Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What can you tell me about eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 10:40 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAPHyte
Javi- Did you cut your bumpstops when you lowered your ride?
You know, I'm not sure. I had a local shop install them and I forgot to ask if they cut them or not. Sorry...

Javier
Old 08-30-07, 03:31 AM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you show me some pics of the car befour and after. Also. What do you think of the tanabe NF201 springs?
Old 08-30-07, 01:49 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont like springs for these cars because they driver side always leans. If you are cool with your car sitting 1/2 inch lower on the driver side, then get springs.
Old 08-30-07, 01:51 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I dont like springs for these cars because they driver side always leans. If you are cool with your car sitting 1/2 inch lower on the driver side, then get springs.
I never heard anyone else complaining about this. Maybe it was just your specific car?
Old 08-30-07, 04:10 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by B@tm@n
Can you show me some pics of the car befour and after. Also. What do you think of the tanabe NF201 springs?
Before:

After:

As far as the Tanabe springs go, they offer a more aggressive drop than the Eibachs do, and the ride is just a bit stiffer...
Originally Posted by sincityIS
I don't have this problem...

Javier
Old 08-30-07, 09:15 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Before:

After:

As far as the Tanabe springs go, they offer a more aggressive drop than the Eibachs do, and the ride is just a bit stiffer...I don't have this problem...

Javier
Looks nice!

Where and how much for the install?
Old 08-31-07, 09:03 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I had them installed by Harry at Impex Motorsports in San Gabriel.

935 S San Gabriel Blvd
San Gabriel, CA
(626) 285-6630

Good work, good prices...

Javier
Old 08-31-07, 09:12 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Javy,

I know you've post about flipping your tires about every 5k due to the toe from the drop. Dose anybody else here have short lived tire from the Eibach drop? Thats my only draw back from getting some Eibachs right now. Supposedly some members just can't get their money's worth on tires from these springs.
Old 08-31-07, 09:38 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
Javy,

I know you've post about flipping your tires about every 5k due to the toe from the drop. Dose anybody else here have short lived tire from the Eibach drop? Thats my only draw back from getting some Eibachs right now. Supposedly some members just can't get their money's worth on tires from these springs.
I haven't heard anyone getting premature tire ware from eibachs? If you get an alignment and everything is okay than you should get normal tire ware.

Can anyone with eibachs that had them on for a while chime in and let us know?

Last edited by gsrthomas; 08-31-07 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-31-07, 09:57 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
Javy,

I've got over 17,000 miles on my Eibachs, and I only started flipping them 4,000 miles ago as a substitute for proper tire rotation. I've got pretty even tread wear. Honestly, I really didn't need to flip my tires, I just did it because I'm ****... I'd still be getting them flipped if I wasn't dropped.

Javier
Old 09-03-07, 12:41 AM
jurutera
Driver

Thanx to the OP for this thread and everyone who responded. I was thinkin of getting the cheaper tanabe NF210 but since someone vouch for Eibachs ill go with Eibachs.
Hopefully it doesnt rub with the 20/225/35 setting for fronts.
Old 09-06-07, 05:59 AM
Juicy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Phanatik
How is the drop of the Pro-Kits compared to the Sports Suspension? Is it almost the same or is it significantly lower?
There is a big difference. The stock X performance spring are no where close to the drop the Eibachs have. The car rides a little firmer then the X springs. I feel the Eibachs are the perfect drop for the IS250. I have no complaints!!!
Old 09-07-07, 07:32 AM
jurutera
Driver

Just installed the springs today and im really satisfied with it. Drop is perfect for me tho some ppl might want it lower. The best thing is the ride is smooth even my friends didnt noticed i used eibachs till i told them it was sitting on it. Cost alot more than the other option but to me its money well spent.
Old 09-08-07, 01:57 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jurutera
Just installed the springs today and im really satisfied with it. Drop is perfect for me tho some ppl might want it lower. The best thing is the ride is smooth even my friends didnt noticed i used eibachs till i told them it was sitting on it. Cost alot more than the other option but to me its money well spent.
PICTURES!!!
Old 09-08-07, 03:29 AM
jurutera
Driver

^^^There you go, I didnt post it up since I thought everyone seen enough IS on eibachs. Sorry it doesnt have b4 and after pics i was late for the appointment to install it that day and in a rush. Pic doesnt look good its dusk here.

If anyone wants to see more at different angles, just tell me and ill post more daytime pics later.

Any comments good or constructive appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails What can you tell me about eibach springs-img_0209.jpg  

Quick Reply: What can you tell me about eibach springs