Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

does Tein CS v2 squeek or make funny noises?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 04:01 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does Tein CS v2 squeek or make funny noises?

just wondering if Tein CS v2 makes squeeky or any noises when in cold weather like in v1?

or have they fixed it for v2?
Old 08-09-07, 03:48 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hoped they fixed it because my v1 squeak and it annoys the s#$% out of me. Would like to know if this has been fixed as well. What is the squeak caused by, because mine does it even when it isnt cold out
Old 08-09-07, 07:13 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hopefully I'm not cursing myself, but my CS V1 never squeak.
Old 08-09-07, 08:52 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

It seems that some people with Tein have noise issues while others do not. A bunch complain about noise on the Flex, while some dont. I've only heard of a few complaining with the CS. Quality control problem? I don't know but it's definitely a possibility.
Old 08-09-07, 11:15 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Mine didnt squeak until after about 2 years of being on the car, only in the front though.
Old 08-09-07, 10:49 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

A lot of the squeaking is due to the old dust cover design. The old design was a rigid plastic cup. When new, the plastic cup is nice and smooth but after a few thousand miles of wear and tear...sand and dust gets inbetween the spring and dust cover. It scratches the plastic pretty bad and it holds in a bit of dust. Also, it rubs the paint off the inside of the spring(causes some rust on spring) since its sitting flush with the spring. So the combination of scratched plastic cover + dust/sand mix in there + rust on spring = a bunch of squeaking.

Their new revised design uses a smaller flexible rubber boot that does not come in contact with the spring at all. All of you that have the old boot design can swap over to the new type no problem. Parts are interchangeable. Only downside is that you gotta pull apart the whole suspension to get to that piece
Old 08-11-07, 01:59 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
A lot of the squeaking is due to the old dust cover design. The old design was a rigid plastic cup. When new, the plastic cup is nice and smooth but after a few thousand miles of wear and tear...sand and dust gets inbetween the spring and dust cover. It scratches the plastic pretty bad and it holds in a bit of dust. Also, it rubs the paint off the inside of the spring(causes some rust on spring) since its sitting flush with the spring. So the combination of scratched plastic cover + dust/sand mix in there + rust on spring = a bunch of squeaking.

Their new revised design uses a smaller flexible rubber boot that does not come in contact with the spring at all. All of you that have the old boot design can swap over to the new type no problem. Parts are interchangeable. Only downside is that you gotta pull apart the whole suspension to get to that piece

thanks jeff!!
very clear explanation
i cant find the GB on teins anymore
Old 08-11-07, 02:45 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i cant find the GB on teins anymore
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299517

That's the current one.
Old 08-15-07, 08:29 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

well that explains why i've never heard this dreaded squeak... on top of that i had the base of my rubber dust boots safety wired to the shock bodies before install. i thought this was common knowledge... over time the boot will creep up and then pop off and get tangled up inside the spring and tear... the aftermath of this does not need description