Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Making the Tein CS's lower

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-07, 05:58 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I never heard of Tein CS's "tucking" on a 2GS...
Old 08-24-07, 10:08 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default >>>>>

Do we have the same definition of tucking?
Both my front and rear tires were tucked in the fender, I would say about .5-.75 of an inch and my cs were not all the way down. I have 20's on 245/35 in front and 255/35 in back. I will look for pics when I get home.
Old 08-24-07, 10:22 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Tein CS will tuck tires if you have 20's all the way down. 19's or smaller you'll still have a small gap.
Old 08-24-07, 10:22 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lalex1 - It depends on how you want your stance. Someone people like it lower then others. It's really all a matter of opinion. A lot of people here agree that the CS's don't lower the car and tucks all wheels. If you are rubbing all over you might have the wrong combo offset/tire size. Post a picture so we can all see how your set up looks.
Old 08-24-07, 01:14 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i don't see how people can run that low on the CS.

i have the v1.0's and the perches are at the lowest setting. with the damping even at it's stiffest setting, the front struts bottom outo n their stops because they don't have enough stroke to make up for the loss in height, so there is a lot of bashing and crashing to be experienced.

i also question the safety of taking off one of the two spring perches!!! is that even safe? i'm not saying that tein's stuff is bad, but i've seen the perch break into 2 pieces on a cheap set of sleeves on a honda... i don't have to tell you what the end result was
Old 08-24-07, 01:36 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taeng
lalex1 - It depends on how you want your stance. Someone people like it lower then others. It's really all a matter of opinion. A lot of people here agree that the CS's don't lower the car and tucks all wheels. If you are rubbing all over you might have the wrong combo offset/tire size. Post a picture so we can all see how your set up looks.
Definitely true. You shouldn't be rubbing with 20's even with them all the way down. You must have to big of tires or the wrong offset. And as for as i've seen, the CS' wont slam me the way I want them too.

Originally Posted by Benjamin T

i have the v1.0's and the perches are at the lowest setting. with the damping even at it's stiffest setting, the front struts bottom outo n their stops because they don't have enough stroke to make up for the loss in height, so there is a lot of bashing and crashing to be experienced.

i also question the safety of taking off one of the two spring perches!!! is that even safe? i'm not saying that tein's stuff is bad, but i've seen the perch break into 2 pieces on a cheap set of sleeves on a honda... i don't have to tell you what the end result was
Can we get some pics of your car all the way down?
Old 08-24-07, 01:49 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Old 08-24-07, 05:09 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I need lowerrrrrrrrrrr. I want those wheels though
Old 08-25-07, 06:55 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Benjamin T

Is all that bashing and crashing to be experienced with the V2's all the way down? Mine should be arriving soon and I plan to put them on the lowest setting. However I wouldn't want to experience all that "bashing and crashing"
Old 08-25-07, 11:22 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

EXACT MOTORSPORTS in MILPITAS CA has a part they install that drops your front end another inch. They are a supporting vendor on here. PM them, i believe they are username "Exact" or post this in the Cali regional section. Cali people mostly have these install and the front end tucks in.
Old 08-25-07, 07:21 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bighitbike
Damn, I need lowerrrrrrrrrrr. I want those wheels though
those are 19's in the pic btw. but when i was on 20's i couldn't make those tuck either (as in no gap or even less) :huh:

california roads must be billard table smooth and paved with gold...
Old 08-25-07, 07:25 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by taeng
Is all that bashing and crashing to be experienced with the V2's all the way down? Mine should be arriving soon and I plan to put them on the lowest setting. However I wouldn't want to experience all that "bashing and crashing"
i created another thread asking about that, but no one has replied.

i bought a set of used v2.0's from another listmember here, but it's going to take awhile to get to me and have them installed. i still have my v1.0's here and i'm going to put them side by side and see what physical difference there are (ie. is the strut shorter).

i'm currently on STANCE GR+'s, which have a threaded body for independent height adjustment like the tein SS, but it has none of the noise the SS has... but everyone who rides with me are complaining it's too stiff, so i have to look at my options again

i wish HKS would hurry up and bring the hipermax 3 here already
Old 08-25-07, 09:13 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

time to find exact and see what the deal is...
Old 08-26-07, 06:25 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

If anyone wants information about how to make the front lower safely just send me a PM..
Old 08-26-07, 11:50 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

once again

EXACT in milpitas california......... get in touch with john