many are interested in this setup? The more people we have interested, we might be able to get a better price with a qty price.
I'm interested sir.
Old 08-17-07, 04:05 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrewGS300
For JZS 161 year 97-05

Since we are both looking for the same ride....please let me know how it is once you get these on.
Old 08-20-07, 02:42 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Can someone post a pic of where the dampener adjustment ***** go on the rear set-up of the LS+; curious to see what it looks like. What direction is stiff and what is soft? Right tight, left loose?
Old 08-20-07, 02:49 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the adjustment **** is just a long allen key with a circular ****. on both the front and rear, you stick the adjustment **** into the shaft and turn clockwise for firm and counterclockwise for the opposite effect.

make sure you don't turn the adjustment screw all the way out; it will back out all the way where the valve springs will pop out.

your best bet is to fully turn it clockwise for full stiffness and start to back out to your desired feel. you know that it has 30 clicks so you get the idea.
Old 08-24-07, 04:01 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott1258
Drew is getting me a set of the HKS LS+ coilovers too! Thanks for all your help Drew. It's really great when CL members help each other out. This is a big one - Buying and shipping a set of coilovers to the states for another member. Drew's just been awesome in helping me get a set. I'm looking forward to getting these, putting them on, and writing a review for all of you. Huge 's for Drew!!!

Scott
Scott they are on the way shipped 24 Aug! Should see them in 5-7 days. Looking forward to some pics of the install.

Drew
Old 08-30-07, 12:08 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DrewGS300
Scott they are on the way shipped 24 Aug! Should see them in 5-7 days. Looking forward to some pics of the install.

Drew

Hey Drew, and everyone else following this thread, -- I got the HKS LS+ coils yesterday -- shipped and ordered via Drew from Japan! They look great, and I will be getting them installed next week. I've been busy the last couple days but I'll post some pics when I have a free moment. We all love pics here at CL!

Drew, thank you so much for all your help in getting and shipping these to me here in the states. You've been just amazing. Drew is what CL is all about - members helping each other. He had these ordered and shipped so quick. I appreciate all your pm's too Drew letting me know what was happening and then following up with a phone call to make sure all was good. It just doesn't get better than this.

If anyone ever needs a reference for Drew here it is - he's the best. Totally trustworthy - don't even give it a thought about working with Drew. He could have run off with all my money I paypaled to him, but he bought me an awesome set of HKS coilovers and shipped them from Japan right to me instead. You da man Drew!

And I'll let everyone know my thoughts on the coils after install too.

Scott
Old 08-30-07, 06:48 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Drew, and everyone else following this thread, -- I got the HKS LS+ coils yesterday -- shipped and ordered via Drew from Japan! They look great, and I will be getting them installed next week. I've been busy the last couple days but I'll post some pics when I have a free moment. We all love pics here at CL!

Drew, thank you so much for all your help in getting and shipping these to me here in the states. You've been just amazing. Drew is what CL is all about - members helping each other. He had these ordered and shipped so quick. I appreciate all your pm's too Drew letting me know what was happening and then following up with a phone call to make sure all was good. It just doesn't get better than this.

If anyone ever needs a reference for Drew here it is - he's the best. Totally trustworthy - don't even give it a thought about working with Drew. He could have run off with all my money I paypaled to him, but he bought me an awesome set of HKS coilovers and shipped them from Japan right to me instead. You da man Drew!

Scott
Drew, you are the man! I'm Japanese and lived in Tokyo but I was too lazy to export stuff for my friends. After S/H, finding the exact right part, it is a lot of work. Big props to you Drew.

And I also have the HKS LS (not the LS+), and loving it so far. Just the right spring rate, shocks are just the right firmness, and no sounds or anything. I've heard so many people complain about noise with TEINs, I would recommend HKS LS/LS+ if they can find a set.
Old 08-30-07, 02:23 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Scott
Scott,
Thanks! I am glad I was able to help. Been here 3 years and picked up a few items here and looking forward to finally instaling them. Was not able to get my 2JZ-GTE though; couldn't justify with only 11K on stock engine; wife would have a cow. Look forward to pics of your install and review.
Drew
Old 08-30-07, 02:38 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
Drew, you are the man! I'm Japanese and lived in Tokyo but I was too lazy to export stuff for my friends. After S/H, finding the exact right part, it is a lot of work. Big props to you Drew.

And I also have the HKS LS (not the LS+), and loving it so far. Just the right spring rate, shocks are just the right firmness, and no sounds or anything. I've heard so many people complain about noise with TEINs, I would recommend HKS LS/LS+ if they can find a set.
I have loved my time here; got down to Tokyo about twice a year; I am up in Aomori prefecture. I have to admit my trip to Kyoto was my favorite the traditional Japanese culture is still strong.
Getting parts has been fairly easy as I have several Japanese auto enthusiasts in the community that are able to help out. The feedback I got here about the HKS LS+ was very good and highly recommended especially if you are looking for height adjustment and stock ride. As far as shipping goes having a US post office here saves a bunch of $$ on shipping in comparison to shipping it international. It took about 5 days for Scott to get his package.

Last edited by DrewGS350; 08-30-07 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-30-07, 04:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

God I think these will be my next coilovers. I just gotta find someone with the HKS setup so I can ride in. I wasn't too fond of the Tein CSv1. I heard noises, but it may have been an isolated case.
Old 08-30-07, 10:07 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

Scott

Scott...can't wait to hear your thoughts on the LS+.

Drew...that was very cool of you. That's an understatement, but dunno what else to say.

Quick Reply: HKS Hipermax LS+ or Tein CS V.2