Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

sway bar question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 09:52 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default sway bar question

i got Tein SS, when EDFC is set to hard it rides real good, nice and firm
all body roll goes away. So, will installing sway bars make any diffrence? better ride, worse ride worh the money VS the results?
Old 08-10-07, 09:53 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

if you have no body roll at all, I dont think sways will make that much of a difference
Old 08-11-07, 05:31 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

honestly you might think that you have no body roll compared to stock but from what I've heard from anyone that went with sways your car will corner like on rails.
Old 08-11-07, 08:44 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sways will help a lot. i hear trd is the way to go but if you want more comfort, diazen is a good alternative.
Old 08-11-07, 01:42 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Spyder78
honestly you might think that you have no body roll compared to stock but from what I've heard from anyone that went with sways your car will corner like on rails.
i have very little roll on high speed coners, nothing like on soft setting or with DF springs
However, i am just wondering if anyone who has adjustable damping coilovers, also has sways. what were the results? did it make a big diffrence or very little i know sway bars help tons when stock or just lowered, but what about with coilovers? i guess i can bite the bulet and see what happends when intalled or just wait and install them once the suspension starts to feel like it is getting soft
Old 08-11-07, 01:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

I would ask JeffTsai. He has Tein Flex AND TRD sways
Old 08-11-07, 10:39 PM
jlee804
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
i got Tein SS, when EDFC is set to hard it rides real good, nice and firm
all body roll goes away. So, will installing sway bars make any diffrence? better ride, worse ride worh the money VS the results?
Here is my experience for what it is worth. I have Tein CS setting is at max dampening, front and rear strut bars, Tom's rear 6-link, and TRD sway bars. I installed the parts in exactly that order over a 1 year period. Had to save money for each install phase - lol. I was able to drive the car in between suspension enhancements. Tein coilover made a huge impact on handling, but there was still some body roll. I added the front and rear strut bars and it helped reduce the body roll, but there was still some. Next was the Tom's rear 6-link, I couldn't really tell a difference in handling after the install. Lastly I installed the TRD sways and the car handles like a dream. Ride is still comfortable and the turns and curves are more precise. Are the TRD sways worth the price? I think they are. If anything the coilover and TRD are the way to go imo. The other parts are just extras.
Old 08-12-07, 12:15 AM
GSteg
Rookie

TRD is definitely the way to go. I had both Daizen and TRD. Hands down I had more fun with the TRD than the Daizen. The daizens are softer than the TRD. But if ride quality is what you're after, you shouldn't even be considering new sways. Just stick to stock
Old 08-12-07, 01:57 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

trust me guys, i know trd are the best bang for the buck, but i was not sure if it would make a diffrence for my set up. i rarely push my car on coners, but there is times when i have too. lets just say in the past with the DFs, if i did not have the nitto rubber, i would have eaten sidewall. now car handles so much better on the ss.
thanks for your responces and input
Old 08-12-07, 02:01 PM
GSteg
Rookie

When pushed to the extreme, the sway bars will really come in handy. But if you're cruising through the turns most of the time, then you probably wont feel any major difference. Now the question is.....

Is it worth it to you to spend that extra $400-500 on something you will use once in awhile?
Old 08-12-07, 02:20 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

if it makes a diffrence, then i am sold i wish i was like those guys that don't care about there car's performance, style, ect... i would have so much money in the bank oh well, we only live once and as long as there is a roof over my head and food on the table, i guess any extra money can go to the car of course i put money away in savings, 401k, pay my place, ect... you know the grown up thing
Old 12-14-07, 02:50 AM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GET ALL THE SUSPENSION YOU CAN!!!!!! ahh!!! LOL j/k... if you wanted a soft ride you would have bought an LS not a GS..

What Lexus did with the GS was take a Toyota sports sedan (Aristo) and dip it in luxury juice and then slapped a Lexus badge on it!!! Bring your car back to it's roots... SPORTS SEDAN..... and if you have the money drop a 2JZ-GTE in it!!!

sorry for the rant but it's late... I am listening to techno and cleaning my car
Old 12-14-07, 08:44 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

can anyone offer a description of ride between a setup w/tein cs only vs tein cs with TRD sways?

i'm kinda in the same boat as the 'FONZ'
Old 12-14-07, 01:07 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
can anyone offer a description of ride between a setup w/tein cs only vs tein cs with TRD sways?

i'm kinda in the same boat as the 'FONZ'
Ask Tommy (Lexus GS3). He had that setup. I was going to buy the sways from him but I'm saving my money.
Old 12-14-07, 01:12 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^Whats funny is I drove his car but only in the parking lot. Didnt really get a chance to feel the sways.

Quick Reply: sway bar question