Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What can you tell me about eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 03:23 AM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can you tell me about eibach springs

Hi there. I am planning on getting the Eibach Pro kit springs. Since I am in Iceland can someone how much they cost in the US and how much the shipping would cost. Are they hard or comfy? I am a mega noob when it comes to stuff like suspension. Could you also attach some pics.
Old 08-29-07, 06:47 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Check out www.tirerack.com for the prices. I'm not sure if they are willing to ship to you though.

I'm probably going to lower with eibachs myself soon so I cant answer your question.
Old 08-29-07, 07:27 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ride quality is not bad since the drop is conservative. But handling is much better, it is more responsive on tight turns. I have the Pro Kit and aftermarket wheels. The wheels are staggered size so I have 235/35/19 in front and 275/30/19 in the rear. With this setup, the od of the wheels are almost identical. However, there is a one finger fender gap in front and two in the back. When I had the stock 18s on, the drop was perfect all around because the rear wheels are .5 inch bigger compared to my aftermarket wheels. I think I will be getting 275/35/19s in the rear for my next set of tires to even out the fender gaps.
Old 08-29-07, 12:30 PM
Phanatik
Driver

How is the drop of the Pro-Kits compared to the Sports Suspension? Is it almost the same or is it significantly lower?
Old 08-29-07, 12:57 PM
tjZ06
Driver

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
Ride quality is not bad since the drop is conservative. But handling is much better, it is more responsive on tight turns. I have the Pro Kit and aftermarket wheels. The wheels are staggered size so I have 235/35/19 in front and 275/30/19 in the rear. With this setup, the od of the wheels are almost identical. However, there is a one finger fender gap in front and two in the back. When I had the stock 18s on, the drop was perfect all around because the rear wheels are .5 inch bigger compared to my aftermarket wheels. I think I will be getting 275/35/19s in the rear for my next set of tires to even out the fender gaps.
Where in CA are you? I'd like to take a look at some dropped 2IS's before pulling the trigger on mine.

-TJ
Old 08-29-07, 01:01 PM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Where in CA are you? I'd like to take a look at some dropped 2IS's before pulling the trigger on mine.

-TJ
I'm in the Bay Area. If you go to EOS In Spetember, you will see a lot of lowered 2ISs.
Old 08-29-07, 02:22 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Eibachs for the 350...

It cost me about $220 shipped in the U.S.

The ride is a little bit more firm, and is a lot more confident in turns and twisties.

I kept the same size wheels/tires, so the ride is still comfortable and quiet at a cruise.

I definately suggest them for something more sporty, but still forgiving.
Old 08-29-07, 02:57 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ With the Eibach Springs, are they a lot bumpier or are they still pretty comfortable? I want to drop my IS250 but would also like to keep the stock ride feel.
Old 08-29-07, 03:19 PM
tjZ06
Driver

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
I'm in the Bay Area. If you go to EOS In Spetember, you will see a lot of lowered 2ISs.
I work in Mountain View, live in Girloy right now, but am probably moving to Sunnyvale or Santa Clara.

Anyway, what is ESO?

-TJ<---Lexus n3wb
Old 08-29-07, 04:52 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by rfx45
^^^^ With the Eibach Springs, are they a lot bumpier or are they still pretty comfortable? I want to drop my IS250 but would also like to keep the stock ride feel.
It's still comfortable. Not too significantly different on slightly bumpy roads; definately will feel it on older weather-stricken roads.

I would have never changed the springs if the car got too bumpy. After trying it on other people's cars, I found the Eibachs perfect (for both aesthetics and handling).

However, I have kept the same size wheels and tires. If you have or get bigger wheels with smaller tires, ride quality will definately be compromised...
Old 08-29-07, 04:53 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Anyway, what is ESO?
EOS = End Of Summer.

We have a gigantic meet in NorCal. About 100 cars or so will make the Exodus from L.A, San Diego, and Arizona to meet up with our NorCal internet-community bretheren.

It's scheduled for Sunday, September 30th. You'll see over 200+ cars there.

Old 08-29-07, 10:29 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rfx45
A lot of people who complain of a harsher ride are not only swapping springs, but reducing their tire's aspect ratio from 40 to 35 or 30 to accomodate larger wheels. Your ride quality has much more to do with the size tire you run than whether or not you're using Eibachs. I'm running Eibachs on my car, and I kept the stock-sized tires on my aftermarket wheels. My ride quality is practically identical in comfort to my stock suspension. Ask anyone who's ridden in my car (and there's lots on this board) and they'll tell you the same thing. So, to answer rfx45's question, they are still very comfortable.

Javier
Old 08-29-07, 10:33 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I'm running Eibachs on my car, and I kept the stock-sized tires on my aftermarket wheels. My ride quality is practically identical in comfort to my stock suspension. Ask anyone who's ridden in my car (and there's lots on this board) and they'll tell you the same thing.
*wakes from nap in Javi's comfy IS*

I can vouch for it!
Old 08-29-07, 10:38 PM
GRAPHyte
Driver School Candidate

Default Bumpstop cut?

Originally Posted by javyLSU
A lot of people who complain of a harsher ride are not only swapping springs, but reducing their tire's aspect ratio from 40 to 35 or 30 to accomodate larger wheels. Your ride quality has much more to do with the size tire you run than whether or not you're using Eibachs. I'm running Eibachs on my car, and I kept the stock-sized tires on my aftermarket wheels. My ride quality is practically identical in comfort to my stock suspension. Ask anyone who's ridden in my car (and there's lots on this board) and they'll tell you the same thing. So, to answer rfx45's question, they are still very comfortable.

Javier
Javi- Did you cut your bumpstops when you lowered your ride?
Old 08-29-07, 10:39 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the answer guys. I am definitely considering Eibachs now.

Quick Reply: What can you tell me about eibach springs