Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help with Coilovers.. tein SS, D2 RS, others??

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-07, 03:23 PM
justenzo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Coilovers.. tein SS, D2 RS, others??

looking at getting a set of coilovers.. I have been contemplating getting the Tein SS's for a while now, but recently i have been introduced to D2 RS's (or Ksports).. I did a search, but i could only find posts about the D2's from last year... From what i read, they are a Taiwanese brand that is comparable to the Tein flex... basically im just looking for some members to ring in with more current first hand experience with them... Im in the ~1000 range, also is there anything else in that market thats good??? Thanks in advance...
Old 08-14-07, 04:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Moved to the forum marked suspension.
Old 08-15-07, 06:00 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by justenzo
looking at getting a set of coilovers.. I have been contemplating getting the Tein SS's for a while now, but recently i have been introduced to D2 RS's (or Ksports).. I did a search, but i could only find posts about the D2's from last year... From what i read, they are a Taiwanese brand that is comparable to the Tein flex... basically im just looking for some members to ring in with more current first hand experience with them... Im in the ~1000 range, also is there anything else in that market thats good??? Thanks in advance...
I'm currently running Tein SS and I love it. It has very acceptable ride and smoothness. I only paid $830 new.
Old 08-15-07, 07:18 PM
justenzo
Driver

yah im pretty set on the SS's... but from what i read and hear.. that megan coils are also a very viable option.. anyone for Megan's... And i know there is a lot of hearsay about them concerning lower quality internals... But can ppl ring in about first hand experiences.. thanks

-justin
Old 08-16-07, 07:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I have the D2's and I like the ride I've never had any issues, I have mine on the firmest setting, the adjustability options are great too. .
Old 08-16-07, 08:34 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justenzo
Im in the ~1000 range, also is there anything else in that market thats good??? Thanks in advance...
H&R Coilovers are $1037 at Allsprings.com. They offer no stiffness adjustability, but they are height adjustable. The build quality is really a cut above.

When I was looking at suspension, these were the coilovers that I was intending to purchase. If you are looking for something ultra-sporty, the H&R is not suggested. The spring rates are hardly driftable. But, if you are looking for something daily driver friendly, I would suggest them.

Last edited by Blizzy; 08-16-07 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-16-07, 10:01 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i love my tein ha coilovers. theyll be for sale soon though
Old 08-17-07, 04:12 PM
justenzo
Driver

thanks guys... yah, im still on the fence, it seems that everyone seems to like there own coils very much... i dont know about the H&R though bliz, i think i might eventually do some drifting.. So many options, but i still have the SS's in the lead by a lil... but the D2's and Meg's are still in running...

Cherplex, how long have u had them?? and how are they with ur driving??

hoebag, how much are u selling ur HA's.. pm me specifics.. ty
Old 08-18-07, 02:16 PM
Imsc300
Advanced

STANCE
Old 08-18-07, 05:48 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoeBag
i love my tein ha coilovers. theyll be for sale soon though
Im interested... Let me know what you are trying to get out of them.
Old 08-18-07, 09:13 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

If you want to do some drifting, I would save up a couple hundred more and get something stiffer...like Stance or Silk Road.
Old 08-18-07, 09:18 PM
kratos
Pole Position

I have the Tein SS and I love them.

Perfect ride height and the ride quality is very good. I wouldn't trade them for anything else.
Old 08-19-07, 04:29 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blizzy
If you want to do some drifting, I would save up a couple hundred more and get something stiffer...like Stance or Silk Road.
So drifting is not recommended with these? Then i guess these are out of the question.
Old 08-19-07, 06:05 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to have a set of Kei-Office coilovers... on a daily driver you might as well have solid bars welded onto the chassis and control arms.

I'm currently looking at a few coilovers as well since I want to drop my ride height ever so slightly. Looking at the JIC FLT-FAS (supposedly nice ride, even with the stiff spring rates - F:18kg, R:10kg... and cheapest), Tein Comfort Sport (supposed to be nice too - F:10kg, R: 6kg... kinda sounds a little soft?)

I've ridden in a car with Ksports in them, and while they're not bad, they're quite stiff. Tein SS seems a lot smoother (near OEM) unless you have it slammed on it's guts (the ride is rough as guts at that height).
Old 08-19-07, 07:41 AM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCpwner
So drifting is not recommended with these? Then i guess these are out of the question.
wait. you want to drift? This is news to me. How do you expect to drift in an SC400?

Quick Reply: Help with Coilovers.. tein SS, D2 RS, others??